Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CSE] Lambda vs Relius

Matchup Ranking: 5.5-4.5

The Enemy's Assessment: [CSEX] Relius vs Lambda

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife

-Carl on Relius' Family Man Skills

Video Section

Sekido vs KP

YY vs Kagetsu

Yoshiki vs Onii

Ichiritsu tomato youchien inu kumi vs ?

Kyooju vs Toui

Ameyume vs Abeshi

Q vs Naaga

Q vs Naaga

Q vs Naaga

Jiren vs Hyaku Shiki

Mikoto vs ?

Mikoto vs ?

Maneja vs ?

Shin vs Tadanozako

Naaga vs Abeshi

YY vs Oni i

YY vs Oni i

TORI vs 4

Jaku jaku vs Kagura

? vs Yuuki

? vs Yuuki

Kuroe vs Maneja

Kuroe vs Maneja

Furukusha vs Shiva

Ko tsukuri banchou vs Under Night In-birth

Kuroi vs Nagatobi

Summary

Relius is the god of pressure. Unlike other characters which have a set pressure string path, Relius can simply reset his by sending his wife/doll, Ignis, to attack. As any Lambda player will tell you, "Lambda is not good at dealing with pressure."

This match up may eventually end up being even somewhere down the line, but even so, this is going to be a problematic match to fight.

Breakdown

Ignis

It is really hard drawing comparisons with Relius to his son, Carl: a somewhat similar type of character AND bad match up for us. Ignis has far superior attack speed and options to Ada while not even suffering from any of her weaknesses. She does not require a heavy amount of position setup because she teleports to Relius after she is done. Attacking Ignis is worthless: the damage she suffers is minimal (like 1 damage per hit); she has super armor on everything; she can even regenerate her health back considerably faster than Ada; and it's not like Relius can't fight without Ignis... It isn't even worth trying. Focus on Relius.

She has a low attack that hits multiple times and an overhead where she dives down. Relius can go for a hard to see mixup.

She has an attack like our 4D where she attacks from behind with a vicegrip.

She has a super that is the exact same as Carl's. Note that Relius' mixup with it is even more scary because of the range of his normals, his dash, and his dodge move.

Sidestep

The biggest annoying move Relius has on him is a dodge-in-place move (will get name later). This move's startup is instantaneous, giving him seemingly full-body invincibility whenever he feels like it. Lambda has considerably more recovery time on whiffed attacks (especially D moves) than other characters. One whiffed move from Lambda can mean eating a full combo.

If Relius gets too spam happy, be sure to punish him on its recovery. I'm not sure if CH will be easy or possible to get on him, but take what you can get.

With this dodge move, Relius can use Ignis' attack-from-behind move to score a CH on Lambda, scoring a full combo. Watch out for this.

The dodge can feint out Counter Assaults. It's already hard enough knowing when to CA against A Character and His X, dodging in place between his attacks makes that window of opportunity even smaller to get him off you. You have to be really paying attention.

On wake up, Relius can dodge our 236D and even all hits of it if positioned normally... Positioning 236D a little further away from Relius probably works better against him since he will dodge the first few hits and recover on top of the last hits of the attack.

Also, if you're pressing him, 236X may get dodged by him completely. I don't recall any of the 236X series going past Relius (since A and B track his X position). However, 236C positioned correctly may hit him during recovery... or whiff miserably. Feel it out.

Obviously, this move will stop a lot of autopiloting pressure from us. Just remember, he has to take a guess when to use the dodge, make sure he guesses wrong or doubt the viability of it.

Conclusion

Don't fuck with Relius.

A Word From Our Sponsor

Hey champ, if you're having any problems against a match up, just ask a question. Some of the information we provide may not be absolute, and we certainly are not experts, but we try to be helpful as much as possible. Any questions or answers that are posted will be included in a future, updated version of the initial post.

And did you know? someonewhodied is a scrub who plays Smash Bros?

The more you know

This MU seems pretty even IMO. He has all the tools to get in and some of them are not half bad. But at the same time it doesn't look like it'll be brain dead easy for him to approach us. *cough* Taokaka, Hazama *cough* /Mad

There are. I remember an early vid where Relius used his dodge move to avoid 236D oki. I'll try to find and post it once I get home.

Apparently, it can completely stop 236D. All Relius players I've seen have used that to stop that pressure. Also, the Ignis attack from behind gives Lambda even more problems when whiffing D moves or charging 214D. He doesn't have the pressure of Carl, but he definitely has an easier time setting good pressure up. And considering his range, I can see this easily turning into a bad match up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxFHv-_MF-M#t=9s

0:22 Okay so 236B causes you to shoot right by him when he uses that parry.

1:35 for 236D parry

2:05 Actually it looks like any move close enough puts you behind him. Even whiffed D swords

Same video, does 6C when opponent is in the air push them back farther or did the Lambda player 236C late?

I get the feeling that Relius can play like Lambda (attacking from behind) and do stupid crap like Carl. Here's a question. Anyone know about Ignis' proprties? It doesn't look like you can damage Ignis like you can Ada. Ignis super is a hit, not a grab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyYLnbkcAq8#t=10m21s

13:00 I think she has a counter move or something because that hit came out immediately have Lambda's counter assault.

Anyway, that's all I got from those videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxFHv-_MF-M#t=9s

Same video, does 6C when opponent is in the air push them back farther or did the Lambda player 236C late?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyYLnbkcAq8#t=10m21s

13:00 I think she has a counter move or something because that hit came out immediately have Lambda's counter assault.

Anyway, that's all I got from those videos.

You need to do 2DD>2147D now is all i think

And that "counter" attack is like Carl's 4D. It has a guard point.

i hope i dont sound like a traitor to the lambchop cause by saying i wanna sub relius. XD

*grabs torch and pitchfork*

i hope i dont sound like a traitor to the lambchop cause by saying i wanna sub relius. XD

Initiating termination protocol...

jk lol I'm subbing Relius too. But then again I play like half the cast lol

I sub carl, and i use carl like lambda sorta. Poke to set up a combo, and try to keep my opponent trapped.

I always seem to play my subs the way i play my main in any game lol. (you shoulda seen my attempt at making a unique arakune playstyle to work the way lambda does lol. Didnt work out too well)

:O You're right, someonewhodied (that's a long name to type out ): ).... Looking back a bit, I play everything aggressive-bumrush-angry-like after tracing it back to playing Captain Falcon in Melee/Brawl and Lizardman in SC2/3/4 D:

THE MORE YOU KNOW

Carl Sub, YLink/Tlink main in melee/brawl.

I find it hilarious how Snake mains in brawl play hazama and vice versa. (They are nearly the same in terms of attacks lol)