Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

[AC] The List o' Mist Setups

New game, new 1-hits. This has been a bit over due. Let's get a list going. Any and all contributions are encouraged. Ideas, testing, comments on validity, whatever; post away. I'll update the first post as I have time. Right now they're are just two categories, confirmed and unconfirmed. Confirmed are where I will put all the combos that I've personally verified, I think video proof should be fine too. Unconfirmed are where supposed combos that have not yet been proven to 1hit go. We can work out the organization details as we go along.

faq

Q) What's a Mist Setup?

A) Anything the will force Mist (214P) on to your opponent.

Q) What does the Mist do?

A) The Mist will make your MistFiners (236P/K/S) unblockable.

Q) What is a 1-hit/Enkasu?

A) Ensenga is composed of two strikes. The first strike is untechable (except for some extreme cases.) The second strike is techable. A 1-hit, or Enkasu, means to hit with only the the first strike and getting the second strike to whiff. Thus, giving you a knockdown which you can use for a recoin or a Mist setup. The second strike lights your opponent on fire. You know you have hit with only the first strike when your opponent isn't set on fire.

Q) Even though I'm doing the right combo, why can't I get only the first hit, of Ensenga, to connect?

A) There's no general rule, for connecting an Enkasu, that will work for all setups. Each combo will have a different timing, and even the same combo can have different timings when done on different characters.

As you can see, I made no attempt to signify timing in any of the listed combos. The kind of timings we are talking about are incredibly minute. The difference of one combo done on one character to the same combo done on a different character can be as small as a 1/60th of a second. The best anyone can hope to describe these differences are as feelings. And what may feel short to one person might feel long to another. Instead I ask each of you to develop your own feel for the timings.

Q) So how do I get a feel for the timings?

A) Practice, practice, and more--repetitive--practice.

Personally, this is how I figure out the timings for these combos, or anything else really. First I start out by just doing it. If I consistently get it on my first few tries, then cool, the combo works under my natural rhythm.

Otherwise I start over, but this time doing everything as fast as I can, and as early as the game will allow. If I get it, then cool. It's a bitchy combo, but at least I know what I need to do.

If I still don't get it, then this is where I start adding delays. I pick one spot where I think delay might help and insert the smallest delay I can muster in that spot. If it still doesn't work, then I increase the delay. If now I have so much delay that the combo falls apart, I repeat the step on a new spot. And if that doesn't work, I start adding delays to two spots. Then three, four, etc.

the big list of mist setups

-- Corner Throw --

- No Tension -

throw, j.K-S-D>Enkasu

AB, AX, BA, BR, CH, DI, ED, IN, JA, KY, MA, MI, RO, SL, TE, VE

throw, j.P-S>dj.P-S-D>Enkasu

AB, BA, BR, CH, DI, IN, KY, SL, TE, VE

throw, j.P-S-D>Enkasu

BA, BR, IN, JA, RO, TE, etc?

throw, j.K-P-S-D>Enkasu

FA, PO, TE, ZA, etc?

throw, j.K-P-P-P-D>Enkasu

RO, TE, ZA, etc?

throw, j.K-S>dj.K-S-D>Enkasu

DI, KY, SL, etc?

throw, j.P-P-P-D>Enkasu

TE, RO

throw, j.P-P-S-D>Enkasu

FA, ZA

throw, coin, j.K-S-D>Enkasu

FA

- With Tension -

throw, sj.K>KJ(frc), K-D>Enkasu

AN, AX, JO

throw, j.S>KJ(frc) ad.K-D>Enkasu

AN, OR, SO

throw, j.K-j.S>dj.K-S>KJ(frc), D>Enkasu

AN, OR, SO

throw, j.K>KJ(frc), D>Enkasu

OR, SO

-- Midscreen Throw --

- With Tension -

throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, MSJH, Mist

CH(98), FA(79), JA(82), JO(79), TE(64)

throw, Coin, HMF3, Coin, d.2D(2)>Mist

JO(78), KY(76), TE(75), ZA(76?)

-- Corner MMF2 --

- No Tension -

K-HS>MMF2, Coin, iad.K-S-D, land, j.K-S>dj.K-S>D>Enkasu, land, Mist

AB(149)

Notes: K-HS omitable.

K-HS>MMF2, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Enkasu, land, Mist

BA(161), BR(143), DI(155), ED(143), MA(143)

- With Tension -

K-HS>MMF2, Coin, MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist

BA(165), BR(147), DI(159), FA(124), IN(145), JA(145), KY(142), MA(145), MI(168)

K-HS>MMF2, Coin, d.HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist

AB(136), BA(164), BR(165), DI(177), IN(164), JA(164), JO(157), KY(159), MI(188), OR(148), PO(133), RO(136), SO(157), TE(157), ZA(157)

-- Midscreen LMF2 --

- No Tension -

- With Tension -

unconfirmed

Corner throw, no tension

throw, j.P-K>dj.K-S-D>Enkasu

AN?, AX?, etc?

Mid to corner, no tension

throw, j.K-P-S>dj.S-HS>KJ(frc), ad.K-S-D>Enkasu

etc?

throw, j.P-S>dj.S-HS>KJ(frc), ad.K-S-D>Enkasu

etc?

throw, j.K-S>dj.S-HS>KJ(frc), ad.K-S-D>Enkasu

etc?

LMF2, j.7K-P-S>dj.K-S-D>Enkasu

TE?

Here's a couple to get things started. Anji, corner, ML1 Safe Mist: untested throw, HMF1, tkEnsenga Testament, mid-screen, about start position length apart, ML2 Safe Mist: untested LMF2, j7.K-P-S>dj.K-S-D>Ensenga I forgot to backup my big text file of 1hits when I was fixing up my computer. When I wake up, I'll see what else I can remember off my head.

Theres too many ways to get 1 hits. Start by making the most basic and important 1 hit. Corner Throw 1 hits yay. Faust corner throw, coin, j.k s d 1hit enkasu. lol you lost your list like me from HD format :psyduck:

Jam, anywhere Safe Mist: super-safe zomg throw, j.K > j.S > dj > j.S > j.HS > KJ FRC > j.D > Ensenga BV has the right idea, though. Let's concentrate on one type of 1-hit, then once that sub-category is finished, let's move onto another. I vote we start with throw 1-hits. Starting with corner, no tension. Then go to 25% tension corner throw 1-hits, then to 50% tension. Then we can do stuff like dash-jump 1-hits, then throw-coin 1-hits, etc. etc.

Well is this thread specifically for one-hits not already on the combo list? I would think most of the one hit combos from corner throw are already up there in the enkasu section. Anyways I have been trying to pick up johnny pretty hard lately so I can help out test/post things I see in videos, as lately I've been compiling a small list of combos on my own.

^

1 hit is getting the first hit of Ensenga to hit but the second part(Fire) to miss. This causes the opponent to fall without being able to tech unless... you did it really high up which is almost never the case.

This allows mixups with the knockdown, putting mist on them, or even a coin on alot of characters.

Although its not a huge part of his game now with the lag mist.. its still useful to know. Especially throw ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndnn_goEEuw

Example of some 1hits.

Yeah, there are alot of ways to land a 1-hit. I think the easier 1-hits (like the corner throw ones) would naturally get done first and that there isn't a need to direct people's efforts. But yeah sure, lets get them out of the way now. Especially since most of them we already have, they are just scattered around the forum.

is this thread specifically for one-hits not already on the combo list?

1hits from the combo thread, or any where else, are fine to bring here.

OK, thanks for the clarification... one from me Dizzy, in the corner throw > j.k > j.s > dj.k > j.s > j.d > Ensenga pretty easy one that I use :)

alright now for the 1-hits. these are all Confirmed

A.B.A

Mid Screen #1 - throw > dash/jump cancel > j.p > j.p > j.k > j.d > 1-hit

Mid Screen #2 - throw > dash/jump cancel > j.p > j.p > j.k > dj.k > j.p > j.k > j.d > 1-hit

Corner #1 - throw > j.k > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

Corner #2 - throw > j.k > j.p > j.k > j.d > 1-hit (looks fancy lol)

Corner #3 - throw > j.k > j.s > dj.k > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

Corner #4 - throw > j.p > j.k > j.s > dj.k > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

*coin follow-up = dash > 2k xx coin*

Anji

Mid Screens - None :(

Corner - throw > dash/jump cancel > j.p > j.k > j.s > j.d > 1-hit *HARD TIMING but it works* there are more corner 1-hits against anji but they use tension and my goal is to post up 1-hits that require no tension. The more tension JO has, the more dangerous he is, amirite?

*coin follow-up = 2s xx coin*

Axl

Mid Screens - None that i know of yet (i'll work on them a bit more, but so far zero)

Corner - throw > j.k > delay j.s > delay j.d > late 1-hit

*coin follow-up = 5HS xx coin, 2s xx coin, or 2p xx coin. Take your pick.*

Baiken

Mid Screen #1 - throw > dash/jump cancel > j.p > j.k > j.p > j.d > 1-hit

Mid Screen #2 - throw > dash/jump cancel > j.p > j.k > j.s > dj.k > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

Corner #1 - throw > j.p > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

Corner #2 - throw > j.p > j.s > dj.k > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

*no coin follow-up :( ... as if it's not hard enough to get this bitch coined in the first place*

Bridget

Mid Screen #1 - throw > dash/jump cancel > j.p > j.k > j.p > j.d > 1-hit

Mid Screen #2 - throw > dash/jump cancel > j.p > j.k > j.s > dj.k > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

Mid Screen #3 - throw > dash/jump cancel > j.p > j.p > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

Corner #1 - throw > j.p > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

Corner #2 - throw > j.k > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

*coin follow-up = 2p > 5p xx coin*

Chipp

Mid Screen #1 - throw > dash/jump cancel > j.p > j.p > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

Mid Screen #2 - throw > dash/jump cancel > j.p > j.k > j.s > dj.k > j.s > j.d > delay 1-hit

Corner #1 - throw > j.k > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

Corner #2 - throw > j.k > j.s > dj.k > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

Corner #3 - throw > j.p > j.s > j.d > 1-hit

*coin follow-up = 2p xx coin, 2p > 5p xx coin, 5HS xx coin, 3HS xx coin, 2s xx coin, 5k xx coin, c.5s xx coin. Pretty much anything will work on him.*

*more to come later*

Gotta post this before I forget it exists. vs Eddie Mid-Screen: throw > dash/jump cancel > j.p > j.k > j.s > jump > j.s > j.h > KJ FRC > j.d > delay 1-hit hotness. vs Potemkin Mid-Screen: throw > normal jump forward > j.p > j.k > jump > j.p > j.k > j.p > KJ FRC > j.d > 1-hit Really tough timing, and only 60 dmg. This combo is totally not useful. =/

I would just like to confirm that render's midscreen eddie combo is in fact hotness. Also, I was playing around with this today: vs. eddie in the corner TK ensenga(RC) > ad.j.k > j.d > land > j.k > j.s > dj.s > j.Hs > KJ(frc) > j.d > 1-hit 207 dmg for 75% tension but damn it looks sexy :) (216 dmg w/ adj.s first, but a little harder) just a silly combo, hehe

Can someone list some of the delay times ? I mean u have to wait until u see the opponents body kinda lies flat out? But if i delay to much after j.D the ensenga won't come out. Also a onehit for Sol in the pretty much standard combo after mflvl2 is : j.p,j.k, j.s, dj.s, j.h. Kj(frc) AD, k,s,D, enkasu either it is k,s,d or its just s,D cannot remember, i have no ps2 with gg on atm.

I was playing earlier today found vs. eddie anywhere K > S > Hs > L2MF(low) > j.k > j.s > KJ(frc) > j.d > enkasu I like it cause if the combo is started with eddie in the corner then he ends up right back in the corner. I have a feeling this one will work on other people too, but there's probably a better variation. Also, how can you one-hit anji?

I was playing earlier today found

vs. eddie

anywhere

K > S > Hs > L2MF(low) > j.k > j.s > KJ(frc) > j.d > enkasu

I like it cause if the combo is started with eddie in the corner then he ends up right back in the corner. I have a feeling this one will work on other people too, but there's probably a better variation.

Also, how can you one-hit anji?

Nice and sweet thing right there ;)

Anji is a difficult one i know that theese work:

Corner : Throw, MFlvl1High, Tk Ensenga (hard timing)

Corner : Throw, J.s, KJ(frc) AD, j.k, j.D,Ensenga (the jump slash part is hard)

Corner : Throw, j.D, AD, j.k, j.s, j.d, Ensenga (i think this one is the easiest)

Corner : Anypoke, MFlvl2mid, coin, IAD, j.p, j.k, j.d, Ensenga

(stylish shit, and what a lolbox anji has)

Corner : Throw, DashJC, j.p, j.k, j.s, j.d,Ensenga (mentioned earlier by tj3ss4):psyduck:

Midscreen 1hit : Jam : Dash Cancel Jump > PPKDE (No Delay) Aba : Dash Cancel Jump > PPKDE (No Delay) Dizzy : Dash Cancel Jump > PPKDE (No Delay) Ino : Dash Cancel Jump > PPKDE (No Delay) May : Dash Cancel Jump > PPKDE (Little Delay D<>E) Millia : Dash Cancel Jump > PPSDE (No Delay) Testament : Dash Cancel Jump > PKSDE (No Delay) Baiken : Dash Cancel Jump > PPKDE (No Delay) Bridget : Dash Cancel Jump > PPSDE (No Delay) Venom : Dash Cancel Jump > PKSDE (No Delay) Chipp : Dash Cancel Jump > PPKDE (No Delay) Eddie : Dash Cancel Jump > PPSDE (No Delay) No possibility to put a coin on OTG after 1 Hit. (Corner) -Baiken -Robo-Ky -Ky

corner throw, j.D>KJ(frc), ad.K-S-D>Ensenga JO I find it easier then what's posted at the top. Also, I bet this would also work on Anji and Axl, for anyone helping Nattak with his videos.

corner throw, j.D>KJ(frc), ad.K-S-D>Ensenga

JO

I find it easier then what's posted at the top.

Also, I bet this would also work on Anji and Axl, for anyone helping Nattak with his videos.

It is confirmed for Anji.It is featured in the Anji 1-hit video if you take a look at it.

have not tested on Axl yet, but it sounds like it will work.

Ok i give up... I tried it, if failed. I came here, read everything and gone for training again, yet again, i failed. I come back here again, watch the 1 hit vids(not bad btw), read again something about dash jump cancel, watch some more match vids. And then back to training mode again, but no use, another failure for me. I must be doing something wrong, yet i don't know what. I practice on Testament, and even for the very basic 1 hit, i just can't get it out. One of my though is that i haven't really gotten the dash jump cancel thing. i do it for now like: throw 669 j.p j.k j.s j.d Ensenga Help will be appreciate.

Ok i give up...

I tried it, if failed.

I came here, read everything and gone for training again, yet again, i failed.

I come back here again, watch the 1 hit vids(not bad btw), read again something about dash jump cancel, watch some more match vids. And then back to training mode again, but no use, another failure for me.

I must be doing something wrong, yet i don't know what. I practice on Testament, and even for the very basic 1 hit, i just can't get it out. One of my though is that i haven't really gotten the dash jump cancel thing. i do it for now like: throw 669 j.p j.k j.s j.d Ensenga

Help will be appreciate.

Do you get onehits from a throw in corner ?

A dashjump cancel after a throw is quite hard to do, this usualy midscreen.

You have about 1-3 frames to get the DJC done, this is character dependant.

Anyways, when you throw, watch johnny's arm carefully. when he almost has his left arm at neutral stance, input 669, then imidiate j.p ETC.

You should study some 1-hits in in corner. Watching where the ensenga hits, how big the ensenga is, and where johnny needs to be in air (how much you have to delay the ensenga)

If you see the ensenga 1-hit in slow motion, you can see a bottle of whiskey that johnny throws out and slashes. when he slashes, this is the kinda start of the first hit of the ensenga, and it etends some, before the second hit comes, and misses.

I think its in the beta video of my ensenga project, you can see a zoomed in slow-mo ensenga on ky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBno4BM9iHk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBno4BM9iHk

i belive someone else can explain this better than me,i hope it helps.

The most difficult task about E1H is the delay between the j.D and the Enesnga. In some characters you have to delay it as long as possible (1 or 2 frames before the recovery), and in other ones you can throw it out almos immediatly. It seems that you just need to practice some more the Johnny basics. The Ensaku vids are pretty informative, if you can´t make those ones, keep practicing until you master that shit. The light characters (Jam/Baiken/May) are the most easy sparrings for E1H, practice with those ones, and when you know in depth how the Ensaku combos work on those ones, the whole deal is just make variations of the same combos for specific characters and their weights / hitboxes.

Update from the mission: "Attempt to preform 1 hit" OMG i did it!! well, i did it twice in around hour or two of training, still haven't got the idea.. if i recall right, i succeed or Testament, with this combos corner throw, j.k j.p j.s j.d ensaku (only once) corner throw j.k j.s jc j.k j.s j.d ensaku (around twice..) mid screen throw, j.k j.s kj frc j.d ensaku(arm, a couple of times, but still can't say when it will come out and when not..) Is 1 hit depends only(technically) on the combo i decide to use and the timing between j.d and ensenga? (of course while i use the right combo for that character, in the right situation, like corner throw combo in, well, the corner, out of throw.. ) Just to make sure, there is no way to do those combos mindlessly, like mashing kps dj shsde for "normal" combos), is there?

some combo and character combinations are 'mindless', others aren't