Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rishtopher

[CS2-CSE] Carl Clover General Discussion - Shota Shorts Edition

Rishtopher: My internet hates me T_T

I've played against some of my friends in Toronto and I only had a 1 bar connection. You can add me, but I probably won't be on most of time. Also, i imported Extend :v:

It's cool, I'm 1bar with my friend in California, who I play all the time, and it's actually really good. Oddly, my friend KoopaDoopa is 2bar with me and I sometimes get laggy games with him. lol, we'll cross that bridge when we get there :P

People I added:

Roldy

Psykotik

njamamm

I'm on right now and will be for about 3 hours, if you want some games, let me know (on PSN), I'm hosting (CS2 only though, sorry importers!!).

Roldy why u in here? Are you playing Carl again? I can teach u but don't disappoint me ^_^
I want to be able to play both the father and the son, lol.

Honestly though, I'm having a hard time finding good mixup with Relius. His doll doesn't have high/low normals like Carl's does, which means no blockstring pressure into good high/low mixup.

B tier is B

A tier is A

And theres still a B+

go figure... not to mention damage off abare isn't as good either... actually damage overall isnt as good...

but yea go play litchi

I don't understand why you guys want me to play Litchi. Jin, Carl, and Relius are much more fun to play.

I don't understand why you guys want me to play Litchi. Jin, Carl, and Relius are much more fun to play.

Yeah but a lot harder

besides why not go for a character that can zone and disrespect block strings

she has a ddddppppp heard you loved those

I want to be able to play both the father and the son, lol.

Honestly though, I'm having a hard time finding good mixup with Relius. His doll doesn't have high/low normals like Carl's does, which means no blockstring pressure into good high/low mixup.

Wait, really?

I just got a new job, finally, and my shift isn't so bad, but I end up coming home not in the mood to do anything during the week.

I will go into overdrive tomorrow, and finish the reset/strat thread. It will be posted on saturday or sunday, but I assure you it will be up in the next two days. Unfortunately I don't have a capture device to put up vids, but hopefully you guys will understand all the mumbo jumbo I write. If not just tell me and I'll explain best way I can.

Thanks Soujiro! It'll come in handy for when I get CSX next month lol. Maybe it'll help me now actually. I can't do anything when people barrier my mixup since I never plan for them being outside of my range =\

Wait, really?
The problem with Relius is that he can't make his doll do high\low moves while he himself is doing a blockstring, like Carl does. The doll's only high\low moves are specials which require Relius to do a pose, so he can't do anything to keep the opponent still.

So, it is up to Relius alone to do mixup, i.e. 6A overhead, jump > airdash into high or land into low. This isn't really great mixup to me.

The problem with Relius is that he can't make his doll do high\low moves while he himself is doing a blockstring, like Carl does.

Wow, I wasn't aware of this fact... enthusiasm for subbing Relius down.. Honestly, I think you said it too Roldy, but I only want to sub him because he's Carl's dad lol.

GGs Rishtopher! Your Carl's pretty solid. Your friend was really laggy against me for some reason but at least he seemed to know what he was doing.

I'm getting a wireless connection within this week though so my connection's gonna become even worse. :(

GGs Rishtopher! Your Carl's pretty solid. Your friend was really laggy against me for some reason but at least he seemed to know what he was doing.

I'm getting a wireless connection within this week though so my connection's gonna become even worse. :(

GGs to you to Psykotik! I really need to practice resets and setups, you have it so down and I'm so jelly because I kinda just do...stuff lol. Yeah, I was talking to Koopa on Gchat while we were playing and he was really worried that you might get mad at the lag so he told me to apologize to you. He's a pretty good Rachel, I actually wanted him to teach me how to play her before I decided I'd try and sub Tao.

He and I have a decent connection with each other, but we still get DC'd sometimes. It's funny that you're switching since I literally JUST switched to an Ethernet connection after our matches. Hopefully the next time it'll be better for us! :P Also the next time we play, I'll probably invite Koopa again (only if you don't mind though lol), I play him pretty regularly.

She has an overhead, 214D, the one where she's like above you and her drills extend down-forward. Apparently it sucks though. :/

She has an overhead, 214D, the one where she's like above you and her drills extend down-forward. Apparently it sucks though. :/

Ohhhh yea i remember seeing that... ONCE lol its to predictable its easly seen,,, so if you do go for a UB they will jump.. thats why the only impractical UB he has is after his ROM

Well Relius it looks like you're off my Extend list

I'm actually happy about this, since I want to learn Pacman :v:.........................

Well Relius it looks like you're off my Extend list

I'm actually happy about this, since I want to learn Pacman :v:.........................

:v:

I dunno what it is, but it seems the more I see about Relius, the less excited I am to play him. Honestly, I blame it on the lack of high/low from Ignis. I guess I expected too much >__>

Also, can someone who has Extend confirm something? I was told you buy palettes and other goods in-game now with points. Question is: Where do you get those points from (standard gameplay, Abyss, Arcade, etc.) and what can you buy with those other than palettes?

I'm guessing that the only thing you can buy on the PSN store is announcer DLC and palettes/UNL characters if you don't want to spend the time to unlock them in-game?

EDIT: Anyone have the artbook from the preorder bonus? I want to know if it's worth it (how big it is, how many pages, what kind of illustrations are in it, etc) since I might preorder the LE tomorrow or Wednesday. I don't care about the soundtrack.