Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

[AC] The List o' Mist Setups

Depends on the person - how much they practice a certain combo (and against which characters most), or how often they play against certain characters in matches... certain things just become mindless because you do them so often, while others only come up every once in a while and you have to actively think about them. Johnny's combos have become very character specific in AC - moreso than ever before IMO - and you either need to practice against almost every character, or you need to be in a community where every character is played.

Update 2 from the mission: "Attempt to preform 1 hit" ok, I think i need help to get "self feedback" What i mean is, that i don't know what I do wrong while trying to preform the 1 hit. I'll give example with the two common 1 hit i practice for now(against Testament) corner throw j.k j.s j.d ensenga (i try other version like j.p j.s j.d and j.k j.p j.s j.d) Now, i can't tell what I'm doing wrong buy the result of the combo, sometimes i get 2 hits, other times i get only the 2nd hit(but still 1hit!!), else the ensenga won't come out (which mean i probably delayed it too much). now, i can't tell when i end the combo where i did wrong, did i jump too early? did my delay between j.d and ensenga was too long/short? etc.. any help with that? the 2nd combo I practice is mid throw, j.k j.s kj frc j.d ensenga here again, i can't tell where i did wrong but the result of the combo (2 hit, none, 2nd hit only etc..) help with this one too? Sorry for asking so many question, It seems that everybody here see those as trivial combos.. (oh well I am jam's player... only used to loops and such...)

Practice on Dizzy, she is by far the easiest character to 1-hit. Simple corner throw, j.KSDE works fine specially in order to get accustomed. Just do corner throw into 1-hit a lot of times until you do that consistantly. Then you can try other chars/category. Same thing, a lot of training, that may take some time. You will eventually begin to get the feeling of it, to know when you must delay or not, if you are too high, not deep enough and so on. Reading dash jump, KJ FRC IAD into 1-hit etc. is just going to confuse you if you begin. Just stick to the basics first and don't give up. "Keep the faith alive" mate.

a little late I guess but... If your going to be practicing against testament in the corner, I always use: throw > j.k > j.p > j.p > j.d > enkasu seems to be the easiest for me to do anyways because if you connect with the KPP part then the 1-hit is easy to get. IDK just something to try out I guess, I remember when I couldn't one hit even on Dizzy :( ps. Jam's my favorite character to one hit :) I even devised a double one hit combo against her and it is epic..... and totally useless hehe

Can someone make a list with the characters where recoin (2+S, 236+HS) doesn't work after a corner ensaku?

RoboKy-Baiken-Ky Some times other chars can't be recoin in fonction of the set-up (Joh for ex)

i use ppkde against testement as p feels more responsive and easier to time. dunno why when i was learning the 1hit i had more trouble with the light chars than med or heavy lo.

On a side note, there is a topic here on DL gathering all that kind of informations thanks to RedBeard. For instance, part 2.08), OTG recoin :

> Johnny AC Gameplay specifics <

Though, it may be subject to changes or you can prefer different setups or re-coin.

Indeed, recoin also depends on the 1-hit setup that's why when training, it is good to do both at the same time, you'll know for sure the recoin works with the 1-hit.

Sometimes for a certain char, you have to re-coin a different way according to the 1-hit setup though some others may have a general re-coin gatling, no matter the setup.

Can someone give me some tips on landing the 1-Hit more consistently? Sometimes I hit once, other times twice and others I get no ensenga at all. What's the delay like? Should I delay the Dust or should I input the HCF motion while hitting Dust, then press HS for Ensenga? Hope you can help.

The delay is almost always between j.D and Ensenga. If you get no Ensenga, then you delayed too long. If you get the Ensenga, but it didn't 1-hit, then you may not have delayed long enough, or there are issues else where. Timing and leniency is different for each character and each combo. Tell us the character and combo you are trying to do and we'll be able to help you better.

A good dummy for u to train 1 hit after throw is Slayer (or maybe Millia). I find him the hardest of all chars that can be 1 hitted except sol,os, an of course. Do throw, jP-jS-"delay" jD-"delay" ensenga. Give it a try and see if it helps you. Im currently training on that also ^^

The delay is almost always between j.D and Ensenga. If you get no Ensenga, then you delayed too long. If you get the Ensenga, but it didn't 1-hit, then you may not have delayed long enough, or there are issues else where.

Timing and leniency is different for each character and each combo. Tell us the character and combo you are trying to do and we'll be able to help you better.

OK here are the characters I fight most frequently. You don't have to help with all, any would do:

KY (mid-screen throw): jK, jS KJ FRC, jD, Enkasu

Robo-KY (mid, corner throw): No fuckin' clue what to do with this heavy ass SOB. I try the above KY combo but I never get it.

Slayer: This guy is a pain, as stated by D4. I'm trying a corner jK, jS, jD, Enkasu

Axl: Same as Slayer

Jam: (mid-screen thow) jP, jK, jD, Enkasu (this one randomly works, I miss more than I connect)

Anji: Same as above

Venom: Same as Slayer

Thanks!

U mean 1 hit from a throw or a combo? Personally i try to master 1 hits from throws and corner lvl2 MF-K which i find to be the most useful cases. So about throw 1 hits u can check the first page of this topic where 4r5 writes about it.

Edited my post to clarify that all combos are off of throws. I did read the start of the topic, but my main concern is the timing from jD to Ensenga for each character so tips would still be greatly appreciated!

Slayer and Venom are pretty easy to Ensaku. In the corner: Throw, j.PSD, E1H You have to delay both S-D and D-Ensenga in order to get it right. It's pretty easy once you get the timming. There's also a "easy way", wich also works on most mid weight characters: In the corner: Throw, j.PS, jc.PS, KJ (frc), j.D, E1H Waste of metter, but in case you have enough to kill with the following combo, it's a good way out if you're not confindent on your delaying skills.

I know that 1hitting is important, but then how come we only list how to do them after a throw? 1hitting Ky off of a 6P for example requires different timing than a throw. Is it just that we as JO players get corner throws more often?

Nothing to do with how often. Throws are just less variable. They're easy to figure out and easy to communicate to others. Are you in the corner? Then throw them and do this combo. Are you out of the corner? Then throw them and do this other combo. 1hits off of throws are very discrete, yes or no. The only thing you have to worry yourself with is timing. 1hits off of any other moves get a bit more ambiguous. Did I hit him too deep? Too shallow? Counterhit? Am I too close to the corner? Am I too far? Too high? Too low? Lots of things you have to take in to account. And we haven't even touched on timing, which may change depending on how you hit them; or maybe even the whole combo changes. As you can see, these extra variables make non-throw setups hard to communicate and test. Really you could probably produce a 1hit off of any move, given the right variables. Looking back on this topic, I should of limit this thread to just the basic BnB setups, and not limit it to just 1hits, but any combo that sets up a Mist. So I guess I'll do that. Now that my stick is fixed (and hopefully it'll stay fixed) I can get back to what I started 6 some months ago.

4r5 is right. Besides corner throws, other setups that lead to a E1H are kinda variable on multiple factors. You just need to have enough experience to figure out if you can get the E1H at certain points of certain combo, or if it's better to go for maximum damage due to the difficulty of getting the ensaku at that point. Improvisation is the key.

-If your in Air, and do KJ(frc), just do j.hs when your close to the ground, then lay down the mist. -6k (CH) mist -2d, mist -actualy in pressure, just add the mist even if blocked, fucks em up ;) -Just do the mist whenever you feel like, there is a good chance your opponent will catch it anyways.

Actually, I used to drop a mist whenever I felt like it. Although it did add some pressure, it also leaves you wide open and you almost have to FRC it most of the time. Really a little too dangerous.

In corner,with lvl2 K-HS>MMF2, Coin, dash, HS>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist ABA Sol Johnny Ky Order-Sol Testament Zappa K-HS>MMF2, Coin, dash, HS>MSJH, 2D(1)>Mist Baiken Bridget Jam K-HS>MMF2, Coin, dash, f.S>MSJH, 2D(2)>Mist Dizzy (only 1 hit of 2D + do 2D faster ?) May Still fooling around with it. I think I can get it to work on everyone by just changing the time of the 2D

The 2hit 2D works on more i think with an easy timing (Like Dizzy i think). I though it was impossible to hit some characters with 2D (2) (Slayer for example) but i did it once after like a million tries :P