Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rishtopher

[CS2-CSE] Carl Clover General Discussion - Shota Shorts Edition

I don't think I mentioned it, but I finally got CSEX! Now I can derp around in the most recent version, lol. I sorta have the combo starter 5B 6B 5C Cantabile(22D) 5C(2D) J.B J.C (2D hits) into stuff down, so I'm getting there.

Anyways...I was wondering how one uses Allegretto in combos? Apparently you can, as I've read and seen in one particular vid(Which happens to be the main vid that actually inspired me to play Caruru in CS2, haha) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0vNh06Fcs&feature=context&context=G2e39f31FUAAAAAAAAAA

Somehow he does a low J.C into Alle into a 5B, and I have no clue how the timing on that works. Is it character specific?

I don't think I mentioned it, but I finally got CSEX! Now I can derp around in the most recent version, lol. I sorta have the combo starter 5B 6B 5C Cantabile(22D) 5C(2D) J.B J.C (2D hits) into stuff down, so I'm getting there.

Anyways...I was wondering how one uses Allegretto in combos? Apparently you can, as I've read and seen in one particular vid(Which happens to be the main vid that actually inspired me to play Caruru in CS2, haha) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0vNh06Fcs&feature=context&context=G2e39f31FUAAAAAAAAAA

Somehow he does a low J.C into Alle into a 5B, and I have no clue how the timing on that works. Is it character specific?

Alledashing, 6]D[, j2.C~Allecancel, 5C, 421]D[ (Volante), j2.C~Allecancel, j.C, 4]D[, j2.C, 214C (Allegretto), 623 ]D[ (Brio), 5C, sj.B, j2.C, j.B, j.B, j.C, 8]D[, 214214]D[ (Fermata), j2.C, 214C (Allegretto), 8]D[, 214214]D[ (Fermata). Total dmg 7.101+ Dmg

Alledashing, 6]D[, j2.C~Allecancel, 5C, 421]D[ (Volante), j2.C~Allecancel, j.C, 4]D[, j2.C, 214C (Allegretto), 623 ]D[ (Brio), 5C, sj.B, j2.C, j.B, j.B, j.C, 8]D[, 214214]D[ (Fermata), j2.C, 214C (Allegretto), 8]D[, 214214]D[ (Fermata). Total dmg 7.101+ Dmg

And...I have no idea how to do like, any of that. I'm still trying to get down even the basic junk like that 5B 6B 5C Cantabile(22D) 5C(2D) J.B J.C (2D hits) down. lol. Have to use J.A J.C most of the time for that.

Edit: Oh hey, I can go into a Volante combo from that. I know this is a newb as hell combo, but I can actually kinda pull it off!

5B, 6B, 5C, Cantabile(22D),5C(2D), J.A, J.C (2D hits), Vivace B, 5C(Volante) j.B, j.C (Volante hits) 5C> air combo ender, I guess. 3.3k is the best I've gotten so far midscreen. Still trying to learn allecan and the timing for a dashing alle still(Although alledash>gear super looks slick as hell). lol

Edit 2:

its a corner combo cantabile into Sj.jb>j2c>jb>jc>allegreto>5b

Oh, hey, that works! The timing for the superjump is kinda weird, but then again, I suck at them. Pretty cool. Thanks! :3

Edit 3, since I'm pretty sure double-posting is not allowed. Is there any trick to landing the J.2C after 2D? I hit too high most of the time, and 5C whiffs... xP

hit with j2c once they are close to the ground the height of the bounce (2D) varies depending on how high they were once they got hit.... its something u gotta work on by yourself unfortunately,,, there is no trick to get it to hit.

TBH no one really cares if u double post,,, cause some people get on DL via PS3 or cell phone & the edit function is very iffy & might not work properly so only do it if u have to

2D is such a mean starter. I've been weaving it into my Oki game and it's really working out for me. It beats Neutral and destroys rolls, they more or less just have to block high.

Which...Nobody does online...

2D is such a mean starter. I've been weaving it into my Oki game and it's really working out for me. It beats Neutral and destroys rolls, they more or less just have to block high.

Which...Nobody does online...

Every Carl I've ever played has done that o.o I do it too.

Yeah I know I shouldn't do it. But some characters just freeze up and give me that damage.

Just seems that everything Carl does goes into mad damage.

some of the threads are just... not even remotely detailed :/ like the platinum and tsubaki threads, respectively. no offense to you sinder, l know you tried to add whatever you could. the rachel thread was updated well and pretty accurate.

Im starting to feel like the Carl section is dying... What happen here? this was one of the most active forums..

Im starting to feel like the Carl section is dying... What happen here? this was one of the most active forums..

We just don't have enough Carl's who like the game enough to come on here imo. Most of the people that I've talked to never post on the Carl boards.

some of the threads are just... not even remotely detailed :/ like the platinum and tsubaki threads, respectively. no offense to you sinder, l know you tried to add whatever you could. the rachel thread was updated well and pretty accurate.

thats because those were the last ones i did ;P

I was a very active Carl member as some of you know. Then I went to Grad school. My gaming life has been shot.

And it sucks because this version of Carl looks like it would've been my favorite one. I thought CS1 Carl was hard to beat but from the videos I've seen, this Carl takes the cake.

I was a very active Carl member as some of you know. Then I went to Grad school. My gaming life has been shot.

"I used to be an active Carl member like you. But then I took a Grad School to the knee". :p

*puts up flame shield*

But seriously, this place could use a revival of sorts.

And it sucks because this version of Carl looks like it would've been my favorite one. I thought CS1 Carl was hard to beat but from the videos I've seen, this Carl takes the cake.

lol way to make an entrance, glad you posted... #finally

anyway, i wont be playing this game for a while because of school as well, but i really don"t want the carl forums to look dead, which is why im doing these half-assed match up updates. after summer, i will be ghost, so please guys do something!

So this is probably extremely old news but in Carl's electrocution sprite, I've always seen a mini Ada or something but I never looked at it closely.

Here, I noticed that Ada is controlling him with some kind of arcade stick looking thing, do you think it's just a joke, or that it might lead to something that matters? I'm assuming you guys already talked about this but I honestly just noticed it >.>

So this is probably extremely old news but in Carl's electrocution sprite, I've always seen a mini Ada or something but I never looked at it closely.

Here, I noticed that Ada is controlling him with some kind of arcade stick looking thing, do you think it's just a joke, or that it might lead to something that matters? I'm assuming you guys already talked about this but I honestly just noticed it >.>

I actually didn't notice this either. Could be referencing the fact that Carl's puppet (a nox nyctore) has a strong influence/borderline complete control over his mind while he's fighting. Then again, I could be overthinking it. One way or another, that's actually a pretty funny sprite. I always wondered what went on in that hat.

What Psykotik said, except that I think it has a more metaphorical meaning, as opposed to much literal mind-control. Forgive the pun, but I'm pretty sure it means that he always has his sister on the brain.:vbang:

That's weird because I remember when Extend was coming out everyone was saying Carl had nothing except one unblockable or something that made him boring. What happened?

That's weird because I remember when Extend was coming out everyone was saying Carl had nothing except one unblockable or something that made him boring. What happened?

What happen? Very easy:

- Amazing dmg, Carl in this version can deal more than 4K with almost any move. Also if you spend one meter, you can deal 6K at midscreed.

- Better Nirvana gauge. Now with just a couple reset you can deal ton of dmg and still have more than 50% Nirvana gauge.

- Amazing UB, now the dmg after any kind of UB is way better than before.

- Better option in overall, Carl almost have an answerd for any situation.

Character more complete than in previus ver, you can do multiple thing and doing it right. Good dmg, good mixup, good pressures, etc.

So in the end he turned out the complete opposite than he appeared. Hilarious.

So in the end he turned out the complete opposite than he appeared. Hilarious.

Why hilariius? until now he was always been A tier.

Kyaku got 2nd at godgarden and Ryuusei got top 3 or 4 at BBRevolution.

Carl forums always enter into panic mode whenever a new game comes out because they nerf his main thing in the previous games and then it looks like he has nothing.

CT -> CS1 lost clap loop -> CS2 reduced nirvana gauge but gained UB -> CSEX lost UB but gained better nirvana gauge and combo damage.

Carl forums always enter into panic mode whenever a new game comes out because they nerf his main thing in the previous games and then it looks like he has nothing.

CT -> CS1 lost clap loop -> CS2 reduced nirvana gauge but gained UB -> CSEX lost UB but gained better nirvana gauge and combo damage.

Well that is true, the problem is that when it comes to Carl changes, the info isn't very accurate or can give you a better idea related to the modification.

For example, when we were in the loketest era for BBSEX, no one understood the new 6C, that make the rival bounce.

In that time, we were all thinking that the new 6C was made for the purpose of avoiding the Hakumen UB loop, but that wasn't the case. The only way that the new 6C will make the opp bounce, is if it connect when the rival is in the air. With that in mind, we discover that we could use 6C charge lv2 or lv3 in combos and thank to that, our dmg output improved amazingly in the corner, to the point that you can even connect 3 Fermata in combos without problems.

The same goes to the 2]D[, no one understood how it was going to work with the new bounce proprieties. If you ask me, i still prefer the old 2]D[, but hey! the new one have amazing corner carrying.

Also, in the loketest time no one will imagine that Nirvana gauge was JUST WAY WAY BETTER if you learned where to turn off and turn on Nirvana for the purpose of resetting the Nirvana gauge consumption. Now we know if we do like 4 Nirvana moves in a row wihout turning off-on Nirvana, the next one is going to consume like 4 time more gauge and for that reason, learning when to desactivate/activate Nirvana can make that ours long combos consume way less than before.

That are some reason why in the beginning we all believed that Nirvana gauge was way worse for combos.

The same goes to 6]D[, it was hard to realize how it was going to work with the new changes.

Still, happy as hell at how Carl turn out in BBSEX. I really enjoy this Carl ver more than the other ones.

..... CS2 reduced nirvana gauge but gained UB -> CSEX lost UB but gained better nirvana gauge and combo damage.

That my friend, is very wrong. Carl can still do the same UB here and is better, because the dmg after that UB is sick. If you know how to do the UB loop, with just 2 UB and a 6K dmg combo will be enough to kill the mayority of the cast. Keep in mind that after two UB is very probable that your heat gain will be almost at 100%. You can check this in the combovideo From Chile With Love, in that you can see the new UB loop.

Well, is not that the UB loop can be done all times like CS2... but the payback is way better.

In the end, i think that BBSEX Carl maybe have worse mixup and oki than CS2... you have to admit that CS2 3]D[ was awesome! But our dmg and option are just way better than before. The only downside is that ours normal's are worse than before, that is sad. Thank to that, is hard to lock some characters like Arakune, that matchup is a pain in the ass.