Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CSE] Carl Changes and Discussion Thread

I like watching Dio, he has no inputs but wins shit that he most likely should not have won. I can relate.

looool, this. I get you xD Pretty sure my skill is being lucky.

Can anyone post what Carls BnB is in BBEX now? Mid screen and corner combos.

Also any notable changes to his overall gameplan since the last version (certain moves/normals to spam or most useful mix ups etc).

Really appreciate any help you can give. Thanks.

Can anyone post what Carls BnB is in BBEX now? Mid screen and corner combos.

Also any notable changes to his overall gameplan since the last version (certain moves/normals to spam or most useful mix ups etc).

Really appreciate any help you can give. Thanks.

Mmmmm... well now all his BNB focuss on Volante combos and 4]D[ setups. That is because, now you can do teleport, 5C, j.B, j.C, 2]D[, Vivance, volante and 4]D[ setups into loong combos!

5b>6B>cantabile>22D>5C>Jb>jc>2D>vivace-B>j2c-Allecan>5c>jc>4D>66>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>volante>j2c>allegreto>8D

This is all very spacing sensitive,, so be careful

I've seen 4k Midscreen from a grab, lemme see if I can find it again and get the notes lol. As I recall it took a good chunk of nirvana meter though.

Lol kinda of topic here but take a look at this... this valk player. Dont kno who he is,, kinda dont care. But his PSr is 880 sumthing.. or 660 sumthing, still not important. What is important is that in the very first round he lost to IAD allecan..... im sorry but IAD allecan isnt that strong. Yet this valk lose to it,, yet he knows how to play fight.. Well then again maybe its the whole idea of fighting carl that you may not understand. What me(& im assuming JG) were trying to say is that even tho the japs are good(Execution, reaction, & anticipation) they lose to some of the most simplest of carl tactics.

All this carl player had to do was catch him, and he lose to some of the most simplest of mixup game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NXtwz9VHeM&context=C3d1917fADOEgsToPDskKm1kTiv6Z99SAVLg6u4p-p

He may have won yes, but he made sure not to get caught by carl again. But thats all,, still a good fight tho. But its simple things like this that usually will kill a jap. An Dio does kno the matchups like the back of his hand so i can see why people would consider him godlike, but his offensive skill could use a little touch up, thats all im saying cause nigs lose to some free @ss carl tactics.

Lol kinda of topic here but take a look at this... this valk player. Dont kno who he is,, kinda dont care. But his PSr is 880 sumthing.. or 660 sumthing, still not important. What is important is that in the very first round he lost to IAD allecan..... im sorry but IAD allecan isnt that strong. Yet this valk lose to it,, yet he knows how to play fight.. Well then again maybe its the whole idea of fighting carl that you may not understand. What me(& im assuming JG) were trying to say is that even tho the japs are good(Execution, reaction, & anticipation) they lose to some of the most simplest of carl tactics.

All this carl player had to do was catch him, and he lose to some of the most simplest of mixup game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NXtwz9VHeM&context=C3d1917fADOEgsToPDskKm1kTiv6Z99SAVLg6u4p-p

He may have won yes, but he made sure not to get caught by carl again. But thats all,, still a good fight tho. But its simple things like this that usually will kill a jap. An Dio does kno the matchups like the back of his hand so i can see why people would consider him godlike, but his offensive skill could use a little touch up, thats all im saying cause nigs lose to some free @ss carl tactics.

You guys are realizing this now?

Its simple things like this that can kill an American player here too. IAD allecan is one of the best mix-up tools carls has, so I can't really say that the japanese are losing to Derp. Yes it is simple, but the opponent would have to react quickly to it, and yes I know that

the japanese have superior reaction skills

Plus, interrupting a block string for an allecan is pretty difficult to see predict, especially with all Dem meter gains

I know what you guys are saying, buy you have to give the japs a benefit of the doubt; Caruru is the mix up master, his simple tactics appear to e gdlk.

also in America, people think it's ok to mash low jabs like all Carl players will vivace out of everything ... IAD makes them free(simply put)

Simple tactics from a Carl have a great reward, whether it be IAD Allecan, dash-grettos, and naked 4Ds, so I'm going to defend these

@ss carl tactics
:eng101:

I've seen 4k Midscreen from a grab, lemme see if I can find it again and get the notes lol. As I recall it took a good chunk of nirvana meter though.

you get 50+ meter from a full blown grab combo for around 3.6k, if you add the 214214d after it, its 4k+

if you grab them in NOC, then its almost 5k

You guys are realizing this now?

Its simple things like this that can kill an American player here too. IAD allecan is one of the best mix-up tools carls has, so I can't really say that the japanese are losing to Derp. Yes it is simple, but the opponent would have to react quickly to it, and yes I know that

the japanese have superior reaction skills

Plus, interrupting a block string for an allecan is pretty difficult to see predict, especially with all Dem meter gains

I know what you guys are saying, buy you have to give the japs a benefit of the doubt; Caruru is the mix up master, his simple tactics appear to e gdlk.

also in America, people think it's ok to mash low jabs like all Carl players will vivace out of everything ... IAD makes them free(simply put)

Simple tactics from a Carl have a great reward, whether it be IAD Allecan, dash-grettos, and naked 4Ds, so I'm going to defend these

:eng101:

Lol im not sure who you are playing but IAD j2c-allecan is useless,, when i fight Lostsoul and i do it...... not only does he IB it but there is a 80% chance that a 720 is coming after it.. Same with SKD, LK, Gio, & a few others... not to be mean but it is kinda not legit. Recently i have found it useless when im fighting top players, so i kinda removed it from my arsenal unless im playing people who are below SkD, & Lk's skill.

An based on what you just said the japs get hit with it often,, and if they do block it its free mix-up. So either one of two things are happening here, A the japs are not as good as we think(Im picking this option cause im a conceited American), or the japs are free to carl(which was my original thinking).. because if someone is IB'ing IAD j2c-allecan doing it will get you killed,, and this if from first hand experience. You are safe yes but be careful,, cause someone who knows what they doing can fuck you up.

With all due respect Akira, perhaps it's your play style that is being preempted and not IAD allecan itself? People who I play with on a regular basis are much harder to mix up than those who i Don't, period. This is going to apply to everyone.

With all due respect Akira, perhaps it's your play style that is being preempted and not IAD allecan itself? People who I play with on a regular basis are much harder to mix up than those who i Don't, period. This is going to apply to everyone.

^I'm gonna go with that. My friend who I play almost every day will always 6A when I do it, but it's because he's seen my playstyle so often that he knows when I'm gonna go for it. Anyways, I'll drop this, I don't wanna start anything. Just my $0.02

I need to join an Akira Lobby, fight these top players and see if i get similar results

Don't worry Akira you're still loved by all of us , but I don't agree with your perspective on IAD Allecan

i'm going to agree with toasty and rist on this one :cool:

random question: does zoog still play online?

Wait,,,, so none of yall have played lostsoul(vengefulmind), or SKD(Mahouxshoju), or Isuyaru before.. they are all on PSN.. and yes you should join one of my lobbys sometimes,, if your connection is below a 2 i will kick you... step yo net game up boi lol

Nope. I haven't played any of those guys. Granted, I haven't played ranked ever on this account (forgot about that, need to get my trophies later) and I stick to the player rooms of people I know.

Rishtopher,,,, they dont play ranked.. no offence but the only people who are kinda good who play ranked are..... actually i know of no good people who play ranked.. but what do i know iv only played ranked about 30 times so what do i know.. Isu, SKD, TempestDaliha(been offline for almost a month), & lostsoul have all -played ranked,,,, but i dont think any of them played over 1000ranked matches. & Raiza his bang is also good.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the top players play. I just assumed they'd want to up their PSR to show it off. No offence taken lol (why would I take offence to that?). Also, I THINK I may have played SKD and TempestDahlia but it was probably one day that I ran into a random player room. I usually play with my friends. Does SKD play Noel? If so, that might've been him (SuperKawaiiDesu, right??).

Also, I think 1000 ranked is a lot. I haven't even played 1000 player matches on my main account...

Lol its common for a good player to have alot of games,, if you stop and think about it not only do they not lose.. but they also run around the whole room several times,, so within the course of 1hr you can get a good 60games played if you are good because you have ran around the whole room a couple of times.. Also no one playes ranked like that,, its full of laggy ass tagers LMAO

And for some reason people in ranked keep jumping and don't really fight lol

player matches are much better since you don't fight in lag constantly, and you can take out your salt and pour it all over the room

Updated the OP a bit.

Notable changes:

added volante damage buff

fuoco P1 nerf debunked, P2 nerf confirmed

brio proration still the same

j.2C P2 proration still the same

combo rating still the same