Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

West Toast XV: Makoto Appreciation Day [Jan 21&22] @ FFA (MB/BB/GG/AH/even more!)

West Toast XV: Makoto Appreciation Day

West Toast was founded by a bunch of enthusiastic Melty Blood players just trying to grow their scene. The premise has been to meet other players and to have fun. After two years without a West Toast, they've been revived in 2011! Now the event incorporates even more games, but the premise remains the same: meet other like-minded players and have fun!

This tournament will include some of your favorite airdashers from old to new. Some of which won't even be featured in another major tournament! If you've been secretly training for the day that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Immaterial and Missing Power, or some other relatively obscure game is held in a big tournament, Jan 21st is your day! So come prove yourself among your peers as the best of the west coast!

The Location:

Family Fun Arcade

10363 Balboa Blvd.

Granada Hills, CA 91344

(818) 360-0419

The Date:

Saturday, January 21st (Squirrel Appreciation Day)

and Sunday, January 22nd

The Schedule:

Saturday:

Main:

Guilty Gear @ 1PM

BlazBlue @ 5PM

Side*:

Melty Blood Teams (3v3)

Arcana Heart Teams (2v2)

Vampire Savior

Hokuto no Ken

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

TMNT: Tournament Fighters

*times are undecided

Sunday:

Main:

Melty Blood @ 1PM

Arcana Heart @ 5PM

Side*:

Guilty Gear Teams (3v3)

BlazBlue Teams (2v2)

Immaterial and Missing Power

Fate/Unlimited Codes

Big Bang Beat Revolve

*times are undecided

The Games:

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core:

Time: Saturday, Jan 21st, 1PM

Price: $5 to enter (+25c per play)

Pot split will be 70/20/10 for 1st/2nd/3rd place (subject to change depending on number of entrants).

Rules:

Double Elimination Bracket, 2/3 Matches, 2/3 Rounds

Double-blind character selection available on request.

Winners must keep same character, losers may counter pick.

All characters are tournament legal.

Game will be held in Arcade. The arcade cabinet has PS2 ports, so you can plug in your PS2 controller (button layout: Square=Punch, Triangle=Slash, Circle=H. Slash, X=Kick).

In-game glitches are allowed as long as they do not "break" the game (i.e. characters float off the screen, disappear, the game crashes, etc.).

If a button or stick problem occurs, stop playing and notify the tournament organizer immediately (even before your round is over). We will restart the round after dealing with the problem. Abuses of this system will cause a forfeit of the match.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II Extend:

Time: Saturday, Jan 21st, 5PM

Price: $7 to enter ($2 house fee, $5 pot)

Pot split will be 70/20/10 for 1st/2nd/3rd place (subject to change depending on number of entrants).

Rules:

Winners must keep same character, losers may counter pick.

To be held on PS3 (JP disc). If the arcade has the game as an arcade board and the PS3 version is not out/not available, we will hold the tournament on the arcade. If the PS3 version is available we will run the tournament on PS3 (unless the PS3 has some bugs or unforeseeable arcade imperfect qualities).

All characters (including Relius) are legal. Unlimited Characters will not be allowed.

In-game glitches are allowed as long as they do not "break" the game (i.e. characters float off the screen, disappear, the game crashes, etc.).

If a button or stick problem occurs, stop playing and notify the tournament organizer immediately (even before your round is over). We will restart the round with a new stick. Abuses of this system will cause a forfeit of the match.

If the player accidently pauses in the middle of the game, they will forfeit that round (we can look the other way if it was in the middle of a super animation).

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code v1.07:

Time: Sunday, Jan 22nd, 1PM

Price: $5 to enter (+25c per play)

Rules:

Winners must keep same character (but may change moon styles, selecting before the opponent chooses their moon style), losers may counter pick.

All characters are tournament legal.

Game will be held on arcade. I will be working on setting up a PS2 port, but there is no guarantee I can get it to work. If PC version is available, we may hold it on PC (undecided).

If a button or stick problem occurs, stop playing and notify the tournament organizer immediately (even before your round is over). We will restart the round after dealing with the problem. Abuses of this system will cause a forfeit of the match.

Arcana Heart 3:

Time: Sunday, Jan 22nd, 5PM

Price: $5 to enter ($2 house fee, $3 pot)

Rules:

Winners must keep same character (but may change arcana, selecting before the opponent chooses their arcana), losers may counter pick.

To be held on PS3 (may be JP disc).

All characters are legal.

If a button or stick problem occurs, stop playing and notify the tournament organizer immediately (even before your round is over). We will restart the round with a new stick. Abuses of this system will cause a forfeit of the match.

If the player accidently pauses in the middle of the game, they will forfeit that round (we can look the other way if it was in the middle of a super animation).

General Team Tournament Rules:

Double Elimination Bracket. 1 Set between teams. Grand Finals 2/3 Sets.

Players must use the same character (and option select [Moon Style/Arcana/etc.]) throughout the entire tournament.

A team may not have two of the same character (i.e. no Makoto/Makoto).

You may enter a team with fewer than the listed players, but empty slots will be an auto-forfeit (i.e. if you enter a 2v2 alone you have to beat both players without losing. If you lose against either player in that scenario, your team loses.)

If a team member leaves in the middle of the tournament, you cannot replace him/her and that slot will be an auto-forfeit slot.

Other rules listed in the game's individual rules list still apply.

2v2s: Waseda Format:

Match 1: Team 1 Player A vs. Team 2 Player A (i.e. Player 2A wins)

Match 2: Team 1 Player B vs. Team 2 Player B (i.e. Player 1B wins)

Match 3: Team 1 Player B vs. Team 2 Player A (Winners face-off)

3v3s: Pokemon Format:

Match 1: Team 1 Player A vs. Team 2 Player A (i.e. 1A wins)

Match 2: Team 1 Player A vs. Team 2 Player B (i.e. 1A wins)

Match 3: Team 1 Player A vs. Team 2 Player C (i.e. 2C wins)

Match 4: Team 1 Player B vs. Team 2 Player C (i.e. 1B wins, Team 1 wins)

In both formats, teams are allowed to switch their order however they like. Double-blind player selection is available for the first match only, and the teams may pick their next players accordingly.

In 2/3 Sets, the winning team must use the same first player they did when they won the first set. Consecutive players may be chosen differently.

Immaterial and Missing Power:

Time: Sunday, Jan 22nd, ?PM

Price: $3 to enter ($1 house fee, $2 pot)

Pot split will be 75/25 for 1st/2nd place (subject to change depending on number of entrants).

Rules:

2/3 matches; Modified Round Robin Bracket (Normal Round Robin with a Grand Finals at the end between the top two players, 2nd place player must win two sets like Double Elim Grand Finals). If there is a lot of people, we may switch to Double Eliminaion.

Winners must keep same character (but may change cards, selecting before the opponent chooses their cards), losers may counter pick.

Version 1.11

Damage Level 3

No Auto-Guard

Juggle Meter Enabled

Banned Stages: Sakuya-Day, Youmu-Day, and Suika (due to camoflauge)

All characters are legal.

The Youmu 2P 1F suki throw loop is banned. Use of this technique will result in a forfeit of the round.

If the player accidently pauses in the middle of the game, they will forfeit that round.

*Nearly everything is subject to change, from rules to times to prices to side games. I will update anytime anything is changed.

Results Day 1:

BlazBlue: Conitunuum Shift Extend:

1st Place: Severin [Λ -11-]

2nd: ShinATProof [Haku-men]

3rd: Xie [Platinum]

4th: Obaloney [Tager]

6th: The Biter [Valkenhayn]

6th: StayFree :3 [bang]

8th: DSmoove12 [Noel]

8th: The Don [Litchi]

12th: Acid Ace [Hazama]

12th: Bond [Ragna]

12th: Plectrum [Tager]

12th: BRKR Dave [Rachel]

16th: Jason D. [Rachel]

16th: Mike Z. [Tager]

16th: Raptor [Noel]

16th: Delta [Noel]

24th: Sukurabu [Jin]

24th: Renegade [Ragna]

24th: Soniti [Rachel]

24th: CTKZero [Relius]

24th: Mahgo [μ -12-]

24th: Guymam [[Relius, Hazama]

24th: Jimmy [Noel]

24th: shtkn [Jin]

29th: Hyde [Ragna]

29th: Wild Wallace [Ragna]

29th: Id [Carl]

29th: Kid Grave [Ragna]

29th: Haki [Λ -11-]

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core:

1st Place: Mike Z. [Potemkin]

2nd: Jason D. [Axl]

3rd: Obaloney [Anji]

4th: Trill [i-No]

6th: ShinATProof [baiken]

6th: Sanoshi [bridget]

8th: shtkn [Ky]

8th: Id [baikane, Jam]

12th: Raptor [bridget]

12th: TSHKN [sol]

12th: Hanzo [Faust]

12th: Acid Ace [Order-Sol]

Vampire Savior:

1st Place: Rotanibor [Demitri]

2nd: Sledge [Anakaris]

3rd: ShinATProof [Felicia]

4th: Zeppeli [sasquatch]

6th: Jason D. [Morrigan]

6th: Gerikuso [bishamon]

8th: Mike Z. [Lei-Lei]

8th: ll.nd [Lei-Lei]

10th: Id [Jedah, Lilith]

10th: Camaro [Zabel]

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:

1st Place: Mike Z. [Dark Polnaref]

2nd: Rotanibor [Hol Horse]

3rd: Jason D. [Maria la]

4th: Zeppeli [iggy, Young Joseph. Shadow Dio]

6th: SLEDGE [Joseph]

6th: ll.nd [iggy, Young Joseph]

8th: ShinATProof [Hol Horse]

8th: Jonathan [Jotaro]

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle: Tournament Fighters:

1st Place: SLEDGE [Armaggon]

2nd: Camaro [Rat King]

3rd: Mike Z. [Mechaelangelo]

4th: Shadowfiend [shredder]

6th: ShinATProof [Raphael]

6th: Jonathan [Donatello]

8th: Jason D. [Donatello]

8th: Id [Chrome Dome]

11th: Raptor [Raphael]

11th: TSHKN [Leonardo]

11th: A Bowl of Petunias

More to come!

Synthesis from the HomingCancel boards, says he'll be bringing Hisoutensoku as well. (aka Unthinkable Natural Law? idk, I'm not caught up w/ the new Tohou fighters)

Synthesis from the HomingCancel boards, says he'll be bringing Hisoutensoku as well. (aka Unthinkable Natural Law? idk, I'm not caught up w/ the new Tohou fighters)

do i need to bring a setup for iamp cause that would be sort of annoying, having to bring a setup for a game someone else decided would be a side event

do i need to bring a setup for iamp cause that would be sort of annoying, having to bring a setup for a game someone else decided would be a side event

We'll probably only need one copy of the game, I don't expect the turnout for IaMP to be massive enough to need two computers for it. But it couldn't hurt to bring more computers.

I really hope all you jerks will be practicing TMNT: Tournament Fighters. I would really like to see that game have a future in FFA. :)

I've added the General Team Rules

The only games I need volunteers for now are:

Hokuto no Ken

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Team Tournaments

If somebody wants to help run a main tournament, that would be awesome too (preferably Melty or Arcana).

Get hype!!

I've gotten a hell of a lot of feedback through e-mail and at the arcade about West Toast. I hope you all can make it!

If my friend is able to bring his copy of Extend will we have another PS3 to run a second set-up? We are also considering bringing recording equipment, is anyone else doing this already or should we bring ours?

awesome i'ts on a saturday? i can actually make it to something at ffa then. i'll bring my jp extend setup

in temecula, anyone around there or SD want to carpool?

It's only an extra 17 miles or so, so I might be able to swing over and pick you up on the way~

I don't see it being a problem, but let me hear back from someone I'm waiting on first before I say anything for sure.

I'm coming. Prepare yourselves.

oh noooooooo

please keep your 5a far away from me. rock paper scissors so scary

edit: and oh, ****....xie is probs still in japan super high level play mode too

If somebody can let me borrow 10 bucks I think I can make it....

Are you going to be @ FFA today? I'll lend you $10.