Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CSE] Carl Changes and Discussion Thread

No he's saying that in past versions Nirvana didn't stop with fermata either. If Carl is hit after activating fermata that fist was still gonna hit someone in the jaw. Are you sure you've seen her stop?

Hmm i think i know what you are talking about,, if you hit Nirvana while she is doing fermata she does stop. But it was carl who got hit,, so she kept going. An in your memory you remember nirvana getting hit then stopping so your probably getting the two confused

Hmmm. Either way. I'm still loving all the recent Carl footage.

Love the knock down > fuoco corner mix up. The not-pushing them into the air thing is really pretty neat

D: !!!!!! WTF!

Why is the Carl forum so outdated???!?!

I swear I am going to update everything after this finals week (which is killing me!!!!!!!!!!)

YOU GUYS ARE SO *@&@(@ LAZY!!!!!

bye-bye

Huh,, what do you mean outdated. We are on top with the most stuff,, except the matchup thread.. Beacause everything is the same as CT catch them and then kill them, or have you not seen isuyaru play before

D: !!!!!! WTF!

Why is the Carl forum so outdated???!?!

I swear I am going to update everything after this finals week (which is killing me!!!!!!!!!!)

YOU GUYS ARE SO *@&@(@ LAZY!!!!!

bye-bye

Which part of the forum are you talking about? I take it you mean the video thread? You can just check AutonomousR's channel for the actual updates. Still, he doesn't repost the matches that quickly, so just subscribe to Jourdal and/or Pktazn on YT.

Well, i really think we are a little bit outdated with Carl info in relation to BBSEX. Is interesting to see that now Carl combos are really long, more execution yay! :gonk:

Im happy to see that from cantabille is very probable that we can deal above 5K, in Cs2 with luck from a cantabille you could aim for 4k, the other thing that make me happy is that now we can combine all Nirvana moves into juggle combos, and example of that is on sex we can do thing like j.C, 6]D[, wallbounce, continue. This improve a lot our combos in corner because we can use more moves and that way improve our Nirvana proration.

I only have one doubt, if we do j.C, 3]D[ the opp can roll after 3]D[? if not, we could still do 8]D[, 3]D[, full charged 6C UB.

Still, i will mis being able to jump cancel from 6B, i lika that move.

Wait, 6B isn't jump cancelled anymoar?

WHY GOD WHY? HOW I MIX UP TAGERS NAO?

Pff.. that is nothing. I use the jump cancel for doing the j2.C allecan loop on corner.... T_T

The 2D change doesn't look like a nerf...at all. Now it is more of a combo tool(not saying that it wasn't before) than a combo starter, like it was changed to give Carl easier and better corner carry. Actually his changes seems like they were made to give him a better corner carry, looks like Carl midscreen is a bit weaker now.

But what am I saying I don't play Carl anyways so I could just have posted something wrong, sorry if I did. Also, it's missing the 6B change in the list, Akira.

The 2D change doesn't look like a nerf...at all. Now it is more of a combo tool(not saying that it wasn't before) than a combo starter, like it was changed to give Carl easier and better corner carry. Actually his changes seems like they were made to give him a better corner carry, looks like Carl midscreen is a bit weaker now.

But what am I saying I don't play Carl anyways so I could just have posted something wrong, sorry if I did. Also, it's missing the 6B change in the list, Akira.

2]D[ is worse now, because even the old 2]D[ could do the same work in corner than this 2]D[.

The problem with this 2]D[ is that now is more harder to continue the combo after a reset with that move. The old 2]D[ was really good in that sense and, the reason, is that you were able to do stuff like 2]D[ vivance A, vivance A crossup.

I have access to BBCSEX nearby tonight; I also have a recording rig. Taking requests for specific tests/footages for tonight (7p-11p PST (3a-7a UTC)).

I actually don't think the 2D change is as bad as you make it out to be. Carl's dash is now much longer si he can hop farther with the bounce. I've also seen people pick up 4D off of it with a j.c knock-into-it. It looks harder but still perfectly doable.

I would like to see,, Midscreen 5b>6b>22d>623c>5c>(4D)>jb>66>665C>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>8Jb>jc>jb>j2c>jb>jb>Jc>8D>fermata

ಠ_ಠ

I want to see if floorbot-5C- J.b- J.2C- J.b- J.c 9J.a-J.2C-J.b-J.c-Allgretto still works on Tager and Hakumen and maybe Relius.

I couldn't get the last j.2C to connect -- Tager wound up *just* out of range. Maybe I was doing the j.C 9 j.A jump cancel too early, or maybe mashing into j.B j.2C too quickly.

weeee played some EX carl

do I just suck or does Carl's zoning game seem to have gotten worse?

between 4D not breaking primers anymore (no fear of blocking) and Nirvana taking forever to start recovering + nerfed recover speed, it doesnt seem like she should be sent out there to poke your opponent anymore. Everytime I poke someone with 4D/6D/623D she loses half her life XD

combos are still fun so its all good tho =)

also ironic how I quit Carl in CS2 because of unblockables, and now I'm trying to learn how to do unblockables with the 623C RC setup lol