Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rishtopher

[CS2-CSE] Carl Clover General Discussion - Shota Shorts Edition

Awesome! Can I add you? Also, do you happen to speak French? Just curious, I like your PSN name, btw :P

Sure! I'll get on this weekend to confirm. I don't speak French unfortunately, but my friend and I decided to have matching PSN accounts years ago, and Bienveillant/Malveillant was one of the fewest pairings left that we could use. I do like the French language though, I wish to learn it eventually. :)

Sure! I'll get on this weekend to confirm. I don't speak French unfortunately, but my friend and I decided to have matching PSN accounts years ago, and Bienveillant/Malveillant was one of the fewest pairings left that we could use. I do like the French language though, I wish to learn it eventually. :)

Just added you :P I wish I thought of having matching names, that's actually pretty sweet! Yeah man, learn as many languages as you can, it'll come in handy!

Just added you :P I wish I thought of having matching names, that's actually pretty sweet! Yeah man, learn as many languages as you can, it'll come in handy!

Matching names are awesome! It's really hard to find anything that's NOT taken on PSN though...

I'm bilingual now, but I wish to become fluent in Spanish and Japanese before I'm done with college. ^^

^ NO WAY!!!!!!!!!

I had the same goal

unfortunately I ended up dropping japanese, but I have the rosetta stone for it (even though its not really helping, or maybe I'm using it wrong) and college is in September :(

Matching names are awesome! It's really hard to find anything that's NOT taken on PSN though...

I'm bilingual now, but I wish to become fluent in Spanish and Japanese before I'm done with college. ^^

That's true :\ I wanted something in Latin for my PSN and all the good names were taken >:C I ended up settling for Atramentarium just because it holds a personal significance, but to everyone else, it just means "inkpot" lol.

Also, I'm taking Japanese in the summer for my elective :P I might take Linguistics for my other, but Spanish is a potential choice since it's my friend's first language and if I learn it, I can talk to him a bit more. I think having to speak and write English makes him kind of nervous.

I'm bilingual in English and French, but I don't like to speak French because I have an accent when I speak it and people from Quebec hate people who can't speak it perfectly :X

I was just on it. Everybody is playing extend

I want CSX, just not enough to import :\ I don't think many people on PSN imported, I can find games pretty easily.

^ NO WAY!!!!!!!!!

I had the same goal

unfortunately I ended up dropping japanese, but I have the rosetta stone for it (even though its not really helping, or maybe I'm using it wrong) and college is in September :(

I have RS for Japanese AND Spanish and... it doesn't seem too terribly useful for me. :psyduck: Maybe it's because I'm too used to traditional way of learning things so this more "natural" approach that RS uses seems too foreign for me... But I think you should definitely keep trying!

That's true :\ I wanted something in Latin for my PSN and all the good names were taken >:C I ended up settling for Atramentarium just because it holds a personal significance, but to everyone else, it just means "inkpot" lol.

Also, I'm taking Japanese in the summer for my elective :P I might take Linguistics for my other, but Spanish is a potential choice since it's my friend's first language and if I learn it, I can talk to him a bit more. I think having to speak and write English makes him kind of nervous.

I'm bilingual in English and French, but I don't like to speak French because I have an accent when I speak it and people from Quebec hate people who can't speak it perfectly :X

Latin names are awesome! I briefly made a group named Renascibilitas online but it never became too popular because no one could spell it and... the group really had no purpose or goals. :v: Most personal significant words tend to be mundane to most people I think. For example, I avoid using the phrase "I don't care." I always try my best to say "I don't mind." instead since they mean the same thing (at least to me). But to most people, they probably... don't care. :eng101:

You should definitely take Spanish at school! I can kinda understand how your friend feels since English is my second language as well. While I don't really feel nervous using it anymore, using my native language does make me feel more comfortable and relaxed. Besides, Spanish is still one of the most practical languages of the world.

French is really hard to pronounce, right? I have a friend who's fluent in French and English (English is his second language, learned it from playing video games) and his English accent is really adorable. Never heard anything like it. Probably because he learned English from video games. :toot:

Latin names are awesome! I briefly made a group named Renascibilitas online but it never became too popular because no one could spell it and... the group really had no purpose or goals. :v: Most personal significant words tend to be mundane to most people I think. For example, I avoid using the phrase "I don't care." I always try my best to say "I don't mind." instead since they mean the same thing (at least to me). But to most people, they probably... don't care. :eng101:

You should definitely take Spanish at school! I can kinda understand how your friend feels since English is my second language as well. While I don't really feel nervous using it anymore, using my native language does make me feel more comfortable and relaxed. Besides, Spanish is still one of the most practical languages of the world.

French is really hard to pronounce, right? I have a friend who's fluent in French and English (English is his second language, learned it from playing video games) and his English accent is really adorable. Never heard anything like it. Probably because he learned English from video games. :toot:

What kind of group did you make the name for? Was it for an online game? Hmm, I know where you're coming from when you say "I don't mind". That's probably something that I should say too. "I don't mind" seems like it has a more positive connotation to it than "I don't care".

Yeah, I heard that Spanish, German and Mandarin are really good international languages to learn. I'd probably learn Spanish first, since it'll be the easiest for me to pick up I think.

Hmmm, I wouldn't say that it's hard to pronounce since I grew up with it, but it's hard to have a natural sounding accent unless you speak it all the time. I've spoken it since I was a kid, but I hadn't had to speak to French people until I was an adult. It's very easy to understand (except when people have REALLY heavy accents), but speaking it convincingly to another French person is just something I can't do lol. Even if I did have a great French accent, it would be Franco-Ontarian, which apparently sounds horrible to people from Quebec and maybe worse to people from France xD

That's really cool that he learned from video games though o.o I've picked up Japanese phrases and stuff from watching anime, but I haven't learned anything to form a coherent sentence lol. Speaking of which, I heard the summer Japanese course at my school is so hard that it's worth double the normal amount of credits :D

Also, you've gotten me curious, what is your first language, if you don't mind me asking?

What kind of group did you make the name for? Was it for an online game? Hmm, I know where you're coming from when you say "I don't mind". That's probably something that I should say too. "I don't mind" seems like it has a more positive connotation to it than "I don't care".

Yeah, I heard that Spanish, German and Mandarin are really good international languages to learn. I'd probably learn Spanish first, since it'll be the easiest for me to pick up I think.

Hmmm, I wouldn't say that it's hard to pronounce since I grew up with it, but it's hard to have a natural sounding accent unless you speak it all the time. I've spoken it since I was a kid, but I hadn't had to speak to French people until I was an adult. It's very easy to understand (except when people have REALLY heavy accents), but speaking it convincingly to another French person is just something I can't do lol. Even if I did have a great French accent, it would be Franco-Ontarian, which apparently sounds horrible to people from Quebec and maybe worse to people from France xD

That's really cool that he learned from video games though o.o I've picked up Japanese phrases and stuff from watching anime, but I haven't learned anything to form a coherent sentence lol. Speaking of which, I heard the summer Japanese course at my school is so hard that it's worth double the normal amount of credits :D

Also, you've gotten me curious, what is your first language, if you don't mind me asking?

An online game that was dying out. I might need to start using "I don't care." instead of "I don't mind." more often though. It seems that as I get older, people tend to take "I don't mind." as an invitation for them to keep going on and on about their lives.

I mean, I love listening to people, but sometimes I just don't... care. :v:

German is another language I want to try learning. But I want to be fluent in Spanish and Japanese before moving onto something else. But you're still fluent in French, right? Like, you can read/write it perfectly? And as long as they can understand what you're saying and you understand what they're saying, things are good? Would you prefer to speak French the French way then?

I have an Asian friend who can speak fluent Castilian Spanish. He told me that people who use Mexican Spanish tell him that he sounds condescending and royal. :eng101:

I learned Japanese the same way! Actually, since my native language is Korean (which is similar to Japanese in many ways), it wasn't too hard for me to get used to nuances and quirks (sentence structures, uses of honorifics, cultural similarities, etc.) of the language, although I still don't understand most words. :psyduck: Most summer courses tend to be harder than fall or spring courses since the same amount of material is covered in a shorter amount of time. But getting a lot of credits is good, I'm trying to graduate in three years myself since my tuition is... really expensive. :vbang:

Does anybody in America even play Carl anymore?

I'm the only Carl player I know in my entire city, but then again, I'm in Canada and I only know 4 IRL people who play BB. Also, they stopped playing when they heard about CS2 :V

That's funny since CS2 is far superior to it's predecessors.

That's funny since CS2 is far superior to it's predecessors.

Yo, I discussed this with people man.

It the better a game seems to get, the less people play it.

The reason why most of us didn't play CS2 carl is because he is a 1 trick pony. 2A/5A hitconfirm into loop was fun in CT, but after playing CS1 carl, that $#!t got old fast in CS2. It has nothing to do with the game. Carl is boring as hell in CS2.

What about CSE Carl, there is a new BB out...

What about CSE Carl, there is a new BB out...

EX carl is back to his CS1 roots. The loop still exist, but you can actually play him without it. Trying to play carl without the loop in CS2 against good opponents just doesn't fly. That was the problem, you didn't have a choice. It was loop or nothing.

Most of us who left seem to be returning. Zong is still MIA, lol even our MOD doesn't care. I'm making the CSEX reset/strat thread again, and hopefully people can start talking about carl stuff like we did in CS1. Lol, assuming most of them didn't drop BB for good once they dropped carl. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. They might finally come out of the shadows when EX hits the US/EU.

It doesn't help that there aren't that many carl players to begin with who are active on this board. CS2 made things worse. That's why the carl forum almost seems dead :/.

Yeah Carl is easily one of my favorite fighting games characters (from a gameplay standpoint I mean. I hate his character design). But CS2 carl was not fun, even though I laughed whenever I got somebody in his loop. My friend who has a PS3 and bought the japanese version of EX brought EX to a gathering and man do I love Carl again. I'm pumped for EX.

lol, my CS2 Carl really just consists of running around like a gremlin > combo into sandwich > pressure/resets > repeat. The loop is pretty much untouched. I really only deal like 2-3k per combo. Though honestly, I just feel like I only fight people that don't know really know how to handle Carl. :/

Full disclosure: I pretty much only play with 3 other people and none of them are good at dealing with Carl. I've never had to learn the loop. I play pretty much just like you njmamm lol. I also really like to confirm into air combo at every opportunity for some reason.

Most of the people I knew who played BB (IRL and offline) stopped playing when CS2 was announced because they thought it was too soon and whatnot. I can't even get my IRL friends to try it because they all hate [losing to] Carl (they're Hakumen/Tager mains).

I agree, but they were all like "OMFG BAHLINCYN AHREHDY?? >:U" So they all stopped playing lol. I'm sure if BB3 is announced at the end of this year, everyone will be screaming "TOO SOON" regardless if CSX is good or not.