Sign in to follow this  
Tong

[CSE] Ragna Combo Thread/Discussion

Hi, I have a few questions on Ragna's 623D(1) used during combos:

-What is the benefit of reducing his ID to just 1 hit?

-Does anyone have any advice on how to consistently hit the 236C to make his ID just 1 hit? Visual/Audio cues? I can do it right now, but not consistently enough to use in an actual match.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can answers these questions for me.

Hi, I have a few questions on Ragna's 623D(1) used during combos:

-What is the benefit of reducing his ID to just 1 hit?

-Does anyone have any advice on how to consistently hit the 236C to make his ID just 1 hit? Visual/Audio cues? I can do it right now, but not consistently enough to use in an actual match.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can answers these questions for me.

You can't combo after a 2-hit D divider in optimal combos because they'll be too high up and tech before you can land your crossup 3C. In fact, for combos with really stretched proration, even a 1-hit D divider won't work and you need to do C divider.

Getting a 1-hit D divider is all about timing, but a visual trick I use is to see the first hit come out before hitting 236C, which usually gets me the right timing.

You can't combo after a 2-hit D divider in optimal combos because they'll be too high up and tech before you can land your crossup 3C. In fact, for combos with really stretched proration, even a 1-hit D divider won't work and you need to do C divider.

Getting a 1-hit D divider is all about timing, but a visual trick I use is to see the first hit come out before hitting 236C, which usually gets me the right timing.

Hm, I kind of figured that would be the case. That would explain why some of my combos blue beat on the CU 3C.

The best I've been able to do in terms of narrowing down the right "timing" is to wait for the hit confirmation of the first hit, and then cleanly input 236C (my inputs usually aren't clean). Still, even with this, I don't hit my required 80% mark to use it in matches, I guess I'll just have to grind it out some more. Thanks for the clarification!

EDIT: I take back what I said, I can actually do it fairly consistently if I do 12369C instead of 236C as soon as the hit registers. I guess doing the convoluted motion compensates for the actual timing necessary...well, hope that helps someone out.

Edited by Siefer

is 5B > 5C > 6C > DC > 6B > 2C > 5C > 5D > DC DELAY 5C > 6A JC j.D j.D 623D(214C) universal? 3910 dmg 44HG

sorry guys I am 2 weeks late,testing this on MU and I dont understand why I've never seen this and other stuff *_*

Doesn't work using 6B starter but you can put 2C 6A SJC j.D jc j.D 3550 44HG,hitbox related stuff I think,. anyway its 3 hours Im testing things coz I dont trust anyone -_- even sakamoto

2B p1 buff is amazing,headache incoming

Edited by Gramas

err yes...anyway why dont we have a wall of text combo thread?_?

Because this kind of format intrisically tries the patience of the reader.

My sentiment is that the presentation of the information in this thread would benefit greatly from an uniform layout.

I've been messing with throw combos, they tend to be slightly character specific in terms of delay and such but:

Throw combo (universal as far as I can tell): B+C 214B 5A 6A j.C j.D j.C j.D 623D 236C 214D 2664 damage 28 heat.

Really easy to do. You can get this on back throw vs some chars too, but I'm not bothering to check myself.

On Hazama Plat Valk Relius Mu Lambda Bang Hakumen Tsubaki Litchi you can get B+C 214B 5A 5B 5D 66 5B 623D 236D 214D for like 10 more damage and better corner carry but 2 less heat. You can do B+C 214B 5A 5C instead on Tager. I couldn't do it on the rest.

On Makoto you can get B+C 214B 5A 5B 5D 66 6A j.D j.D 623D 236C 214D instead.

Edited by Fluck

uhhh im pretty sure 5a>5c worked on most chars, and dc>5c>6a>j.d>j.d>dp worked too

Ehh my execution is pretty bad and I couldn't do them so I just went with that I knew did work. Where did you post about these combos?

anything better than FC 2C > 5C > 6C > DC > 6D > j.D whiff > 5B > 5D(1) > DS > 5C > 5D(1) > BK > 5B > 5D(1) > DS > 5C > 5D(1) > 214B > 214D > 6D > JC > BE > 5D > DC > 6D > DID > 214B > 214D > 5D > DBD 8.2k

?

well we have this combo:

FC 2C - 2D - 22C - dash 5A - 5C - 6C - dc 6D - j.D whiff - 5B - 5D(1) - 214D - 5C - 5D(1) - 214214D - 5B - 5D(1) - 214D - 6D - j.D whiff - 5D(1) - 214B > 214D - 6D - jc j.214C - 5D - dc 6D - 623D > 236C > 214D - j.214B > j.214D - 5D - 214214D

dunno how much this one does (or if it even works, although it should by combo theory)

uhhhh not sure if i did post about it :o guess i forgot to

hmmm easier alternative is throw>214b>5a>5c>5d>dc>5c>sj.a>j.a>dp which is still pretty decent

theres also stuff like throw>delay all d dp hits>6b>214d>5c>6a>hj.d>j.214c>5d(2)>214a>214d>(22c? maybe on some chars)

and throw>214a>d dp(2)>6b>214d>6a>j.d>j.214c>5d(2)>214a>214d>22c crap like this no one is really interested in messing around with but me

Edited by xlolxlolx

Hey, full corner from throw is amazing, I'll definitely be trying those out.

I have no idea how to land 5A 5C after 214B :( The 5C always whiffs if I do it early and 5A whiffs when I do it late.

Edited by Fluck

uh its not delay as much as possible, you do it like when theyre falling past ur head height something like that.....

theres also throw>214b>5a>5c>hj.c>j.d>dj.c>j.d>dp and throw>214b>5a>5c>hj.c>j.d>dj.d>j.214c>5d(2)>214a>214d>(dp)

meh theres also 6d stuff too but that was from back in cs2, not as good as 6b>214d stuff

Hey I have nearly completed Ragna's new challenge mode, but the timing for both the second hell's fang and mostly the devoured by darkness are really hard. I have been trying to time both for right as Ragna puts his hand away but the D by D either activates too late or not at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh good goddammit this is probably what I've been doing wrong for months, can't wait to try again when I get home from work today, I'm going to feel dumb as fuck if this is why I could never dashunder 3C...thanks, lol

I actually did the 15th combo after my last post and I noticed that the enemy apparently needs to be fairly high up during the double hell's fang> follow-up part for Devoured by Darkness can hit and in both cases it seems that the hell's fang/Devoured by darkness needs to be executed right around the time ragna puts his arm back to its rest position, and I mean right before it goes back. Can someone confirm/deny this? I have had a really hard time trying to understand the timing for this. I assume the first hell's fang needs to be done on an airborne opponent near a corner from about Ragna's head hight, am I correct?

Yes, you're correct.

Now about Tsuika > ID, I'll write about it later explaining. It's really extensive. But I'm 100% sure that "...6B 214D 5C 5D 214A 214D 623C/D..." is practical on Noel, Jin, Tager, Hazama and Ragna... the only ones who I played against today.

They may be more, but on these... hell, it's practically a BnB.

Trust me, I could pull it off on 8-frame delay matches (sucks when the scene don't play the game, gotta play with random foreigners).

Edited by Tong

Cool, thanks. I was only able to do challenge 15 once but I studied and tried for about an hour and a half to get the timing. It seems like the first time doing a challenge is by far the hardest.

Sign in to follow this