Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Xuandou Zhiwang

03/04/2012

03/03/2012

posting everything out about this game so far

every screen cap so far thanks to slamtasticon srk

http://imgur.com/a/KJu4G#0

stuff posted on their chinese twiter thing

http://t.qq.com/QQxuandou

l0Clg.jpg

9l1NN.jpg

grYyl.jpg

wlHIX.jpg

KtW7A.jpg

F9D0M.jpg

uF12M.jpg

ON6SX.jpg

stages

qr37nl.jpg

3UAibl.jpg

HwHiwl.jpg

C7onOl.jpg

character select screen

99Rz6.jpg

behold, mr. karate ryo version lol

something scheduled for 3/7

Some kind of signup or something related to the cd activation key

http://xd.qq.com/act/a20120213cdkey/index.shtml

Intro

direct feed gameplay

22/11/2011

site

http://xd.qq.com/

CG Trailer : http://17173.tv.sohu.com/v/7/0/107/MTA3NjA0MA==

Gameplay : http://17173.tv.sohu.com/v/7/0/107/MTA3NjA3OA==

I6EBB98AF27E.jpg

54QZG84R0ZM8.jpg

17I3B99TE5AK.jpg

CE42XK928668.jpg

118_162118_b2947_lit.jpg

118_162118_7b26b_lit.jpg

BjWIq.jpg

Translation of the name thanks to Missing Person at SRK

Xuandou Zhiwang

Making sense of the title is not my forte:

Xuan - To boast

dou - Fight

Zhi - is like an ambiguous pronoun, so it can mean him/her/it

Wang - Monarch/King

So I would assume a paraphrased English translation of the title would be something like: Boastful Fighting King.

what we know

the game is developed, aparently by Tencent, a huge technology related company on china, due consoles being "banned" on china, it more than probable that it would have a PC release

I'm not sure about a subscription. Tencent pretty much runs online networking, save for Renren (I think) over here. Tencent produces the most popular IM client in China (QQ) and also runs a Microblogging service that's in competition with another one over here (Weibo).

There might be paid services needed for online play, but I don't know, I'll have to nose around later, but paying for this game is a definite yes, obviously.

You can get a QQ account, which is pretty much needed for getting this game in the first place. There's an international version of QQ (Don't know if there's limitations on your account if you sign up for an international version), but there are no restrictions on foreigners from signing up to use basic QQ services at the very least. For gaming and stuff, I'll have to thumb around, but we'll see.

Banned is a really harsh word.

I know you know what's up, but just in case other people reading this don't understand the situation: consoles aren't officially licensed/supported/distributed here, but in practice you can find them all over the place.

Just to warn you all about QQ:

Installing QQ is basically like agreeing to install spyware on your comp. I won't touch that shit with a 10-foot pole.

Ok, probably not the proper wording, but let's just say that sales of consoles are in the grey area. Basically, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are locked out of distributing consoles in China. Consoles over here are brought in from other areas, and from what I've been told, Xbox 360s are instantly modded for pirated games when they arrive here.

As for QQ, I haven't had any troubles with Spyware either. Bloatware on the most recent version? Yes. There are so many different pieces of additional Tencent software in that pack that it's ridiculous.

But I've had no red flags raised on the international version at all.

I saw this yesterday. I find it funny that everything combos into rekka into launcher into super.

Also, Athena's air fireball, SNK could learn a thing or two from this!

Yeah, the CG movie is really funny... Because the guy models and the girl models are like SO DIFFERENT. lol

It had me loling for a while.

I had more fun with Team FK Digital's titles...hell anything in M.u.g.en. is probably better than this, lol

and you know that without playing the game?

In my book, anything that rips off SFIV and looks like KOF combined with SFxT probably isn't remotely as good OR original as any of those games. I think KOFXIII alone would kick it's ass for originality.

In my book, anything that rips off SFIV and looks like KOF combined with SFxT probably isn't remotely as good OR original as any of those games. I think KOFXIII alone would kick it's ass for originality.

I would've said the same thing, but who gives a shit? It's not like SFIV is and SHOULD be the only game in existence that uses 3D models in a 2D plane. Plus, originality is dead. I still like how this game looks and MORE interested in how it plays.

I was burned by Sengoku X Basara, I thought it looked nice, but the gameplay was crap...I was also burned by Spectral Souls VS Generation of Chaos, both the visuals AND gameplay sucked...

Do you SEE what I have to look forward to here?

I was burned by Sengoku X Basara, I thought it looked nice, but the gameplay was crap...I was also burned by Spectral Souls VS Generation of Chaos, both the visuals AND gameplay sucked...

Do you SEE what I have to look forward to here?

That's just you.

Gameplay and visuals are still two separate things. What matters most in a fighting game is how it plays and you let good looking visuals divert you from what matters. Whether it's good or that it sucks, visuals have nothing to do with it. AH3 has outdated sprites and still plays good. Need I mention MB? Heck, there are some games that look like ripoffs but still had good gameplay (Monday Night Combat and Risk Factions).

No seriously...Spectral VS Generation looked like AND played like crap. >_>

Putting my hope in a Chinese game that reminds me of Magna Carta, whose only selling point was it's artwork, with 2.5D graphics that aren't eye-grabbing per se doesn't exactly strike me as something I'd add to my Christmas List of fighting games.

In my experience, when most designers focus on the look of a game...that tends to be ALL they focus on.

No seriously...Spectral VS Generation looked like AND played like crap. >_>

Besides the infinite I enjoyed Spectral vs Generation.

Edit

Any ways it's shame you cant look beyond that perspective but hopefully this game will catch your interest. One thing I can appreciate about this game being a suppose "KOF/SF4clone" Is that is 1 vs 1 set mandatory unlike KOF where 3 vs 3 is the standard. While this is the same for SF4 the Gamay resembles more of KOF mechanics. I guess a better analogy would be a Kof game in Single battles.

Is that not different enough?

Let me put it this way...even if the gameplay was halfway decent, would you want to be kicking ass with a nerd-recluse in headphones that fights like Ken Masters? This game has some really really bad character design flaws. One of which is that most of the characters completely stand out from the shoddy stages they're fighting on, one of which is a direct reverse-rip-off of the India stage in SSFIV. Bright character colors with bland background colors...Complete contrast. I'm a Graphic Artist, but I'm sure any average gamer going shopping for a fighting game would notice this.

How would you like it if you were playing a Samurai character and some guy is flying a spaceship in the background? That's the vibe I get from this game.

I guess a better analogy would be a Kof game in Single battles.

Is that not different enough?

Not really... You haven't been around long, have you?

sense

Who the hell are you and what have you done with Blade?

Let me put it this way...even if the gameplay was halfway decent, would you want to be kicking ass with a nerd-recluse in headphones that fights like Ken Masters? This game has some really really bad character design flaws. One of which is that most of the characters completely stand out from the shoddy stages they're fighting on, one of which is a direct reverse-rip-off of the India stage in SSFIV. Bright character colors with bland background colors...Complete contrast. I'm a Graphic Artist, but I'm sure any average gamer going shopping for a fighting game would notice this.

How would you like it if you were playing a Samurai character and some guy is flying a spaceship in the background? That's the vibe I get from this game.

Well I wouldn't know what to say because I wouldn't be looking at it from that perspective. As long I can tell what I am looking at than I have no problem with themes or designs. Of course I'm not opting developers to explore possible offensive stuff. But this game has not shown anything that was well....weird.

Not really... You haven't been around long, have you?
Having hard time finding relevance in your last statement. Did I do something?

Honestly, when I looked at the thread title, I thought the game would look more like a parody, which it is, in a way. The CG trailer, the stages, that red guy's Iori-style DMs. Sure, the India stage looks bland in contrast to the characters themselves, but the stadium stage makes up for it.

Still, I don't have any expectations for this game being more original or ambitious than other fighting games. It looks like an indie game from China at best.

Well I wouldn't know what to say because I wouldn't be looking at it from that perspective. As long I can tell what I am looking at than I have no problem with themes or designs. Of course I'm not opting developers to explore possible offensive stuff. But this game has not shown anything that was well....weird.

What I'm saying is...from my perspective (which most people around here think is odd anyway), it's a totally messed up color and design contrast...from the average gamer's perspective, aside from gameplay itself...it looks boring as hell.

for the video i got a strong kof vibe, gameplay wise and character desing wise

I was burned by Sengoku X Basara, I thought it looked nice, but the gameplay was crap

burn in hell >:/

Someday we really should make a witty-title fighting game...and publish it.

we have Super Strip Fighter 4, for starters :yaaay:

posting everything out about this game so far

every screen cap so far thanks to slamtasticon srk

http://imgur.com/a/KJu4G#0

stuff posted on their chinese twiter thing

http://t.qq.com/QQxuandou

l0Clg.jpg

9l1NN.jpg

grYyl.jpg

wlHIX.jpg

KtW7A.jpg

F9D0M.jpg