Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sol-Bumguy

Seasons Beatings: Velocity GGXXAC & BBCS2 Results & Shout outs

Ky-Sama and I truly thank EVERYONE who was able to make it out to SB and enter the GG side tournaments. I know the turn outs were small, due to many people not being able to make it and/or waiting for NEC, and others being in pools or going home early, but at least the tournaments started and finished fairly smoothly...Also hope everyone enjoyed playing and watching casuals <3

Guilty Gear XX: AC (singles) :

1: Jan (PO)

2: Kyle (MA)

3: MarlinPie (ED, SL)

4: Abare-Ky (ED, KY)

5: Nives (SO)

5: Raph (BA)

7: Kamui Moon (OR)

7: Koogy (SL, SO)

9: MacArthurBlunts (SL)

9: Holy Order-Troll (OR, PO)

9: Mike Napalm (AB)

9: Doragonkoroshi (TE)

13: Amadeous (JA)

13: Mr Two (MI)

13: Astral (AN)

13: Achtzehn (PO)

17: BlueNine

17: Koopa_Klawz

17: St1ckBuG

Guilty Gear XX: AC (teams) :

1: F This Team - MarlinPie & Flash (ED/JA)

2: Team We Suck - BlueNINE & Jan (MA/PO)

3: Team Troll - Abare-Ky & Holy Order-Troll (ED/OR)

4: Kamui+Bobby (OR/KY)

5: Leonil

5: Achtzehn+Mike Napalm

7: St1ckbug

Thanks again to those who helped (Mike Napalm, Astral, Doragon Koroshi, Nives, Kyle, etc) and the top placers+The Seasons Beatings STAFF<3 Shout outs later....tired...

BTW, Ky-Sama will be posting the bracket and uploading the singles matches+finals to her Youtube channel, as soon as we fix our computer (which died before SB)...BB results/videos should be posted soon, as well.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but can I request my name be spelled improperly in the vids? Yes I know there's not actually an 'o' in Amadeus, but that's just how it's always been in my GamerTag.

Anyway, shoutouts to the twins for keeping GG alive at SB.

Shoutouts to Guilty Gear for being an awesome game.

Shoutouts to MacArthur Blunts, Nives, SH_, and anyone else who didn't get bored beating my scrub ass in casuals.

Shoutouts to anyone else I played and letting me know just how fun offline GG really is.

Shoutouts to MarlinPie for, despite being rusty and just getting done with MvC3, still made me go super sayain just to try and keep up.

and finally, shoutouts to Jam for being loud enough to hear over the rest of the room. WHOOOTCHAAAAAAAA~!

Koogy also played Sol.

Abare-Ky-Sama did really well in tournament. As with last time, I wanted to play Ky/Eddie more. Did you switch vs Mr. Two because I yelled that he knows that matchup? Do you always switch characters if you lose a match or not? I wasn't paying attention.

Bumguy+Ky did well in teams. If I had been sure this was going to materialize I probably would have stayed for Sunday. Thanks to the both of yaz for making the trip, running games, playing games, etc. If you fix your computer, you can play Vampire on it. How did you do in Marvel?

How did Stickbug place without being there? I want to do that in the future.

DeOus, good meeting you IRL, but I don't think we played IRL. You're so pedantic. GG is the best game. I'm glad you are playing it. Play Vampire too it's fun.

Nives, your Sol is a boss.

Eric, move to Cincy.

<--- Salt

I missed singles, I'mma be ready next time. Can anyone make it up to Michigan if i put on a GG side tourney at Michigan Masters?

Awesome, thanks so much for organizing this!

BTW, Ky-Sama will be posting the bracket and uploading the singles matches+finals to her Youtube channel, as soon as we fix our computer (which died before SB)...BB results/videos should be posted soon, as well.

Can you post the link to the channel, thanks!

<--- Salt

I missed singles, I'mma be ready next time. Can anyone make it up to Michigan if i put on a GG side tourney at Michigan Masters?

possibly.

i hate shoutouts, but shoutouts to gg and anyone that played

Late shout outs FTW...

SB staff: Thank you guys SO MUCH for allowing us to run GG and for helping us in so many ways...The wonderful organizers, unlimited hype and the enviroment are some of the biggest reasons why SB's is one of my favourite tournament series'...You guys are great <3

Astral: Thanks a lot for helping set up GG, finding people and more. Also, GG's as well^_^

Mac: GG's in GG and thanks a lot for ENTERTAINING EVERYONE with your fantastic Slayer gameplay. We know you are rusty, but we tried to record as many matches as possible, and will upload them if you are fine with that. It was nice to formally meet you as well <3

Doragon Koroshi: GG's on Saturday, sorry if I seemed irritated and played recklessly... Your Testament truly leveled up and I love the hot IAD combos <3 Wish we could have played more. As for MvC3, we do not really play that often (only started taking it spomewhat seriously 1 month ago), but have been playing it more than GG (for a month). Got DQed, raped in most casual matches, then was put in a pool with mostly top players/killers; played OMGitzAndre first round, then lost to a Zero/Mags player or something, LOL... Teams was not much better, but teamed up with Nive's awesome Zero Team <3

Leonil: GG's in casuals and during the tournament. I hope I helped with the match-up, even though I had half a brain during the entire weekend (too many bad things happened on Thursday/Friday). Your Ky is VERY solid-- you are one of the few US Ky players who consistantly use the 6K FRC SE combo, just learn more match-ups and strengthen that defense <3 Nice meeting you, as well...Sorry your partner had to go home...

Kyle: Nice seeing you again...It is a shame that we never got the chance to play, but we had nice conversations-- too bad you left before teams started. Take care...

Nives It was great to finally meet the famous US Sol player-- I would have loved to play you...You helped me so much with Sol, and thanks for teaming up with us in MvC3 teams <3

Mike Napalm: Thanks SO MUCH for helping with the tournament, and being helpful in general... You are a very nice guy, and sorry you had to be counter-picked; my sister mains Eddie, so yes :( Your ABA has lots of potential and glad BB teams+singles happened and finished well.

Shoutouts to Phoenix vs Phoenix 3: Whoever Wins, We Lose

Truth.

Raph: GG's during singles, and nice meeting you...Your Bacon is TOO STRONG <3

St1ckBug: GG's, you did well, especially during teams-- your matches Vs. Flash and evryone else were close!

Everyone else: Kamui (sorry about the discouraging stick troubles and excessive mashing, and GG's), Paul (Your Dizzy leveled-up up, too bad my stick killed the set), Jan, BlueNINE (IKing me during teams? Jerk J/K), etc. It would have been nice if GG had a better turn-out, but there were so many quality players (pretty much everyone).

Shout outs to being FREE in MvC3

Shout outs to being DQed in MvC3

Shout outs to not eating at Canes

Shout outs to 100 degree AZ weather

Shout outs to Fugee's daughter being adorable

Shout outs to GG-- long live GG <3

Also, Amadeous, sorry about misspelling, fixed now ^_^ Shoutouts to Phoenix vs Phoenix 3: Whoever Wins, We Lose

Doragon Koroshi: GG's on Saturday, sorry if I seemed irritated and played recklessly... Your Testament truly leveled up and I love the hot IAD combos <3 Wish we could have played more. As for MvC3, we do not really play that often (only started taking it spomewhat seriously 1 month ago), but have been playing it more than GG (for a month). Got DQed, raped in most casual matches, then was put in a pool with mostly top players/killers; played OMGitzAndre first round, then lost to a Zero/Mags player or something, LOL... Teams was not much better, but teamed up with Nive's awesome Zero Team <3

You got DQed from casuals? Sorry to hear. The game's about to change though so have fun with Ultimate. Thanks for the complements on the Testament. If I looked any better than last year, it's most likely from nobody playing anymore and Testament being easy mode.

St1ckBug:

Wasn't there. You're thinking of someone else, or you're trolling much harder than I've ever seen it done before.

Leonil! I probably can't go to Michigan.

Lol LK signed up as St1ckBuG.

I dont remember the full results, but I know top 3 in BB singles was:

LK

ShadowRedZero

Jan

I just got done uploading the videos I recorded on my phone of losers finals and grand finals. The videos can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM5c91sLKTM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yDVXXAKfIA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM5c91sLKTM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaPqjPjXrPU

I just got done uploading the videos I recorded on my phone of losers finals and grand finals. The videos can be found here:

Dang, decent vid quality. I forgot my cell phone wall outlet charger, need to remember it for next tourny to do this.

I had too much fun. Missing gg. High five to the twins, keeping it afloat. Congrats on placing 4th. :)

Dang, decent vid quality. I forgot my cell phone wall outlet charger, need to remember it for next tourny to do this.

iPhone 4 has a pretty sweet camera as far as quality goes for a phone. Lol.

Late shoutouts....

GG's to everyone I played in GG and MvC3..... I will edit this post with more in depth shoutouts alittle later.... I will also post the links to the vids, as soon as I fix my desktop computer...!

Sorry it's taking so long...