Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leo7

Farewell to CS2 - Results - Nov 13th, 2011

Arcana Heart 3

1 MadScientist : $45.50

2 Bill307 : $13.00

3 Deus : $6.50

4 Sanasanasan

5 Raynex

5 K2

7 Zeero

7 Akugi

9 Kousaka

9 CenLX

9 Ernovaku

9 Leo7 (Forfeited)

13 Eseph

Melty Blood Actress Again (not Current Code)

1 Sanasanasan : $28.00

2 MadScientist : $8.00

3 Kaaai : $4.00

4 Kousaka

5 Bill307

5 K2

7 B2

7 Zeero

9 Leo7

9 Sorja1

BlazBlue

1 DeadliestxXx : $59.50

2 Kousaka : $17.00

3 Linear04 : $8.50

4 Roldy

5 Fugu

5 WorldJem7

7 Leo7 (Forfeited)

7 Zeero

9 Poiyo

9 Akuun

9 MadScientist

9 DioBrando

13 Kellfire

13 Magus

13 Sorja1

13 Ernovaku

17 K2

Guilty Gear

1 Jabir : $45.50

2 DioBrando : $13.00

3 Sorja1 : $6.50

4 K2

5 Kousaka

5 Sanasanasan (Forfeited)

7 Roldy

7 DeadliestxXx (Forfeited)

9 Magus

9 Leo7 (Forfeited)

9 Linear04 (Forfeited)

9 Zeero (Forfeited)

13 Kaaai

Big thanks to Russell, A&C and Vince for hosting and streaming the event.

Big thanks to Waterloo for showing up and providing a bunch of equipment and showing how serious they are.

Thanks to all the local Toronto players for showing up and supporting the games.

I admit I bit off more than I could chew, and we went overtime by around 45 minutes.

Guilty Gear ended up causing the most problems since I only had one set-up for that, and most of the players ended up being too busy in other games so I'll take that into account next time. I ended up having to ask the weaker players (+ Pui who's not very weak in gear at all) to forfeit , and I don't really agree with that so thanks to everyone who willingly gave up their game, I will try to make it up to you next time I see you guys.

UMvC3 was kind of a distracting problem too heh. Really wanted to play that the entire time.

GGs everyone. I think we need a bit more practice to get off the rust, it's been forever since we last played.

Gimme my Reliussssssss >_<

Hey ggs to everyone. Was fun learning Arcana! Just a question, did all the 9th place for AH3 go 1-2? Cause I didnt know they did, I just know I did.

good to see waterloo guys are serious about gaming, fk UT

wait, i think only toronto fighters aren't serious, just look at MTL community.

Last place for bb, woot, i promise to get my run away skills back when bbex comes out.

Vince, you gave my pad to Pui? or you can just give it back to me next time we meet up.

gratz to all the winners

good to see waterloo guys are serious about gaming, fk UT

wait, i think only toronto fighters aren't serious, just look at MTL community.

Last place for bb, woot, i promise to get my run away skills back when bbex comes out.

Vince, you gave my pad to Pui? or you can just give it back to me next time we meet up.

gratz to all the winners

Dont worry, I lost as much as u did. As far as Im concerned we're in the "not-as-good" group together. :) Will I ever catch up in this game. :( Oh well, we'll see. :)

GG's guys, i don't' remember the last time i had so much fun playing melty~ i guess it was trying to learn the game just before going to NEC last year lol ^_^

Man, what a fantastic event. Big thanks to everyone who entered MBAA and AH3. I hope it was a fun event for everyone!

(Btw Leo, you've got the MBAA winners backwards: Sanasanasan came 1st and MadScientist was 2nd.)

My apologies for letting MBAA and AH3 slip behind in the schedule. I should have found some more co-directors (in addition to Leo) to continue calling matches while he and I were busy. DeuS/Oscar and Greg also helped me out by recording matches with my camera, so thanks to them for that.

For people who missed the stream, it's all recorded here. I believe Vince will be uploading them to Youtube later as well?

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/videos

Shoutouts:

- Vince: thanks again for the stream! It looks very professional.

- Leo: thanks for organizing the event and running most of it. None of this awesomeness could've happened without your initiative.

- A&C Games: you guys have a great venue. Thanks for hosting us, even though we ran into overtime. I think everyone in Waterloo is interested in coming to any future "anime fighters" tournaments that you guys host.

- Pui, K2, Kousaka: good to see you guys again. Thanks for adding to the MB and AH hype!

- Kaaai, B2: it's been a while since I've seen Kaaai and I don't remember if I ever met B2 before... maybe once at Baod's old place in Toronto? Glad you guys could make it out for Melty!

- Raynex: it was great meeting you and talking about Arcana at almost every opportunity. I'm looking forward to seeing your Kamui and/or Saki at the next event. Hopefully you can start a healthy scene in Toronto! (For what it's worth, the AH1 scene in Waterloo used to be me and 1 other guy, lol. But perseverance and AH3 being awesome really helped the scene grow... to a whole ~5 guys!) Let us know the next time you're Waterloo and we'll see if we can arrange some Arcana.

- Worldjem, Ernovaku, Amedeo, Ernie, Esef: it was great to meet another community of guys who are also enthusiastic about AH3! Again, I hope you guys can all start a scene for the game in Toronto. You're also welcome to come up to Waterloo on a Saturday or for any events we host in the future. Looks like registration on Homing Cancel is working again, so we can all communicate in the dedicated topic there.

Hopefully we can have events like this more frequently. :)

My apologies for letting MBAA and AH3 slip behind in the schedule. I should have found some more co-directors (in addition to Leo) to continue calling matches while he and I were busy.

It's ok Bill. BB/GG slipped behind as well, but after looking at it, this was more of a logistics problem where there were players in every bracket (and the lack of PS2 sticks didn't really help either). I ended up forfeiting in each game to keep the tourney running faster, and while having more people calling matches would have been nice, it wouldn't have helped too much IMO, and I pretty much know where the problems stemmed for now lol.

Fun stuff guys!

- Shoutouts to RXS for the stream

- Shoutouts to Marvel

- Shoutouts to Dee Jay

- Shoutouts to GG (Still the best game ever)

Ggs everyone, barely played any of you since I spent my whole time playing Tetris Attack. Shoutouts to Linear for putting me into losers and then knocking me out of the tournament.

Thanks for running everything as usual Leo, still kinda pissed we didn't even get to finish a complete game.

We did Fugu! We played 2 full games! Edit: Actually it was 1 now that I think about it lol.

And Tetris Attack is godlike, but I lost all my chain skills lol. I need to go to A&C more often and practice then.

Shout outs to TTT_RSX (yes on purpose lol) for streaming the event.

Shout outs to A&C for hosting this event

Shout outs to Leonardo the 7th for running 4 tournaments and the brackets (you deserve some soju)

Shout outs to Russell for bringing the best game of all time and trolling/bashing me

Shout outs to Jabir for being hated on by me for mercy

Shout outs to $13.50, gotta feed some mouths some how lol

Shout outs to K2 for bringing the BEST PAD I ever put my hands upon, the D-Pad was worn out to perfection and the buttons had the best sensitivity. GAWDLIKE!! Wanted to steal it for myself lol.

Shout outs to everyone, long time no see and had a blast.

I apologize for anything offensive I said, if I didn't thats cool. Its all for jokes and laughs.

K2: I gave your Playstation Pad to Pui.

Shoutouts to MadScientist for getting the stream MAD! I enjoyed watching the AH3 finals the most from this event, streamed it at work lol. Gratz on the win man.

- Too_Free ;)

We did Fugu! We played 2 full games! Edit: Actually it was 1 now that I think about it lol.

And Tetris Attack is godlike, but I lost all my chain skills lol. I need to go to A&C more often and practice then.

Oh yeah you're right. I honestly forgot, I just remember the game being turned off in the middle of the game.

Aand Tetris Attack IS godlike. Any time you want to lose at something for awhile I'll be glad to take you on.

EDIT: Ggs Poiyo, I played you but I couldn't for the life of me remember your name during our match =/

Shoutouts to MadScientist for getting the stream MAD! I enjoyed watching the AH3 finals the most from this event, streamed it at work lol. Gratz on the win man.

- Too_Free ;)

Ah, so it was you and LaN who turned the Will of the People against me in the finals!

But I don't blame you for my loss. I blame myself for not using the Steindo Gate handshake.

- Too_Free ;)

STREAM CHAT GETTING SO MAD!

Shout outs to me not being able to go because of 6 people and only 5 seats in the car:(.

STREAM CHAT GETTING SO MAD!

Shout outs to me not being able to go because of 6 people and only 5 seats in the car:(.

You could have squeezed. You're a rather small guy. lol