Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rishtopher

[CS2-CSE] Carl Clover General Discussion - Shota Shorts Edition

I don't have Extend myself (yet) but if the point system is anything like CS2 portable, then you get the points from playing the single-player modes and use them up in the gallery. In CS2 portable, you could get artwork, unlimited characters, announcers, concept art and a bunch of other little extras in addition to palettes so I'm assuming that will also be the case in Extend.

To anybody who actually has Extend, feel free to correct me.

EDIT: Anyone have the artbook from the preorder bonus? I want to know if it's worth it (how big it is, how many pages, what kind of illustrations are in it, etc) since I might preorder the LE tomorrow or Wednesday. I don't care about the soundtrack.

Dude. Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-EXTEND-sony-playstation3/dp/B006VB2V7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326772129&sr=8-1

I don't have Extend myself (yet) but if the point system is anything like CS2 portable, then you get the points from playing the single-player modes and use them up in the gallery. In CS2 portable, you could get artwork, unlimited characters, announcers, concept art and a bunch of other little extras in addition to palettes so I'm assuming that will also be the case in Extend.

That's a pretty good explanation, I hope it's similar lol.

I'm Canadian, so I can't order from Amazon.com lol. When I checked amazon.ca this weekend, they didn't have the LE available, but now they do. Trouble is that I don't have a credit card anymore so I'll need to go in person to get it. I just want to know in advance how good the artbook is. For example, if the illustrations that I get are basically the ones in the gallery, that devalues the artbook for me :\ Maybe I'll look for a video preview of it first lol

That's a pretty good explanation, I hope it's similar lol.

I'm Canadian, so I can't order from Amazon.com lol. When I checked amazon.ca this weekend, they didn't have the LE available, but now they do. Trouble is that I don't have a credit card anymore so I'll need to go in person to get it. I just want to know in advance how good the artbook is. For example, if the illustrations that I get are basically the ones in the gallery, that devalues the artbook for me :\ Maybe I'll look for a video preview of it first lol

Yeah, that sucks. The Amazon deal for the LE at the same price is just beautiful. ;-;

Nope, you're correct. You can get all previous DLC colours and announcers as well as Unlimited Characters as in-game unlocks.

Also, Canada sucks, no Extend LE for $39.99 =(

I'm Canadian, so I can't order from Amazon.com lol.

It's times like this that make me glad that I have a P.O. box across the border which I can get to in a 10-minute drive. :)

Can't order from Amazon.com? I bought Monster Hunter Tri from the U.S. website...

Did they change the rules?

The only thing is, I don't know whether or not the shipping rate would up the price such that it wouldn't be worth ordering anymore.

Can't order from Amazon.com? I bought Monster Hunter Tri from the U.S. website...

Did they change the rules?

The only thing is, I don't know whether or not the shipping rate would up the price such that it wouldn't be worth ordering anymore.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but whenever I pick mail, they won't ship to my address. Maybe it's because I need to pick some kind of courier service specifically? I figured they'd give me the options available to my shipping address rather than just telling me that they won't ship there, period.

It's times like this that make me glad that I have a P.O. box across the border which I can get to in a 10-minute drive. :)

Soooo jelly T__T

Congratulations to Isuyaru for his position of Carl Mod.

My work here is done.

Thank you Skye~

On that note, what do people want to see in regards to the organization of and information on this board? With EX available to some of us and in the near future for the rest, I've started working on a new combo thread; what else is there demand for? Currently our important threads are basically the video thread, the CS2 general gameplay discussion thread, the EX discussion thread, and this.

hmmm if you would,, id would like for you to go over the stuff i have posted as carls changes in EX so i can change them accordingly,, cant have a EX thread going if the stuff aint right. Everything i have posted has been solely off of my observations.... an i know those cant be 100% accurate.

Thank you Skye~

On that note, what do people want to see in regards to the organization of and information on this board? With EX available to some of us and in the near future for the rest, I've started working on a new combo thread; what else is there demand for? Currently our important threads are basically the video thread, the CS2 general gameplay discussion thread, the EX discussion thread, and this.

I don't think anyone would support me on this, but I'd like to suggest it anyway: New Video Thread.

I find the old one is really not organized at all. I'd like it if we started fresh with CSEX and made one in the style the Relius Video Compilation thread. You can see right away which matchups are available to view and they're linked to start at the time the match starts (if anyone doesn't know how to do this, right click on the vid "copy URL at current time").

Basically, we just have to copy the format of the Relius Video thread and I'd be happy. I don't think it's hard to organize either.

Speaking of Relius, any of you guys tried him yet? I'm interested in hearing opinions of people coming from a Carl background whether you like him or not and if his matchups are easier or harder (in your opinion).

Thank you Skye~

We need a whole new matchup thread a lot of the info is dated I can help with puting in info and things

Thank you Skye~

I may be alone on this, but perhaps something like the old Carl Clover:101 thread we had for CT (in the archives now). One of the main things that initially drew me to Carl was how well organized all the information was here, especially for the new players.

Hey, everyone. I know I haven't posted in aaaaages, but I've been playing Carl more lately and have a question. Sadly, all I have is CS2 on the 3DS, so no Extend stuff yet, but the question should still apply.

Any tips for landing 5C>A.C>4D? Whenever I actually land it(which is rare), the enemy flies into Carl and does nothing but make me vulnerable. I've usually been trying this..

5B>6B>623C>2D>5C>A.C>4D and it almost always fails, help? Trying to figure out better stuff, and learning this should help me consistantly break 3k midscreen in a combo. :3

Make sure you are doing 4D with 5C (same time)

5B>6B>623C>2D>J.2C[Alle-Can]>5C>A.C>4D

Alle Can after 2D makes the combo easier for you too

Trying that now, but having a little trouble with Alle-can-5c. Embarrassingly, I never really practiced it, and I'm guessing I'm hitting too soon or something, since Tager at least techs riiight after the 5C. D:

Hello there everyone. I come to you as an aspiring Carl player. I've honestly been playing this game for awhile and have played a few characters. I always wanted to give Carl a shot, but his execution level was intimidating. I decided to suck it up and learn him anyways with hopes of making him a main. :]

Not to mention he looks very fun now that extend is out.

Hey all. I'm new to the forums here, but I've been playing Carl since CS first came out. I'm a decent casual player, but I'm definitely not tourney material. Anyway, as an introduction, I decided to post a sonnet about Carl and Nirvana. Enjoy.

My sister’s soul, though trapped in icy steel,

Still speaks to me and fights right by my side.

With mighty blows in tune like moon and tide,

We’ll crush our foes, and tender flesh we’ll peel.

As vigilantes we shall find the truth

About our bastard father’s wicked schemes,

And grasp the vengeance dancing in our dreams;

For this we’ll gladly give up all our youth.

To those two-faced adults that lie we’ll give

Such woe and crush who stands in Ada’s path,

And show them all our great Cantata’s wrath.

No charms or tricks shall give them chance to live.

Dear father, now I’m finished with your crap:

There’s no escape; you’re in Nirvana’s clap!

Hey all. I'm new to the forums here, but I've been playing Carl since CS first came out. I'm a decent casual player, but I'm definitely not tourney material. Anyway, as an introduction, I decided to post a sonnet about Carl and Nirvana. Enjoy.

My sister’s soul, though trapped in icy steel,

Still speaks to me and fights right by my side.

With mighty blows in tune like moon and tide,

We’ll crush our foes, and tender flesh we’ll peel.

As vigilantes we shall find the truth

About our bastard father’s wicked schemes,

And grasp the vengeance dancing in our dreams;

For this we’ll gladly give up all our youth.

To those two-faced adults that lie we’ll give

Such woe and crush who stands in Ada’s path,

And show them all our great Cantata’s wrath.

No charms or tricks shall give them chance to live.

Dear father, now I’m finished with your crap:

There’s no escape; you’re in Nirvana’s clap!

Welcome to Dustloop! That's very good, man!

PS: Shoutouts to 'Dat Ky and Carl. :P Looking forward to seeing more of you online soon. :)

[sonnet ]

Hey, cool to see more Carls here. I haven't been very active because of school, but I think some of the other guys are. I'm pretty casual right now too, I haven't really been trying to learn CSE Carl since I've got a huge backlog of games (also playing through Tales of Graces atm). If you live close to where a tourney's happening/have the time/money to get there, you should try it. I've never been to one myself, but I plan to at least go to once I finish school.

Also, that sonnet was pretty cool. Honestly, I didn't know what a sonnet was until you mentioned it lol. I like to read but I'm not really that familiar with the terminology of the different kinds of verse lol.

How are you liking Carl in CSE?

I love the update they gave Carl in CSE. They made Nirvana tougher, which is always nice, and I think the new combos are easier to excecute than in CSII, which definitely helps. I'd consider going to a tournament if I had the time commitment to making myself tourney ready and the entry fee was reasonable. It would also be nice to fight good players without the netplay lag. But right now, I think I'd just embarass myself lol.