Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CSE] Lambda vs Relius

These last couple of pages have been very interesting. They will clearly help me figure out how to beat Relius in CSEX.

i tried to gatling hug.exe into swords and then 4b but im not fast enough! does anyone have a video of how to do it? i need to know....

i tried to gatling hug.exe into swords and then 4b but im not fast enough! does anyone have a video of how to do it? i need to know....

Can you be more specific? I don't know exactly what you're referring to.

brawl

We do not speak of 'that' game around here... even if I did get Top 16 at Devastation having not practiced it in 2 years...

We do not speak of 'that' game around here... even if I did get Top 16 at Devastation having not practiced it in 2 years...

D= why pick on me? i wasnt the only one talking about it D=

To make up for the lack of actual Relius discussion in this thread, I updated the initial post with a few things I'm taking out of his matches against Lambda. Hope you guys like the new format I'm writing in. I hope that someday, I too will be able to journalize like the pros.

and to get back on topic, i found a strategy for fighting relius. you MUST make him block or jump. he cant use his dodge move in the air and we have near endless anti air options. the one thing i've noticed in his gameplay vids is that his pressure strings can be very long and lead to medium damage. anyone else have observations they've noted?

1. Keep midscreen away at all times. Not fullscreen. That way, you can forward dash Ignis behind you or backdash a forward attack and punish rel with 5D.

2. Always counterassault the first chance you get. He doesn't leave any room for a DP.

3. Always Emergency tech and make sure its timed to avoid the unblockable reset.

If i were to actually stick by everything I say, i would be the best lambda ever, but i am stupid and derp out when actually playing =S

1. Keep midscreen away at all times. Not fullscreen. That way, you can forward dash Ignis behind you or backdash a forward attack and punish rel with 5D.

2. Always counterassault the first chance you get. He doesn't leave any room for a DP.

3. Always Emergency tech and make sure its timed to avoid the unblockable reset.

If i were to actually stick by everything I say, i would be the best lambda ever, but i am stupid and derp out when actually playing =S

I like staying full screen rather than midscreen. Relius's 214A covers a lot of ground really fast and is hard to avoid at midscreen.

Just gone done playing a Relius and I think full-screen may fair better against him. That Ignis back attack works better for pressure if you're closer versus further away and besides that, I still think he needs to get in on us. And if the back attack does hit, if you're at full screen you can get out of the stun quicker and compose a counterstrike in comparison to getting stuck in mix-up/combo

(testing this out in practice)

...yeah, i think that's about right

I fought Blood Gemeni today and yeah, this match will be a pain in the tushie. That damn behind attack kept scaring the hell out of me until I blocked instantly. Zoning is gonna be an issue as well, at least to me that is...

Just a minor error - you can't time emergency teches. You probably just mean neutral tech.

I fought Blood Gemeni today and yeah, this match will be a pain in the tushie. That damn behind attack kept scaring the hell out of me until I blocked instantly. Zoning is gonna be an issue as well, at least to me that is...

Relius's 214B isn't that annoying of a move. Sure it stops us from using 214D fullscreen but Relius needs Ignis to do anything. So once you see it, just dash forward. I forgot if you can punish 214B but you are able to pressure him freely.

Relius's 214B isn't that annoying of a move. Sure it stops us from using 214D fullscreen but Relius needs Ignis to do anything. So once you see it, just dash forward. I forgot if you can punish 214B but you are able to pressure him freely.

Need more matchup experience against him I guess. Need to play Blood-Gemeni more since he's maining Relius.

This matchup is fairly annoying, you have to be careful about your range if you try to throw anything out. If you commit to anything and you're not spaced right, you can expect Ignis to come flying at you and eat whatever it is you're trying to set up :c

This matchup is fairly annoying, you have to be careful about your range if you try to throw anything out. If you commit to anything and you're not spaced right, you can expect Ignis to come flying at you and eat whatever it is you're trying to set up :c

Yeah, watch your range, I agree. Ignis has that scissor move that can freaking snip you in the air if you're not careful.

He has a 50 heat DP. His dodge of more of a reversal (like cat chair or Bang's drives) than a DP(like ID or Jin's DPs).

If he has Ignis out, his dodge can be dangerous since he can use Ignis to attack you while he is twirling. Otherwise, he has 37 frames before he can do anything, so it can't be used against fast moves.

Edit: His dodge is invincible for the first 33 frames, so you have the last 4 frames to do a CH combo. Not to mention you can always just throw him out of it.

Hmm, so if you do 236D~C to say corner him and he does that dodge thing, can you simply do 236C right after for the CH?

No, 236D~C has too much recovery and 236C has too much startup. You're not going to be in a position to punish the dodge move. Lambda's zone tools are the only things he's going to be using it on. There is no desirable normal that he will want to dodge: all of Lambda's Cs last way too long and 4B is used only while he's already locked down.

The only two things Lambda will have to worry about is raw 236B/C getting baited- which is risky for him because 236A defeats this and j.214D which can be cancelled. He can get out of our ranged pressure which kind of sucks, but he's in no position to hurt us unless we are already committing to the risk.