Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

[AC] The List o' Mist Setups

How about try using 2K? That's what I use for low during Okizemi. If Jam loves to parry, put more low attacks on your pressure...simple. After once or twice beating her parry with low attacks to 30~40% life combos, it will teach her not to parry recklessly.

That leaves them with the ability to jump out of the unblockable, granted this is because i cant seem to get 2k to be meaty, but it doesnt have alot of active frames :|

You're pretty much going to need to FRC the mist all the time, if you want any sort of meaty. It's why you sometimes see Johnny's just not bother to do the mist.

Yeah ive been messing around with the meaty attacks after enkasus, the corner mmf2 coin iad > ksd enkasu allows for meaty mists, but throw ksd enkasus dont unless you FRC the mist. jump throw combos absolutely need mist frcs as well.

Just a couple of thoughts on ways to mix up your MF on that Jam... No one's mentioned 2S, which is a great normal to lay down on a Jam (or Slayer!) waking up into the mist. Jam players can either parry or backdash, but in both cases they're expecting a certain timing. Instead of letting out that MF as soon as you can, go into the MF stance and hold it for just a little longer before letting go. (EDIT: haha, already mentioned above) You can also just do the low MF instead, which might not lead into another mist setup but will get you plenty of damage. Like Chomite said - mix it up a little and Jam will stop being cocky enough to try to parry.

Just a couple of thoughts on ways to mix up your MF on that Jam...

No one's mentioned 2S, which is a great normal to lay down on a Jam (or Slayer!) waking up into the mist.

Jam players can either parry or backdash, but in both cases they're expecting a certain timing. Instead of letting out that MF as soon as you can, go into the MF stance and hold it for just a little longer before letting go. (EDIT: haha, already mentioned above)

You can also just do the low MF instead, which might not lead into another mist setup but will get you plenty of damage.

Like Chomite said - mix it up a little and Jam will stop being cocky enough to try to parry.

2s and 2d are definitely current favorites for wakeup on misted jams, worked out rather well.

snip

holy crap thanks.

the 5H and 2D really make all the difference.

edit: okay, so i finally had some time to try this combo out.

1. on OS and SO, jackhound doesn't land after dash -> 5H. it'll land after dash -> c.S, but then the 2D timing is different.

2. on MA, she techs out of the jackhound's float effect before she's in range for 2D.

3. not a problem i'm having with the combo, but it's incredibly easy to do on JO. i mean braindead easy :psyduck:. the timing for 2D is so lenient that even if you screw up slightly and end up turning the beat meter black, he still can't tech out of it.

Anyone got a tensionless corner throw that works on Order-Sol? Just picked up Johnny so my timing is awful. Tried out j.K-S-D-E but even with, what I thought, was a good delay I got 2hits so I assume it doesn't work on OR. I'll go back to trying to 1-hit SL now though :vbang:

Sol and Order-Sol don't have a tensionless corner throw 1-hit. Just RC your Ensenga.

I found 1 this morning for sol. but its a tight one, u have to be NEAR a corner for it to work. Throw -> Dashjumpcancel, p,p,k,d,ensenga Sols body needs to be 90* and you aim for the bottom of his shoe. Sol stands tall at the moment he hits the wall from the j.D, that is where push ensenga. When practicing 1-hits on him, he reminds me more and more of AXL.

not sure if this has been posted yet and it works on most characters(harder for aba and roky) but after a Low mflvl2 you can enkasu and recoin or mist(mist my need frc to make it safe). i haven't tested it in a while but i'm pretty sure it works. hard to test things since i don't have my ps2 anymore..:vbang:

not sure if this has been posted yet and it works on most characters(harder for aba and roky) but after a Low mflvl2 you can enkasu and recoin or mist(mist my need frc to make it safe). i haven't tested it in a while but i'm pretty sure it works. hard to test things since i don't have my ps2 anymore..:vbang:

do you mean just turning a combo into a one hit and doing a 2P -> OTG recoin?

i used to do it to get a knockdown if my mf was at lvl2..i never really combo'd before or after..just to mix things up if i'm being pressured or i'd like to move someone into the corner. depending on how far you are from the corner you can low mflvl2->tk enkasu->mist frc or 2p coin which leaves them in the corner and gets your lvl2 back. low mflvl2->tk enkasu works all the time but its more effective when your back is close to the corner because it leaves them in the corner and you ready to start your next attack..sorry if this doesn't answer what you were asking but i was a little confused by the question..im a little off today..sorry.

i used to do it to get a knockdown if my mf was at lvl2..i never really combo'd before or after..just to mix things up if i'm being pressured or i'd like to move someone into the corner. depending on how far you are from the corner you can low mflvl2->tk enkasu->mist frc or 2p coin which leaves them in the corner and gets your lvl2 back. low mflvl2->tk enkasu works all the time but its more effective when your back is close to the corner because it leaves them in the corner and you ready to start your next attack..sorry if this doesn't answer what you were asking but i was a little confused by the question..im a little off today..sorry.

don't sweat it.

it just seems to me like it would make more sense to do a combo ending in an RC ensenga (KSKS -> RC ensenga, for example), that way you still net decent damage and can still recoin.

very true..i see what you mean..i'd do it if i wasn't pressed for coins..the joy of it is that it doesn't use tension and more often than not you can recoin and it disrupts pressure from your oppenent..like a rythym killer..i use it to turn the tables rather than the damage aspect..

So I've been working on my corner enkasus lately in training mode and I've been wondering; does anyone else have trouble landing it in the corner opposite to your dominant hand? For example; I'm right-handed and can nail the enkasu 70% of the time in the right corner, but in the left I barely make it 10%. Any advice on how I can overcome this little hiccup? Oddly enough I have no problem landing my bnb combos anywhere on the screen; it's just the enkasus.

More practice. You probably do Ensengas a little slower on my side then the other, and that little speed difference never matters intill you try 1hits.

not sure if this was posted yet: with opponent just out of corner - k-s-hs-MSJH-2k-2s-LMF2-tk enkasu-mist(frc). i'm not sure of the damage but i can check later.

LMF2 to tkEnsenga is an easy 1-hit and all, but it leaves you with no powered up Mist Finer to take advantage of the Mist. You can do 2D>Mist after the MSJH. You get to keep your Lv2 and it'll save you an FRC.

today i finally overcame what is by far johnny's most frustrating input barrier; corner mist finer -> coin -> iad -> combo. only problem is that while i can finally input (buffer? it's honestly happening so fast i can't tell which it is) iad quickly enough for it to come out, i don't know the one hit combos to follow it up with. i can land ksde, but that ends up landing both hits (this is regardless of which character i do it on). so are there any video guides specifically for these combos out there? it helped me a lot with my one hits to be able to pause videos at certain points so i could visually confirm when i should start the combo off of a throw, and it would certainly help here.

so are there any video guides specifically for these combos out there?

There wasn't, but there is now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE1HPbMPPLA

I just went through, starting at the upper-left of the character select screen, and tried combos for everyone. When ever I found a 1-hit the worked on one character, I recorded it and repeated on all characters. I did this in till I found a 1-hit combo for everyone. This is not an exhaustive list.

The combo was done with the exact same timing for all characters with in the same bracket group.

Stared characters means that particular timing is not featured in the video.

K-HS>MMF2, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Ensenga, land, Mist

[AB*, AN, AX, BA, CH, DI, FA, IN, JO, KL, KY, MA, MI, OR, PO, SL, SO, ZA, ]

[bA*, BR*, CH*, DI*, ED, IN*, JU, KL*, MA*, VE]

[bR, JA]

K-HS>MMF2, Coin, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Ensenga, land, Mist

[AB, RO, ZA]

K-HS>MMF2, Coin, sj.ad.K-S-D>Ensenga, land, Mist

[JA]

K-HS>MMF2, Coin, Coin, sj.ad.P-S-D>Ensenga, land, Mist

[AB, DI, KY, SL, TE]

excuse the chop

All right, back to my school work.

edit: I wrote the last combo wrong. It's should be P-S-D, not K-S-D. It's corrected now.

that video was INCREDIBLY useful. when i did it right the first time i seriously jumped out of my seat and did a fucking fistpump. thanks a bunch 4r5.

a bit of follow up for anyone having the same issue i was. when i was first able to iad after the coin, i was confused as to whether or not i was buffering the iad.

(buffer? it's honestly happening so fast i can't tell which it is)

well, thirty consecutive corner enkasus later, i can tell you that the only way you'll land the j.K quick enough to get into enkasu position is to buffer iad as quickly as you can. turns out before i was inputting the iad a few frames later than i should've been, though it makes all the difference.

so basically right as the coin is coming out, input iad. you need to be relatively high in order for the j.D to put your opponent in the correct position for the enkasu and this is the way to ensure that happens.

the coin bounces the opponent to the ideal height for the enkasu. so with that in mind in some circumstance u might have to delay slightly or at least until u see the maximum bounce of your opponent induced by the coin prior to the iad. I find using p work just as well..brings u a tad closer but obviously not as easy to connect due to the smaller hit-box. okay moving on. have we discuss enkasu off coin 6k dbfrc k,s,d,e? i got it working on med weight class but i doubt it'll work on the light class. this setup deals more dmg and brings back fond memory of the golden JO era.