Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Yayoi General - Gameplay Discussion

In all the videos I've been watching, I've been seeing Tsubaki players routinely go for the air combo ender instead of the 236B>214B>22B one. Anyone know why?

I have been constantly asking myself this but at this stage it may be difficult to tell.

Hopefully something will pop up soon...

In all the videos I've been watching, I've been seeing Tsubaki players routinely go for the air combo ender instead of the 236B>214B>22B one. Anyone know why?

In one vid, someone tried it and it bluebeat at 236B. No clue if he delayed it too long or if it's only possible from certain starters now.

As for charge, it doesn't seem too bad, just noticeably more difficult. It is still relatively early, though, and there still aren't that many vids of her, so who knows.

Some impressions of Tsubaki from the loketest thread. Thanks to Isuna for translating it.

Tsubaki

Character that has been hit by a giant nerf #2, she won't get any gauge.

Combo damage is altogether lowered, her trusted [feint] 5B even got quite the [hitstop] and is hard to use.

The possibilities of the bonuses of [Haseiyoku] and 3C amongst others is being researched. Will she be able to cope?

The last line makes me think they're still trying things out with her but haven't found anything or if they did find something, they haven't found the most optimal way to use her tools yet atm.

EDIT: The words in brackets are the words he wasn't sure about while translating.

pktazn

Some impressions of Tsubaki from the loketest thread. Thanks to Isuna for translating it.

Tsubaki

Character that has been hit by a giant nerf #2, she won't get any gauge.

Combo damage is altogether lowered, her trusted [feint] 5B even got quite the [hitstop] and is hard to use.

The possibilities of the bonuses of [Haseiyoku] and 3C amongst others is being researched. Will she be able to cope?

I think Haseiyoku is 214214D. From what I'm seeing is that options are far more limited now than CS2. Her big dmg revolves around getting 50 meter and a few stocks. But wasn't Tsu kinda like that in CS1? Kishida was able to get decent dmg around 4K using 1 stock haseiyoku and an unblockable so there's some hope but less hope in serious competition.

I think Haseiyoku is 214214D. From what I'm seeing is that options are far more limited now than CS2. Her big dmg revolves around getting 50 meter and a few stocks. But wasn't Tsu kinda like that in CS1?

Unfortunately I was never big on using Mugen because I believed getting a certain amount of damage (being little) at the cost of some stock and 50% heat wasn't worth it. It is why I haven't been completely looking forward to what they have done with it in EX.

However, it does call for change, and I must adapt, so I will use it. On the side note, it means more varied and flashy looking combos all doing higher damage. I can't really be stingy with EX Tsubaki it seems haha.

Kiba

Unfortunately I was never big on using Mugen because I believed getting a certain amount of damage (being little) at the cost of some stock and 50% heat wasn't worth it. It is why I haven't been completely looking forward to what they have done with it in EX.

Oh man, when you wrote that, that reminded me of what they're talking about in the Relius forums in terms of big dmg except it's depending on ignis' hp, but they can get away with it in so many ways.

it means more varied and flashy looking combos all doing higher damage.

Either that or...

post-13792-139515164352_thumb.jpg

Ultimately I guess I'm just stingy, but I do like change and I'm really looking forward to anything new with her!

Of course I'm entertained though! I really can't wait to see future vids.

Mugen is crap; It's like putting a huge sign on your forehead that says 'Just burst this combo so I waste ALL my resources.'. And since Tsubaki doesn't seem to be able to do decent damage without it, odds are, people are going to have a burst for you.

Though truthfully, I haven't seen anyone do a mugen combo worth repeating anyway.

'Just burst this combo so I waste ALL my resources.'

...part of the reason why I want to get some concrete grasp on which characters/players will most likely burst.

I find it extremely difficult to have a concrete discussion without alot of changes going on.

But I can say it looks like we'll have to work alot harder in our combos.

I have to admit that I'm really excited to try out air mugen combos lol. But yea, it's easier to talk about her changes and discuss if we could just play her ourselves and figure out what's different instead of waiting for video footage.

...part of the reason why I want to get some concrete grasp on which characters/players will most likely burst.

Er...not really following what you're looking for here?

When someone bursts out, all momentum is lost, and you pretty much have to start from neutral or be combo into. If one player is already at a disadvantage eg. hp wise and needs that mugen to land a killing blow, then one burst is all it takes to lose a round. But, anyway, enough with brooding, I'm looking forward to charge canceling and poking since I heard cc works better now. On 5C, it seemed to catch people in the air and a tao ca. I'm curious on what the frames are on that. Also, I'm wondering if 236C can OTG if it's not after a throw. If it does, there's a possible corner carry for that. In CS2, you can rc throw or not just to get 236c to hit.

What if 5C had invincibility? It would explain why it went through Tao's CA.

If it's hitting air opponents too, then it may be a good AA now? Since it has more range and a bigger hitbox...

What if 5C had invincibility? It would explain why it went through Tao's CA.

If it's hitting air opponents too, then it may be a good AA now? Since it has more range and a bigger hitbox...

I think there's just something wonky with Tao's CA. I've seen Hazama attack right through it too. It was either 5B or 5C, but I don't think either of those have invincibility...

I think there's just something wonky with Tao's CA. I've seen Hazama attack right through it too. It was either 5B or 5C, but I don't think either of those have invincibility...

Ah alright. Thanks for the clarification! Then again I don't really think her 5C needs anymore buffs tbh haha.

Watching Rarara in Mizonokuchi and noticed that our 6A is now a fatal (Jourdal is uploading the event). Added the change to the front page.

EDIT: God why don't we have this game yet :gonk:

I thought we already knew about the 6A fatal; I saw it in one of the Hakumen matches early on, and it was a definitive change from the loktests...

Doesn't seem real useful, but I guess we'll take what's given to us and like it. :P

I didn't notice it and I don't think anyone mentioned it beforehand :p

I'm sure we can figure something out with it. I like to approach new things with "What can we do with this."

EDIT: Nope, you mentioned it in the video thread and I missed it. My bad.

I don't think the nerfs hurt as bad as ppl thinking. All this reminds me of is back when cs2 first came out. All the ppl crying cus Jin got nerfed. Then he ended up top tier lol I'm sure there's alot of crazy shit just waiting to be found out ^^ I'm excited for the new tsubaki

I don't think the nerfs hurt as bad as ppl thinking. All this reminds me of is back when cs2 first came out. All the ppl crying cus Jin got nerfed. Then he ended up top tier lol I'm sure there's alot of crazy shit just waiting to be found out ^^ I'm excited for the new tsubaki

^ This.

Pretty much why I havent started posting much feedback yet. It's still too early to deem EX Tsu as anything yet. I'm still giving things more time as I'm sure others are too. It's not like we've seen "that much" outside of a few noticable hitbox and frame differences. Most of what we've seen have been pretty basic, as far as combos go.