Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rishtopher

[CS2-CSE] Carl Clover General Discussion - Shota Shorts Edition

Whoa...I literally didn't remember that at all. I thought it was Litchi too. The voice didn't sound too different to me, so I guess that's why. Hmm, now I just imagine blond Litchi when I think of Ada...I can't tell if I like/dislike that yet lol.

EDIT: I can't wait for CSX, gonna replay both CT/CS stories so I can remember everything.

Whoa...I literally didn't remember that at all. I thought it was Litchi too. The voice didn't sound too different to me, so I guess that's why. Hmm, now I just imagine blond Litchi when I think of Ada...I can't tell if I like/dislike that yet lol.

EDIT: I can't wait for CSX, gonna replay both CT/CS stories so I can remember everything.

I think it is only personality similarities...

I hope it is.

Another note, I bet it was Nirvana brain zapping him like that... the more I think about it the less I think Carl even remembers what Ada was like.

Like imagine of his sister he has in his head. This inhumanly perfect young lady is really just some kind of construct hobbled together by Nirvana to keep him motivated. And anything that might lead to him remember the real thing or make him second guess how extreme he is acting to people who did nothing to him gets mentally tasered.

Or maybe I am thinking too much, not my fault this characters are a joy to pick apart.

Me too, I don't want them to look similar at all :|

I like the way you think Osmond, that particular scenario would definitely make his story much more interesting than it is. I did think it was kind of weird how perfect Ada was when he described her, but I just attributed that to him being a child. Kind of like how nostalgia works; you only remember the good stuff because it's comforting to think about.

Hopefully we get some more details in CSX's story. I doubt they'd add anything significant, but if there's nothing about Ada in Relius' story, I'll honestly be surprised.

Am I the only one here who would rather Ada actually be as good as Carl described her? I always thought he was right (in that Ada really was that awesome and loving), though she may have been a little too self-sacrificing for others (hence the willingness to participate in Relius' experiment), which in a way would make her imperfect. Personally, I don't like it when people seem to assume the worst in Carl, making him seem delusional and/or insane beyond all reason.

And if Ada somehow wasn't all that, what would you guys assume she was actually like?

I still think it would be nice if Ada was how Carl describes her, but admittedly, it would be more interesting if she wasn't. Like, having some flaws makes her a more human and dynamic character. People who are perfect aren't as interesting since you can't relate to them as much, know what I mean?

I personally don't want Carl to be crazy, but if he's being manipulated against his will, that's different to me. Especially when I try and consider why this manipulation is happening or what purpose it serves overall. Like if Ada/Nirvana (assuming that they could be two entities in one "body") is manipulating him, what purpose does it serve? Why do that to Carl from Ada's perspective? If it's Nirvana, then what is she hoping to achieve? What's her "true purpose" that Hakumen hinted at?

Honestly, I don't have much to go on, but I think she'd pretty much be Litchi, but without being lovestruck (Arakune makes Litchi stop being rational) and perhaps a little more humorous/easy going. I think I remember that she left riddles and stuff for Carl/always told really funny jokes? That might have been in his gag reel, but it's still informative. She'd probably be a mix between Litchi and Makoto? That's the impression I get at least.

I assume Ada was rather overprotective of Carl in the absence of his parents. [We never really hear anything about them, so I assume they were rarely around]

Perhaps since Carl was a kid genius he got picked on in school and Ada always came to rescue, was his only friend, that type of stuff.

Seems a bit cliche though...

I personally don't want to imagine Ada any lesser than Carl says of her.

I personally don't want Carl to be crazy, but if he's being manipulated against his will, that's different to me. Especially when I try and consider why this manipulation is happening or what purpose it serves overall. Like if Ada/Nirvana (assuming that they could be two entities in one "body") is manipulating him, what purpose does it serve? Why do that to Carl from Ada's perspective? If it's Nirvana, then what is she hoping to achieve? What's her "true purpose" that Hakumen hinted at?

I'll make a random guess and assume Ada is just a limiter for Nirvana. Without Ada, Nirvana is probably much more dangerous. Doesn't Nirvana drive their user insane?

As far as I know, Ada is probably negating Nirvana to a point and- I give up.

or Ada never was part of Nirvana and Relius just trolled Carl.

@Rishtopher: You do have a point with the whole "Perfection isn't relatable" thing. I was just afraid you all were wishing that Ada would be more jerkish (or even evil, if one were to think to that extreme) than Carl remembered her to be. I wouldn't mind flaws in her character, so long as it isn't one of those two things. I love seeing her as the kindly older sister figure, and I wouldn't want to think of her any other way. I like the way you described her, though. Of course, I think she'd be a good bit more formal and/or reserved than Makoto.

As for Nirvana, I'm thinking that Ada's spirit and the Nox's will are two different things. Like Ada would be the more benevolent half, and Nirvana would be the more malevolent half, considering what effects a Nox can have. The only thing that confuses me still is when Hakumen said that Nirvana didn't do anything but get moved by Carl's "desire to kill". And yet later on, we see Nirvana take effect to some degree. Which is it?

@Sphere211: I could see that. However, I'm pretty sure Ada didn't go to school with Carl, considering their age gap, and the fact that Carl was homesick over her. I always pictured someone like Makoto or Tsubaki filling that role instead.

As for Nirvana, I'm thinking that Ada's spirit and the Nox's will are two different things. Like Ada would be the more benevolent half, and Nirvana would be the more malevolent half, considering what effects a Nox can have. The only thing that confuses me still is when Hakumen said that Nirvana didn't do anything but get moved by Carl's "desire to kill". And yet later on, we see Nirvana take effect to some degree. Which is it?

I think the confusion is caused by Nirvana having two different 'souls'. One could be when Nirvana is overpowering, and others when Ada is overpowering. However, this could lead to a conflict in which one soul completely overtakes the other. What would happen if Ada was completely absorbed and could do nothing but observe what is happening to her brother?

@Sphere211: I could see that. However, I'm pretty sure Ada didn't go to school with Carl, considering their age gap, and the fact that Carl was homesick over her. I always pictured someone like Makoto or Tsubaki filling that role instead.

I guess she was someone that would always comfort and baby him? Perhaps his parents never really paid any attention to him.

Worse case scenario is that Carl IS crazy and Ada never existed; which could be an extent of Nirvana's power, and Relius is just driving him more insane by playing along.

I think the confusion is caused by Nirvana having two different 'souls'. One could be when Nirvana is overpowering, and others when Ada is overpowering. However, this could lead to a conflict in which one soul completely overtakes the other. What would happen if Ada was completely absorbed and could do nothing but observe what is happening to her brother?

I guess she was someone that would always comfort and baby him? Perhaps his parents never really paid any attention to him.

Worse case scenario is that Carl IS crazy and Ada never existed; which could be an extent of Nirvana's power, and Relius is just driving him more insane by playing along.

Ada exists. It was confirmed by that picture in the Material Collection, and the fact that Carl remembers her during his school days.

*shakes fist*

If it weren't for those meddling kids!

There goes my idea of some crazy Carl-goes-into-denial-and-kills-everyone plot

*shakes fist*

If it weren't for those meddling kids!

There goes my idea of some crazy Carl-goes-into-denial-and-kills-everyone plot

You would've gotten away with it too!

But seriously, was that last bit what you're actually aiming for, or is it just a joke?

You would've gotten away with it too!

But seriously, was that last bit what you're actually aiming for, or is it just a joke?

It was just some random what-if idea. I prefer the 'perfect Ada' theory.

Somewhere in the back of my head though I never wanted Ada to exist or even be a part of Nirvana at all.

Oh Ada-vana you are a theoretical gold mine!

The idea of Ada's spirit effecting Nirvana is an interesting one~ Oh Ada are you her conscious or are you just her battery and Carl is the battery charger? Do you protect Carl because of you care or to protect your power source? Do you want track down Relius because it is the right thing to do, or is it because Carl demeanor gets worse around him. Lastly perfect Ms. Ada Clover really is Nirvana... then why does you force your mentally scarred and traumatized brother to do horrible horrible things to get whatever you are planning going?

ca0_base0.png

Why the rapeface Ms. Clover? Why the rape face? Well? Anything to say for yourself?

Nirvana: ...

That's just the kind of answer I expected from you.