Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rishtopher

[CS2-CSE] Carl Clover General Discussion - Shota Shorts Edition

Kokonoe is in her 90s at least...we are reaching Twilight levels of pedo-age gaps

Kokonoe is in her 90s at least...we are reaching Twilight levels of pedo-age gaps

That's probably like barely over 20 in bakeneko-years, so she's not really a ped- Oh wait, how old is Carl again?

And at first I thought her lollipop might taste really good (blueberry flavour?) then I read it was silvervine, which is essentially catnip... I wonder if all her sweets are catfoods..

Carl's like... 5

loljk. I don't know where it's ever been stated.

How does one make a catnip lollipop? Sounds like an interesting idea... If I ever succeed at this I'll give my cat the joy of lollipops.

If I HAD to guess, I'd say he's like, 14? But as we all know, anime+age do not mix lol. But now that I think about it, when he was in the Academy he looked like he was 5...but he was in elementary so maybe he was 12-ish? I have no idea how Japanese schools work but I thought it would be similar. Do they have grade1-6 elementary?

Speaking of the academy, I wonder how well off Carl was when he was there. We haven't heard anything about the Clover family being particularly famous and they say he was basically a kid genius, wonder if he was there mostly for his marks? It's a military academy though, so he'd have to be able to fight right? Maybe he wasn't old enough for combat training though. This got me thinking about how the library seeks out those with a high level ars magus "sync ratio" (I completely forget the term they use). I never thought about it this way, but do you think Carl's puppeteering is an ars? I guess it would have to be but for some reason I didn't consider it "magic". If that's true, can he only control puppets? What's stopping him from controlling actual people? Does anyone know the name of his puppet btw? I can't remember if I've asked this before. If he stayed in the academy, I wonder if he'd still be a puppeteer? Or if he'd fight completely differently.

And only Kokonoe knows the secrets of catnip lollipops :P I would totally get them for my cat if they existed/if I had a cat lol. Also, I just looked up what catnip tastes like because I was curious as to what the lollipop might taste like. Turns out that catnip tastes kind of like green tea, but with no sweetness to it? It's also a mild sedative to humans. Kokonoe has silvervine though, so it's not quite the same I guess. Still, it was quite interesting to read that there's a lot of people who make catnip tea to help with digestion/to induce sleep. There's also a number who have tried smoking it o__o

PS: I like your lolPersona gamer tag/PSN name Sphere, and your Ignis avy :3

EDIT: Super late, but in case there's some of you who haven't heard it yet: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15964173

It's a piano cover of X-Matic, it's pretty relaxing :P

I'm assuming Carl was a prodigy, he looks the type.

Carl probably doesn't have the potential or the heart to control people...

Catnip tea sounds better than Horny Goat Weed...

PS: Why, thank you. I'm happy someone gets it :3

And that piano cover is freaking amazing. I can't stop listening ;_;

Horny goat weed?? o__o That sounds...unpleasant lol. I'm actually too nervous to google image search that xD

Still, I kinda what to know, what's stopping his from doing it if he needed to?

Also, no problem :P Your avy makes me want to eat some strawberry cheesecake btw lol

Horny goat weed?? o__o That sounds...unpleasant lol. I'm actually too nervous to google image search that xD

Still, I kinda what to know, what's stopping his from doing it if he needed to?

Also, no problem :P Your avy makes me want to eat some strawberry cheesecake btw lol

Carl probably can't, I'd think. Relius is about 100+ right? It might have taken him just that long to perfect his abilities. Carl's barely hit puberty [if at all], lol.

And, you're making me want some too ;_;

Also, Relius v Carl intro, some intense stuff right there =p

Oh yeah, I guess it's true that even Relius might not have been a puppeteer his whole life o.o

I want some tiramisu right now, I'm SOOO hungry and all I have are nachos, which I like, but I want cake @___@

And thanks for the head's up about that lol. If you/the entire Relius general thread didn't mention that, I wouldn't have seen it lol. It's SO good! And the first round was one of the most hype matches I've seen all year :O The way they played the match, it actually looked pretty even too. I can't wait to get this CSX :D Could you hear what Carl yelled during Cantata? I couldn't catch it.

I couldn't hear it either, but that was Dio playing Carl I think, which was probably why that match was so damn intense. Haha

Hopefully I can get a moonspeak-translating friend to help with the dialogue. But I love the intensity in Carl's voice.

I never see Carl's in general, so I don't know, honestly =/

Well, that's true actually :S I've been hoping to see some Carl on the BBVlog since I like the commentary lol. The only non-Japanese Carl's I've ever seen are Zong and some vids of Isayaru playing online. I thought I saw more Carl's back in CS1 though? Maybe it was just my imagination.

Sounds like Carl is just saying Cantata in the Relius vs Carl video when he used his DD.

I thought that too, but I wondered why they would bother changing his quote to something that wasn't just his attack name? Like, why wouldn't they go with something directed at Relius instead of just the shortened attack name? I guess that's why I was doubtful. Granted, I haven't even played it back to see what he said, I'm kind of just waiting for when we have it in English lol. And yes --although I'll probably get flamed for saying this -- I like the English voices a lot, more than the Japanese voices, for once.

I love the title. Shota Shorts are damn awesome :3 and I can contribute to the fanart. Just give me a few hours to draw and color some XD

I personally like the Carl v Relius theme... I mean I didn't go =O but I was like =D

And uhh, my story mode memory is a little rusty. Did Ada consent to her transformation? /herp

I completely agree with the theme and I can do some Fan art as well...heck my avatar is me in the Carl get-up (without the legendary shota shorts...:P)

also didn't Big Daddy Relius say that Ada did consent?...i could be confused about that too...but should we believe him if he did say that...lol

LOL autotune. Totally got Finn's song stuck in my head lol. I really hope she doesn't sound like Kesha, I don't know who T-Pain is though. I kind of want to see Carl/Ada in Adventure Time style now lol.

I hope she doesn't talk until the very end, I think if Ada could talk, it would ruin the mysterious mood she gives off. I guess by talk, I mean make any sounds at all.

she makes twitching noises...does that count? and who knows maybe she did consent to being turned into a robot...some people just like it that way...:O

lol well I meant like voice clips or like grunts or whatever coming from her. Or like, you know how they talk in gibberish in Zelda? Something like that, that would be weird. Honestly, I hope she consented and that there's a good reason for doing so, it would make it a lot more interesting.

Close to the end of the story, there was a flashback with just her voice saying "Don't say things like that Carl".

Close to the end of the story, there was a flashback with just her voice saying "Don't say things like that Carl".

Wow...I really don't remember that. Can you give us a link?