Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CSE] Carl Changes and Discussion Thread

Airgrab x N

Does a ton of damage for no meter. Best combo ever. :cool:

It's an 100 percent combo online. They should really patch that in the next update.

no the alle dashing was for the tao matchup and yea by insane mixup I meant it is hard to block against Hakumen, if you are caught with one overhead you're in orange. And if we try to bait counters.... then they jump out of pressure. But thats my opinion anyway

I want to agree so bad,, however id have to side with JG on this one, tao has amazing mobility & her neautral game is by far the best in the game (IMO) so she can run away for days i fight NeoGio often and the issue isnt how to block or anything defensive... its more like how do i catch this little hoe.

Just how she has almost no hp the same goes for us,, her corner carry combos from a air hitconferm are around 2.7-4.3k (depending on the situation) which is around half are hp not only that she has no fear. Kinda how valk has a way of getting in for free vs us she can to. However valk lacks the ability to return it to neutral Tao brings it back to neutral anytime she feels like it. This matchup if played correctly will end by a time out due to her pressuring you & returning to neutral & you chasing her. All of that waist so much time on the clock.

Even tho i understand your stand point with hakumen,, he is a pain in the ass. IB vivace is almost suicide vs this guy cause he uses several easy to hitconfirm lows in his block strings his counter puts the fear in our hearts mean we gotta come up with some BS @ss pressure just to bait a counter,, but this allows him to jump out for free & his neutral game is actually pretty decent he may not get,,,, oh no this is ex lol he always gets 3k. & if you eat a tk Tsubaki OH or his manual OH they both do ~2k & the combo following them does 6-7k depending on how much meter he has at the start. I would consider them both to be 6-4 but if i had to choose then i would choose Tao. Cause hakumen has to block/counter,,, tao just says fuck you im gone =/ not cool

I want to agree so bad,, however id have to side with JG on this one, tao has amazing mobility & her neautral game is by far the best in the game (IMO) so she can run away for days i fight NeoGio often and the issue isnt how to block or anything defensive... its more like how do i catch this little hoe.

Just how she has almost no hp the same goes for us,, her corner carry combos from a air hitconferm are around 2.7-4.3k (depending on the situation) which is around half are hp not only that she has no fear. Kinda how valk has a way of getting in for free vs us she can to. However valk lacks the ability to return it to neutral Tao brings it back to neutral anytime she feels like it. This matchup if played correctly will end by a time out due to her pressuring you & returning to neutral & you chasing her. All of that waist so much time on the clock.

Even tho i understand your stand point with hakumen,, he is a pain in the ass. IB vivace is almost suicide vs this guy cause he uses several easy to hitconfirm lows in his block strings his counter puts the fear in our hearts mean we gotta come up with some BS @ss pressure just to bait a counter,, but this allows him to jump out for free & his neutral game is actually pretty decent he may not get,,,, oh no this is ex lol he always gets 3k. & if you eat a tk Tsubaki OH or his manual OH they both do ~2k & the combo following them does 6-7k depending on how much meter he has at the start. I would consider them both to be 6-4 but if i had to choose then i would choose Tao. Cause hakumen has to block/counter,,, tao just says fuck you im gone =/ not cool

I agree with you on the Tao side, but i think that Haku is 5.5-4.5. I don't think that Valk is going to turn out so badly for us, only 5-5 because once you hit him is done, is just too easy perform the unblockable loop against him and also, if he have 3/4 of HP with only one UB you kill him.

I have one question, why the j.B + 3]D[ unblockable can be beated by Hakumen D counter? after reading the frame data i notice that the only D counter that start on frame 1 is j.D and that can´t be used in this situation. The other counter moves, at minimum have 4 frames of startup.

Also, you don´t need to use 5]D[ wave dashing for performing the jet jump. You can do it without nirvana, the problem that the time is very stric: 66, dash cancel super jump.

I have one question, why the j.B + 3]D[ unblockable can be beated by Hakumen D counter? after reading the frame data i notice that the only D counter that start on frame 1 is j.D and that can´t be used in this situation. The other counter moves, at minimum have 4 frames of startup.

I dunno which frame data you're reading out of but the charts on the wiki say that Haku's 2D (and 6D) also start from frame 1. Then again, the mook could be wrong on this one.

I dunno which frame data you're reading out of but the charts on the wiki say that Haku's 2D (and 6D) also start from frame 1. Then again, the mook could be wrong on this one.

Oh! you are right, i mistake it with 6D attack. I didn't notice that there was 6D catch also.

I don't know if anyone have notice this, but when you do cantabile and very early 3]D[, end in that the 3]D[ only hit 1 time and send the opponent flying like 2]D[. And you can combo after that.

If you want to try it, just do 5B, 5C, Cantabille, 3]D[. Input the 3]D[ almost at the same time with cantabille, the effect that this produce look funny.

Soo how do u stop people from hitting Ada,,, & i dont mean 5a/2axN im talking about full blown combos =/ anytime i do 5c we trade & i cant get close enough to do 2B without being hit so assistance would be helpful

Soo how do u stop people from hitting Ada,,, & i dont mean 5a/2axN im talking about full blown combos =/ anytime i do 5c we trade & i cant get close enough to do 2B without being hit so assistance would be helpful

ive noticed this too. recently people are starting to become ballsy and attack ada constantly and even attemp to combo her until she runs out of meter. i use 4d and most of the time i will have to follow up with 6A, since the opponent was looking for carl to be vulnulerable without ada, so they will attempt a jump in

i have a question to

why dont people use 6C groundbounce combos more often? i know that it does similar damage to 2d, 4d combos, which are easier... but i think 6C is under rated

Its because fully charged 6c will only combo from 2D or fermata.... its not easy to hit. An also when ppl combo my Ada they have 0 intention of coming after me

I hope it's okay to ask here, I'm having an odd time figuring out the timing on 623C>22D>5C>2D input>j.b>j.c>2D land

What I try to do, is after 5C, I wait until j.b will barely connect after doing 2D input. Since it seems my 2D is coming out too soon and it whiffs. I figure the important part is to 2D and immediately j.b>j.c. The reason I delay it after 5C is to make sure it comes out since sometimes I feel she's stuck in the 22D. If anyone can offer advice, that would be great =] I'm working on 2D starting combo>volante combo>[Corner]Brio

--also I notice carls moving nirvana during 5C, is this my issue? (I don't personally do it, since I get it to connect sometimes)

I hope it's okay to ask here, I'm having an odd time figuring out the timing on 623C>22D>5C>2D input>j.b>j.c>2D land

What I try to do, is after 5C, I wait until j.b will barely connect after doing 2D input. Since it seems my 2D is coming out too soon and it whiffs. I figure the important part is to 2D and immediately j.b>j.c. The reason I delay it after 5C is to make sure it comes out since sometimes I feel she's stuck in the 22D. If anyone can offer advice, that would be great =] I'm working on 2D starting combo>volante combo>[Corner]Brio

--also I notice carls moving nirvana during 5C, is this my issue? (I don't personally do it, since I get it to connect sometimes)

The problem with your input method is that it will cause the 2D to whiff on certain characters for some reason. How I like to do this combo is that I don't delay the j.B at all; I actually release the 2D as I hit j.B and then delay the j.C. The combo transcript would look like this:

[starter], 623C, 22[D], 5C, j.2B+]D[, slight delay, j.C, land, 236B, whatever.

By doing the combo this way, the 2D will hit against every character.

yea I'm having the same problems too. I usually do I.A.D B, or micro 5.C > I.A.D B to get them stop hitting Ada.

Well its a mindset on how to make them remember how you gonna counter them when they hit Ada.

If you're facing those DP character (ex ragna, jin etc), micro 5C and follow up 4D is enough to get them away and get some free 3-4k CH combo.

There's nothing really wrong with pad aside from the fact that it's super awkward when playing someone like Carl. It might just be me, but my pad Carl is awful compared to my stick Carl and he's the only character where there's a notable difference between the two controllers for me.

There's nothing really wrong with pad aside from the fact that it's super awkward when playing someone like Carl. It might just be me, but my pad Carl is awful compared to my stick Carl and he's the only character where there's a notable difference between the two controllers for me.

ah I see, well, its a factor of the players though, before I main carl, I'm using Drive in the O button (i'm playing ps3). but when I decide to drop all my char and put my love to carl, I change my configuration and make the R1 button as the Drive and it really help a lot.

Like doing those aerial combos and moving Ada at the same time <3.

Then again I've tried playing with stick and I sucks real bad T_T. well its just matter of preference.