Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rishtopher

[CS2-CSE] Carl Clover General Discussion - Shota Shorts Edition

Hi ya folks, I finally sign up here, (after 1 year of just passing bye and sneak peek). I've been playing Carl since CT (as a sub, my main was Tager), in CS 1 and 2, I got addition of Tao as my main (and the cute Shota still as my Sub).

Since CS:EX was out, I was surprise how challenging Carl has become, he improve his speed (which is lacking in CS2), the nirvana gauge is a lot tougher (so now I can stand a chance against Tager player or Hakumen, well, shippu still give Ada lots of damage though). SO!!!. I decide to drop Tager and Tao as my main, and give Shota all the Love he can get.

now I'm a carl mainer, still casual player though, still working on him quite a lot.

About Carl himself, I love Xmatic, the song really give the tragedy vibe and some dark love in the rhythm, his plot was quite dark as well, losing his sister and mother in the same sick ways coz of his dad. And I think Carl is the most dark character in Blazblue, compare to arakune who change coz of his own ambition, ragna who died coz of his sick lil brother and revive by vampire (Drakuloli?).

1 thing I was hoping for Carl, I really want him to have a DP move so he can runaway from those block string and pressure @_@, I'm still a scrub in playing carl, so I cant really handle how to play him against pressure

Here's me :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnemcpHJC3E&feature=g-upl&context=G2c4e1acAUAAAAAAACAA

and more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5slXW4UXsvs&feature=g-upl&context=G2572472AUAAAAAAABAA

sorry for the low quality >.<

later, and nice meeting you all.

Hi ya folks, I finally sign up here, (after 1 year of just passing bye and sneak peek). I've been playing Carl since CT (as a sub, my main was Tager), in CS 1 and 2, I got addition of Tao as my main (and the cute Shota still as my Sub).

Since CS:EX was out, I was surprise how challenging Carl has become, he improve his speed (which is lacking in CS2), the nirvana gauge is a lot tougher (so now I can stand a chance against Tager player or Hakumen, well, shippu still give Ada lots of damage though). SO!!!. I decide to drop Tager and Tao as my main, and give Shota all the Love he can get.

now I'm a carl mainer, still casual player though, still working on him quite a lot.

About Carl himself, I love Xmatic, the song really give the tragedy vibe and some dark love in the rhythm, his plot was quite dark as well, losing his sister and mother in the same sick ways coz of his dad. And I think Carl is the most dark character in Blazblue, compare to arakune who change coz of his own ambition, ragna who died coz of his sick lil brother and revive by vampire (Drakuloli?).

1 thing I was hoping for Carl, I really want him to have a DP move so he can runaway from those block string and pressure @_@, I'm still a scrub in playing carl, so I cant really handle how to play him against pressure

Here's me :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnemcpHJC3E&feature=g-upl&context=G2c4e1acAUAAAAAAACAA

and more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5slXW4UXsvs&feature=g-upl&context=G2572472AUAAAAAAABAA

ini si bayu ya xD

Here's me :

and more

Welcome to the Carl boards (and the rest of dustloop), Narcastic. You can be as pro as everyone else here with some practice, lol. The greeting might be a bit overdue but better late than never.

Welcome to the Carl boards (and the rest of dustloop), Narcastic. You can be as pro as everyone else here with some practice, lol. The greeting might be a bit overdue but better late than never.

Woua! you are considering me a pro? you are making me blush! XD

ini si bayu ya xD

Yep its me ^_^, and who are you kind sir?.

Thank you, thank you, its better late than never :P, I agreed. Lol me iz scrub :3, just love playin with carl again after seeing him changes in the last 2 series, Lovin him so much more now coz of the speed increase >:3.

Actually my name is Tiger, I been playing blazblue ever since cs1 and late months of ct. I been a on and off Tao mainer who switched to platnium when she came out. I loved her ever since. Carl always been my favorite character in the game sadly I never could use him :< recently I gotten my hands on a control fighting pad and well Carl suddenly became a bit more accessible to me compare to Xbox remote. (I got the pad for the upcoming release of skullgirls) Anyways long story short I am now a newbie Carl maimed with Platinum on the side, ill be around this section more often. :3

Actually my name is Tiger, I been playing blazblue ever since cs1 and late months of ct. I been a on and off Tao mainer who switched to platnium when she came out. I loved her ever since. Carl always been my favorite character in the game sadly I never could use him :< recently I gotten my hands on a control fighting pad and well Carl suddenly became a bit more accessible to me compare to Xbox remote. (I got the pad for the upcoming release of skullgirls) Anyways long story short I am now a newbie Carl maimed with Platinum on the side, ill be around this section more often. :3

Welcome tiger :3, well I'm one of the scrub here, and I think we could go along just fine. all for the shota :3

Been awhile since I've been here...

Played Carl since CT but dropped the game entirely for CS2 because it just wasn't fun for me (what little I did play I mostly used Rachel, just did not like CS2 Carl). CSEX looks a lot better and Carl (and everyone else I've looked at) seems a lot more interesting and fun to play. I'll probably pick up the game soon, but I doubt it will over take Arcana as my main game, AH3 is just too much fun.

I traded in BB for Persona 3, and I gotta say, it was definitely worth it

Tarturus theme is stuck in my head

But it will never take Marionette Purple's place :(

What's with all these Carls coming out suddenly? o.o

You gettin' P4U/P4G sinder? I'm not really that hype for P4U, but I'd play P4G over again, especially with the bonuses in there. Also, P3:FES on PSN, is is that what you're playing? I never got to finish The Answer but I don't remember anything, so I'll start from the beginning.

Still playing through Tales of Graces though, so whenever that's done (maybe after Persona and Xenoblade), I'll be back on BB. Summer of RPGs @__@

I have p4 and I want to see how over rated it is

But p3 is really good so far so maybe I'm going to be wrong

As for the new carls I have no idea what's going on, but I heavily support this bandwagon.

well its bandwagon alright, carl having quite buff in his moves, and ada got pretty strong, many used to be carl player comes back playing shota :), and its fun to see other carl player, we all can share our opinion about many match up XD.

Hey everyone, I'm Dreizehn. I've been playing BlazBlue since CT, but never played Carl seriously. I've been looking for a main for a while, and pretty much ended up trying all the cast, learning a few of their combos and trying them online. I always thought Carl was too hard a character to main, so I skipped over him. But I thought the other day, hey, Rachel's wind and lvl. 2 drill combos are pretty hard, if you can spend time training to get those, why not try Carl?

Well, I tried Carl recently, and he's amazing, love the character, love his fighting style. The cool hat helps, too. This guy is incredibly fun. I'd never lost track of time in training so much, and yeah, I think I've found the main I've been looking for. So, nice to meet you all, and hats off to you!

Does anyone know Persona_Heart by any chance?

No, never heard of him/her. Are they a Carl player?

Persona Progress

I beat Persona 3, and I gotta say, I almost cried at the end

I can put the over hyped rumors to rest now. This was definitely one of the best games I've played in a while

Now onto Persona 4...

Btw, Carl is back to being the underused character now. It used to be rachel, but I don't know what happened :B

Carl have been always underused because his learning curve. But what amaze me, is that now in BBSEX if you check the Japanese Carls, almost all the well knowed like Kyaku, Ranrero, Nishi Nishi, Ryuseei, Esukee, Mikan yarou, etc have around 800+ PSR.

I'm actually starting to think that Carl is A+ or something like that. This is the best version of Carl in my opinion.

Carl have been always underused because his learning curve. But what amaze me, is that now in BBSEX if you check the Japanese Carls, almost all the well knowed like Kyaku, Ranrero, Nishi Nishi, Ryuseei, Esukee, Mikan yarou, etc have around 800+ PSR.

I'm actually starting to think that Carl is A+ or something like that. This is the best version of Carl in my opinion.

<------ 795 PSR and counting :). I also agree that this is the best version of Carl in terms of relative tier placement and in playstyle (IMO, funner than CS1 by a good margin and CS2 by a long shot).

I agree, I dont really think about PSR, coz I'm not really an online player, but seeing carl changes and all, I think carl has gone up the tier list, from C tier in BBCS 2 to A+ BBCSEX, but he cant gain much higher because lots of aspect to think.

like high priority hits, his low health and some more.

I still having quite tough time against Pro arakune player.

but I agree on this opinion.

PS : BBCS 2 carl stinks -.-.

Wait, I thought CS2 carl was A tier? That unblockable loop was stupid. People hated his nerfs but he was still Carl at the end of the day in CS2

Wait, I thought CS2 carl was A tier? That unblockable loop was stupid. People hated his nerfs but he was still Carl at the end of the day in CS2

if you compare carl to the other cast in BBCS2, he's almost an unwinable character.

well thats my opinion though, after playing carl in BBCS2 and watching Dio and Zong play too, BBCS2 carl was the darkest era of Carl.

yeah the loop was dumb. but 3D force stand is something i really miss

he wasnt unwinable without the loop, but you had to use the same combo all the time

I agree, I dont really think about PSR, coz I'm not really an online player, but seeing carl changes and all, I think carl has gone up the tier list, from C tier in BBCS 2 to A+ BBCSEX, but he cant gain much higher because lots of aspect to think.

like high priority hits, his low health and some more.

I still having quite tough time against Pro arakune player.

but I agree on this opinion.

PS : BBCS 2 carl stinks -.-.

I was reffering to Japase arcade players PSR, no one care about netplay PSR.

Also, having low health doesn't determine if he cant be S class or something like that, if you check the S class in exteded, Ragna and Valk, both of them have low health. And even so, Carl is almost the only char that can kill you with one hit.

Carl have been always A tier in CS2 era, in fact he was the first must be A tier. Before the loop, the new oki was very strong and then they added the UB loop that make Carl so strong.

if you compare carl to the other cast in BBCS2, he's almost an unwinable character.

well thats my opinion though, after playing carl in BBCS2 and watching Dio and Zong play too, BBCS2 carl was the darkest era of Carl.

I don´t think that it was his darkest era, Cs2 Carl indeed was powerfull with the loop. But even so, he was very very solid. He had great options, amazing mixup and decent dmg. His only problem was Nirvana gauge, but if you know how to do the others loop, you can easily do combos with that and spare Nirvana gauge.

I think that the darkest era was CT with the clap trap.

@JG thanks for the full explanation @_@ and the correction, maybe I'm not enough as a carl at that time (getting my *ss handed to me soooo many times when using carl).

and um anyway whats the "one hit" did u refer to? I'm confuse @_@

and um anyway whats the "one hit" did u refer to? I'm confuse @_@

Under the right circumstances, Carl can technically win the match with the first hit; solid hit into a 3-3.5k UB setup, into another 3k UB setup and finish with a 5k combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCzH9MwK8T0

3:10 basically sums up JG's point