Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CSE] Carl Changes and Discussion Thread

5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.C, 5B, 5B, j.2C, j.B, j.A, j.B, Jump Cancel, j.A, j.A, j.B +3]D[

I think u mean 66 5B or just 5B instead of 5B 5B

I fixed the other 5B that i listed there, but for doing it you don´t need 66.

UB Setups

Thank you SO much for this. Honestly, I've been having a hard time adjusting to CSE Carl since I've never bothered with optimal combos, I just do what I think is fun. And now nothing I used to do works lol

For me optimal combos were the most fun. CS1 Carl was easily my favorite. Doing volantes and 4D's in one combo were so rewarding.

For me optimal combos were the most fun. CS1 Carl was easily my favorite. Doing volantes and 4D's in one combo were so rewarding.

Naah i preffer SEX Volante and 4]D[ than CS1, because now is way more easy to end it with fermata. In Cs1 the only way to do it, it was with alegretto and 8]D[ double clap shit.

Well, BBSEX Carl is the Carl that more reward give you when you perform an unblockable.

Besides the Tager match up,what other match ups are people having trouble with when using Carl????????????????????????

Besides the Tager match up,what other match ups are people having trouble with when using Carl????????????????????????

Well.. Tager is not a matchup for having problem, the issue here is now you have to play more safely that matchup than in CS2 were 6A prevented Tager for jump it at you.

Hazama seem to be a very hard to beat.

Carl worst matchup are: Hakumen, Taokaka, Mu-12, maybe Jin?.

Well.. Tager is not a matchup for having problem, the issue here is now you have to play more safely that matchup than in CS2 were 6A prevented Tager for jump it at you.

Hazama seem to be a very hard to beat.

Carl worst matchup are: Hakumen, Taokaka, Mu-12, maybe Jin?.

NOPE! I will definitely discuss her last. She is not that hard, but her mix up game is what makes MOST players say she is a bad match up. Once you get used to it though, the match up becomes much happier for you :D!

With that being said, her mobility is one of the best in the game (Personally, I think it's the best) However she has poop defense so one unblockable reset will automatically kill her (exacty why most Tao players will burst as soon as you have ADA involved in a blockstring)

Mu- 12 is understandable

Haku is understandable

Tager is interesting because I find him much more difficult to face online than offline

Haz has actually gotten a slight twist to it

Jin is meh, since he doesn't really do a corner game anymore

I might focus on Haku and Haz next since those two should have a thread by now (I still need to find Bangs for that thread, or you guys can add)

Worst Carl in the world=(

Says the guy who 10-0 me with ease last week, I'll be getting my revenge :arg:

Carl vs Hakumen feels like Tager vs V-13=(

Naah is not that horrible, is true that we dont have our CS2 Haku UB but! we can still put it the situation of the UB loop and alternate 3]D[ with Anima. Also we have to play smart and manage to bait his counter with 2]D[, that way we can hit him very hard with our strongest combo.

NOPE! I will definitely discuss her last. She is not that hard, but her mix up game is what makes MOST players say she is a bad match up. Once you get used to it though, the match up becomes much happier for you :D!

With that being said, her mobility is one of the best in the game (Personally, I think it's the best) However she has poop defense so one unblockable reset will automatically kill her (exacty why most Tao players will burst as soon as you have ADA involved in a blockstring)

Mu- 12 is understandable

Haku is understandable

Tager is interesting because I find him much more difficult to face online than offline

Haz has actually gotten a slight twist to it

Jin is meh, since he doesn't really do a corner game anymore

I might focus on Haku and Haz next since those two should have a thread by now (I still need to find Bangs for that thread, or you guys can add)

Says the guy who 10-0 me with ease last week, I'll be getting my revenge :arg:

Taokaka and Jin were bad matchup for Carl in CS2. Maybe jin isnt one now, but Tao? the true is that maybe Tao is really our worse worst matchup. Just check godgarden when kyaku fought tsujikawa Taokaka. She is the only one that beat all our normals for freen AND whe can´t catch her.

Taokaka and Jin were bad matchup for Carl in CS2. Maybe jin isnt one now, but Tao? the true is that maybe Tao is really our worse worst matchup. Just check godgarden when kyaku fought tsujikawa Taokaka. She is the only one that beat all our normals for freen AND whe can´t catch her.

That match was so close, Kyaku had it! Tsujikawa was godlike though, so I can respect that. I believe that Tao`s our worst matchup for sure. Everyone`s always telling me they`re going to learn Tao to counterpick Carl.

That match was so close, Kyaku had it! Tsujikawa was godlike though, so I can respect that. I believe that Tao`s our worst matchup for sure. Everyone`s always telling me they`re going to learn Tao to counterpick Carl.

Man, I was rooting for Kyaku so hard on that one. Twas' indeed a good match.

As for matchups, I've always felt that Mu was our worst match-up (although I do agree that Tao's still an uphill battle). I find that Mu is one of those matchups where the opponent can already dictate the pace of the match right from the get-go; the only time you'll be getting in on Mu is if she screws up her zoning somewhere. Otherwise, I'd say that Carl will probably lose if the Mu player plays the match-up correctly. The fact that we lost our kara glide really doesn't help us here either.

But I'm just a netplay scrub, what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Worst Carl in the world=(

I saw your vids. Worst Carl in the world my ass.

Man, I was rooting for Kyaku so hard on that one. Twas' indeed a good match.

As for matchups, I've always felt that Mu was our worst match-up (although I do agree that Tao's still an uphill battle). I find that Mu is one of those matchups where the opponent can already dictate the pace of the match right from the get-go; the only time you'll be getting in on Mu is if she screws up her zoning somewhere. Otherwise, I'd say that Carl will probably lose if the Mu player plays the match-up correctly. The fact that we lost our kara glide really doesn't help us here either.

But I'm just a netplay scrub, what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I saw your vids. Worst Carl in the world my ass.

I don´t think that Mu is our worst matchup, maybe is just 6-4? or 5.5-4.5? Why? is true that can be hard to get close to her but in reality this isn't almost impossible as Taokaka. And we know that with only 2 reset we can kill her. Also her normals aren´t as good as Tao so this is more manegeable that the other match up.

The only drawback is, that we can´t do safe Unblockables on her because of his DP. But! we also know that is her only safe option, so we can bait it properly and when that happen is very probably that she would die.

Well i suppose that all Carl players here are net-play scrubs, this also count for me. But i´m happy because now i´m managing to do UB loop and good dmg combos in just one week or more days with this game. Is true that i still don't get used to the new 6B, i hate that change because now i´m forcing to do reset with 5A/2A, 6B stuff and feel very weird.

I miss glide toss, on the plus side i think that Alle~dashing is more easy now, the same goes to Allegretto, 8]D[ Fermata.

I think Hakumen is worse than Tao.... I play XDest a lot in Cs2 and a couple times in Extend. In Cs2... the matchup was hard because you couldn't really rush her down cause Nirvana went down really fast... especially if the Tao was attacking her as well. But in Extend, Nirvana's health seemingly doubled lol so the matchup is dash 623C (Allegreto) 623D(Brio) untill you are close enough for pressure. And if they get hit by it near the corner its an instant 5-7k combo. Hakumen on the other hand can 4c J.C all day, and I don't know if it's online but they seem to mash counter the right time after moves. Normally I would just throw them but they are far away most of the time. Because of Hakumen's counter, I am often too afraid to pressure him.Another thing about this matchup is Hakumen has INSANE mixup. But I came up with a trick for him when carl is in the corner. If the hakumen player tries to overhead me I just roll out. But if they try to bait the roll out I jump *netplay lols* I don't know how effective this strat actually is though D=

I think Hakumen is worse than Tao.... I play XDest a lot in Cs2 and a couple times in Extend. In Cs2... the matchup was hard because you couldn't really rush her down cause Nirvana went down really fast... especially if the Tao was attacking her as well. But in Extend, Nirvana's health seemingly doubled lol so the matchup is dash 623C (Allegreto) 623D(Brio) untill you are close enough for pressure. And if they get hit by it near the corner its an instant 5-7k combo. Hakumen on the other hand can 4c J.C all day, and I don't know if it's online but they seem to mash counter the right time after moves. Normally I would just throw them but they are far away most of the time. Because of Hakumen's counter, I am often too afraid to pressure him.Another thing about this matchup is Hakumen has INSANE mixup. But I came up with a trick for him when carl is in the corner. If the hakumen player tries to overhead me I just roll out. But if they try to bait the roll out I jump *netplay lols* I don't know how effective this strat actually is though D=

Hakumen insane mixup? are you sure about that? Hakumen was never a char with good mixup. He have great poking, amazing dmg and good spacing but mixup? im not so sure. Is true that on netplay all hakus tend to mash counter, ours only hope is trying to bait it and be able to punish it.

Im not so sure, but alle dashing can beat counter moves? if that so, doing alle dashing with volante could be a good idea in this matchup. Maybe in the future jap player develop a UB for hakumen.

I still believe that Taokaka is the worst matchup.

no the alle dashing was for the tao matchup and yea by insane mixup I meant it is hard to block against Hakumen, if you are caught with one overhead you're in orange. And if we try to bait counters.... then they jump out of pressure. But thats my opinion anyway

What do you guys find to be the best combo to do after a corner wall bounce Brio? I feel like my understanding of Carl Extend corner combos will reach Nirvana upon finding the answer.

Budum-tush! :v:

What do you guys find to be the best combo to do after a corner wall bounce Brio? I feel like my understanding of Carl Extend corner combos will reach Nirvana upon finding the answer.

Budum-tush! :v:

Well that depend on where is Nirvana. I usually do this after Brio with wallbounce:

5C, j.B, j2.C, j.B, j.B, j.C 421]D[ (Volante), land, 5C, j.B, j2.C, j.B, j.B, j.C, 2]D[, land, j2.C, 214C (Allegretto), 8]D[, 214214]D[ (Fermata). Total Dmg 5311.

If Nirvana is more close to the corner you could try this:

623]D[ (Brio), 5C, j.B, j.B, j.C, 421]D[ (Volante), land, j2.C~Allecancel, 5C, j.C, 4]D[, land, 7j2.C, j.B, j.C, 6]D[, j.B, j2.C, j.B, j.B, j2.C, 214214 (Fermata). Total dmg: 5386

As you see, the last combo just deal a little more dmg and for this reason it doesn't worth it because of the execution.

Plz, help against Hazama. Im getting tired of his fuck up normal. All of them beat for free Carl normals.

I don't know what to do against a good Hazama, but I never trying to approach him on the ground where I always lose to his normals. I stay near Ada and try to get him hit with a Brio, 8D or 4D and confirm off of those.

Basically, try to get him hit by Ada and then confirm. I'm sure someone else can give you better advice though lol.

Plz, help against Hazama. Im getting tired of his fuck up normal. All of them beat for free Carl normals.

What do you mean? Hazama's normals for the most part have no reach and 3C can be hopped over. Also remember you can cancel ur dash now to give a little extra range.

As for his D... yeah, Nirvana's probably your best bet. Dash Allegretto covers a hell lot of ground so if you think he's gonna throw out an incorrect D while he's fishing for hits, you always have this handy. It's pretty fast.

Doing 3 brios in a row is also sexy

That is just a waste of Nirvana meter and dmg.

That is just a waste of Nirvana meter and dmg.

not when you end a match that way