Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axl_M4ster

WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE CORNER PRESSURE?

ASKING ANY/ALL DIZZY PLAYERS....

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE CORNER PRESSURES AND RUSHDOWNS WHEN YOU ARE USING DIZZY?

SINCE DIZZY IS A ZONER...I GET FLUSTERED WHEN PRESSURED OR CORNERED SINCE ALL HER SPECIALS HAVE SUCH LONG START UPS.

ANY ADVICE AS TO WHAT IS THE BEST THING TO DO, AS A COUNTER?

PLEASE DON'T REPLY WITH "BLOCK", LOL.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Well,

One thing you need to learn about Dizzy is that she can create really decent pressure herself with clams and spear, but once she's in a corner, your best bet is to Dead Angle out, I've found 2HS can get me out of pressure sometimes in between enemy blockstrings. But, I'm rarely in pressure since Dizzy has good knockdowns that keep her on the offensive... Not many defensive options for her.

And another thing, if you're being rushed down, I suggest just being patient for your enemy to drop an unsafe move, I have a habit of waiting and doing 2K,c.S,f.S, Ice spear if I can, then K clam and Spear and try to gain back momentum.

Against Corner pressure Instant Block, FD jump and FD them out and for counter, most of the time ... DON'T except at obvious unsafe move and u can react most overhead with 2h hit confirm other is abusing her throw range against tick throw setup (you can instantly reverse position with corner grab i'd heavily recommend this) and air throw for those who likes to do jump in (except OS, u'll die if u try anti air him with air grab)

and if u say -> PLEASE DON'T REPLY WITH "BLOCK" ... i'm afraid u're playing the wrong character, since blocking is really her only best friend when being pressured

PLEASE DON'T REPLY WITH "BLOCK"

:psyduck:

'Block' is a good strat.

Best strat is to 'play smart and avoid dangerous situations that will get you trapped in a corner.'

IDK why this needed it's own thread considering that you can find some answers to your questions in the 'AC: Strategy Guide' Thread, mainly in some posts on the 1st page and even in the replies on the last page when someone else asks a similar question.

and if u say -> PLEASE DON'T REPLY WITH "BLOCK" ... i'm afraid u're playing the wrong character, since blocking is really her only best friend when being pressured

well, i'm in nyc...and i go to next level arcade,....and ny players are highly offense oriented, as opposed to west coast which is more defense oriented,....so i'll get constantly pressured by high level players who'll get you in serious blockstrings....if you've ever seen braver or mahouko from st1ckbug streams.....you'll see what i mean.

so i'll find myself stuck in blockstrings that last an eternity. i was just wondering if i was missing something regarding what dizzy can do against pressure...since i'm trying to get into her....i'm a axl, ky, and baiken player.

and i really like what dizzy can do damage-wise and in mind game zoning....but on defense, i'm clueless as to what to do with her.

thx everyone.