Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Stormlocke

Robo vs Axl

Matchup Statistics

Japanese Ranking: 4.5-5.5 in Axl's favor.

Openers: Many Axl players like to start off the round with 'that move where he jumps over/behind you'. If you anticipate this, jump diagonally toward with J.p. If it connects, hit confirm into air combo.

Okizeme: Opponent's tension is below 50% = 5p/5k

Opponent's tension is @ or above 50% = 5p/5k

Punishes:

Counters:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan: A smart Axl player is going to use his long reach to prevent you from making 236s Air Missiles. Don't be predictable with them, only use them after a knockdown, or when the opponent is blocking something else like your 236s Bazooka.

Strategy: Instant Block and save up tension for Level 3 Horsie. This will be your go to move in this matchup. Robo-Dash every once and awhile if you can get enough speed going to wreck long range pokes if you've got a good read on your opponent. Try and bait his counters with 5p and 2p.

Char specific details:

I actually brought up this matchup because my biggest competition is an Axl. I just can't seem to get in on him. I'll stay a full screen away and Missile him, but he usually just stuffs me. Tips?

What is he using on you, I see np on how to get on axl (most characters have that problem against him). Usually ill play on a matt till he comes to me then wait till he makes a mistake.

Depending on how High I jump, he'll run up a little bit and use the 6k and the 5p Generally, it's quick enough to knock me out of the sky, and run up for some bomber combos. I'm still learning Robo, but yeah.

I usually dont try and jump in on axl, atleast if I do, I should have tension to FD just in case. He shouldnt be stuffing ur lvl 3 missles if u do em low to the ground.

Yeah, playing air to ground is suicide against Axl with almost any character. Staying low and punishing mistakes should be your gameplan to get in, and once you're in, try to keep going with your offense. Running away only takes the heat off of Axl, making it his game. 80%+ heat rushdown and tick-command grab mixup in particular are harder for Axl to deal with than it is for most other characters. Use that to your advantage.

Yo DW, Axl jsut needs to 2k and tick-command trow setup. Robo ky command grab is pretty shitty compared to other command throws. But everything else is true. You can Block (might have to IB) axl 2hs~6HS setup, then do a lvl 3 SRK.

i know alot of axl players that sit back and just do that jab poke and the ground poke....well....when i use order sol i just use gunflame and it hits the tip of his weapon but it counts as a hit....havent tested this theory but i think maybe 6p for robo ky could do the same thing.....

i know alot of bad axl players that sit back and just do that jab poke and the ground poke....well....when i use order sol i just use gunflame and it hits the tip of his weapon but it counts as a hit....havent tested this theory but i think maybe 6p for robo ky could do the same thing.....

Fixed that for you.

Yes, all of Axl's long-range jabs (Including those two, 6K, and to a lesser extent, 2S and 2H) have hitboxes, just like Dhalsim's arms in Street Fighter. You could probably hit them with 6P no problem, in fact, I know you can. The problem is that any Axl worth his salt knows this, and isn't throwing out chains at random. 5P won't even hit Robo-Ky in neutral, so why throw it out? :v:

Openers: Many Axl players like to start off the round with 'that move where he jumps over/behind you'. If you anticipate this, jump diagonally toward with J.p. If it connects, hit confirm into air combo.

Just as planned... :lol: