Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CSE] Carl Changes and Discussion Thread

The dash-activation, 66~5D, loops into itself and is functionally a wavedash, complete with waving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IekZmwiIb7Y&t=1m0s

Other silly stuff is possible off 66~5D, such as forward dash to backdash (66~5D, 44) and dashing super jump (66~5D, 29). Dash-activation jump into Distortion endows Carl with strange momentum during super flash, not sure if a glitch.

As dumb as that stuff is, I kinda want it to stay in the next iteration just because of how funny that looks.

So I heard that our j.2C kara throw airdash is gone in this version. Was it removed as a result of another change, or was it targeted specifically? I've been a little out of the

loop.

Ex Carl is insane

-Most of his BNBs do up to 3000 dmg (it used to be about 2200)

-A corner combo does almost 4000 dmg WITHOUT a distortion drive

-Ada can survive after a DECENT combo

-This made me so happy *_*

Wavedashing with jab is lols worthy

Almost everything that was a problem was fixed

BUTTTTTTTT

I noticed while doing a challenge in challenge mode(durr) that Jc is harder to connect after 6D

also, Cantabile into 8D has a weird whiff

In the end, it looks like this Version of Carl is certainly the best so far IMO. He has some great tools from CS2 left, and they are just stronger. 2D is going to be in most of his combos and doing j.b >[2D]> jc ]2D[ is easier to perform than it was in CS2

My only concern is 6B. It was the most used pick up move for Carl, so get used to using 5C or 5B

Another thing I wanted to mention was 6C, I'm not getting a ground bounce off of a naked full charge. I wonder if it's just air>6C that leads ti a ground bounce

Other than that, enjoy EX Carl! :D

Im pretty sure that Carl almost from everywhere on the screen can deal 5K, without distorcion and just using an acceptable amount of nirvana meter.

Other than that, enjoy EX Carl! :D

Won't be another week and a half for me until then. :(

Better start learning those new UBs in the meantime~

5C pickup isn't a problem for me, I used it pretty regularly in CS2 actually.

Won't be another week and a half for me until then. :(

Better start learning those new UBs in the meantime~

I feel you, that delay came out of nowhere, I was so hype to pick up my copy before class this morning T__T

Played a few hours of matches last night. Had a good time.

2]D[ has a bounce that's blows further away. Gotta compensate Carl's spacing.

3]D[ has a lil more hitstun, can link an airdash on standing

combos hurt

Nirvana meter is perfect. She can do a few moves, & she can also die.

overall happy w/ Carl.

Also,

Opponent threw me during 8]D[. Nirvana did not deactivate! Will do some testing. Also wanna see if volante still disappears after an air throw... also wanna see if fermata is air UB still...

P

3]D[ has a lil more hitstun, can link an airdash on standing

I'm pretty sure 3D has the same hitstun. I used it with airdash as a mixup tool a lot in CS2 and vs Bang to get the j.A>j.B>j.A>j.2C UB, so I don't think it's changed any.

And I agree Carl seems great so far :]

I'll miss the wave dash (hard getting used to gameplay w/o it lol), but dash-can allegretto's buff makes up for it, as well as the other dash-can shenanigans

Also,

Opponent threw me during 8]D[. Nirvana did not deactivate! Will do some testing. Also wanna see if volante still disappears after an air throw... also wanna see if fermata is air UB still...

Do you remember if Nirvana still had life after that 8D or was she at zero? In CS1+2, if she was at zero life after doing a move, the move would continue regardless of the opponent hitting/throw breaking/doing blockstrings on Carl. Maybe that trick's still in Extend?

That's pretty sweet :O Btw, you should probably post that in the video thread too

Okey, i will post it there.

The only thing that prevent us for being broken is that fermata consume a lot of nirvana gauge... That is a hugee nerf!.

Also, i hate 6B not being jump cancelable.... First banch of matches with Carl and it feel very very weird.

Tager-only string (TG standing):

669j.B, j.2C, j.B, delayed j.C, dj, j.2C, j.B, j.C, \/ ground stuff.

Funny crossup against most talls, standing:

669j.B, j.2C, j.A (whiff), j.B (crossup).

The whiff j.A seems necessary. The gap from j.2C directly to crossup j.B is longer than j.2C, j.A whiff, j.B (i.e .whiffing j.A improves the string).

Carl throw range longer than his 5B?:

66~5D, 6B~C.

Is there a way to beat sledge hamer in Sex with Carl? im starting to get anoyed with that move, speacialy now that we donĀ“t have glide throw.

I see PhaethonH has been messing around with dash kara cancel. It's been annoying me a bit in the lambda matchup now that, with the proper execution, carl has something close to bang 3C, or the fact that I can get 2B'd from a silly length away.