Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TGS

Evolution 2012: July 6-8 @ Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas NV!

In case you haven't heard yet, Evolution 2012 has been announced this past week. It will be from July 6-8, 2012 and will be returning to Caesar's Palace, where Evolution 2010 was held at. Main game lineup confirmed to have Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition Version 2012, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, Soul Calibur 5, King of Fighters XIII, and Street Fighter x Tekken. Sucks that there's no BlazBlue or Skullgirls, but at least you guys can throw a side tourney for it and not have to pay large venue fees and run under a tight schedule.

Anyways use this thread to get hype, set up side tourneys, or plan Vegas stuff to do. This post will be updated with side tournament info once people set shit up.

Out of curiosity...what does it take to enter EVO? I have a group of 3 other people who want to go. 2 play SF and then me and another friend play BB...I'm not very good yet but I am getting better....

Have fun.

Not going.

I'm with you dude, I was mad salty when I saw that Blazblue is not on the lineup. Now I have a reason not to watch Blazblue on the stream or attend the event this year. It's a shame because me and a couple of friends were planning on going to Evo this year to attend and participate in the BB tournament.

Well, was planning on going, not anymore. Guess I'll have to figure out something else to do that week I have off.

Have fun.

Not going.

Yo, you should start an international Mega Team-St1ckBuG tournament series that runs the exact same day as EVO, run it in a venue right next to EVO's venue, and put up a giant sign facing EVO's venue saying: "TSB Mega Tournament: Where the real games at.( P.S. Fuck you EVO.)" in English and Japanese, along with a picture of an anime schoolgirl with guns. Then run all the good games: GG, BB, MB, VS, KOFXIII (I know the other place is gonna have it, so you better have something mexicans will like. mexican food probably), SG (demo, or actual game if it's out by then) GVGEXVS (Gundam game). You'd need to get tourney sponsors though, and have mad cash prizes. Also invite the good Japanese players (all games) you met in Japan over.

OK gonna be serious now.

It's a shame they decided to not run BB. Even though last year's EVO BB didn't get many entrants, the hype top 8 and finals got the attention of many BB players who didn't attend, and made them want to attend. Heck it showed Japan that there are people who are not Japanese who can compete against them toe-to-toe. Last year's EVO was like planting a small seed in fertile soil, it's gonna grow if they gave it a chance to. Oh well.

Woke up to some extra bullshit on SRK. I was saving hella money to go to EVO this year just to play Blazblue, now I guess I will watch the stream.

Guys, for serious - you have even *more* reason to go, now - it's going to be cheaper.

Just need to make sure enough equipment is brought so the setup is proper. Sorry I can't help ya here.

PS: oh my god that avvy...

Guys, for serious - you have even *more* reason to go, now - it's going to be cheaper.

Just need to make sure enough equipment is brought so the setup is proper. Sorry I can't help ya here.

PS: oh my god that avvy...

QTF

Want to show MR. Wizard he made mistake. Show up and have a huge fucking side tournament. Bring that hype to the game. Show them this community is big and is willing to travel. Or you can bitch out and prove them right that we don't support our game. Aksys games has shown tremendous support for the game, now its our turn to do the same. Get your asses out to Evo and run that shit back!

So, is there no venue entry fee if you're not competing in a chosen game? Would be nice to save myself some extra cash.

Evo is free unless you're competing. iirc

Evo is free unless you're competing. iirc

Correct. No fee if spectating or doing the BYOC area.