Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE] Jin Gameplay Discussion

I believe it was Yuushiro who said that j.C CH > 6C wouldn't combo when I asked him if it did, glad to know that it does lol. So 2B's proration really got an upgrade, huh? I agree with you about Ice Wave, it's one of the best looking DDs out there and it's the king of projectiles. Something worse than Ice Arrow... Carnage Scissors, Tsubaki Install, or Calamity Sword although Ice Arrow is pretty horrible itself. The only good use I can find for it outside of a combo finisher is for sniping Noel after she uses Thor's Hammer, I've had lots of success with that lol.

solex, can you test ice arrow reversal combo potential? i suspect that may be the only thing its' good for now since they won't be able to air tech on counter hit and you can do a full air combo in taht situation, but i'm not sure. 623D RC isn't as rewarding midscreen now, so this might be the most rewarding (and risky) reversal option midscreen now

well it doesnt matter who said it all that matters is that we can still do it lol

i dont know if 2b got a proration buff, but sekkajin did and thanks to 214a's corner bound we can get good damage off of 2b a lot

idk about tsubaki's install but carnage scissors now has a minimum damage increase and its projectile invuln. and calamity sword...well its good reversal and combo ender isnt it? idk if calamity sword got changed in cse but hiyoko isnt good for any of those things not even random sniping because if you miss your opponent they will be able to get a great punish with how long the recovey is.....i hate that move i tired to snipe my brother when he was in the sky and he was able to get a fullscreen dash up fatal

EDIT: shtkn ill put more work into that on saturday, i did try it once with the opponent in the corner for a dp loop but they were at such an awkward height it dropped but ill try again. about fullscreen 623d combo you can pick it up with 2b and continue for a small air combo for around 3.3k i think

you can do jc>6C midscreen??? what did you do after 6C??? I can combo off it in the corner sure, but midscreen will propel them to oblivion seems like.

also arrow is hiyoku getsumei not hiyoko....

aha i thought hiyoko looked werid to me thx. but ya if you are facing midscreen j.c>6c isnt the optimal choice but if slightly near the corner you can go for the dash cancel j.c 214a dash under 5c combo

if the j.c is whiffing because of distance then you arnt dashing enough other than that you just gotta be low to the ground

Looking at the latest Ren vids, it seems that cse-jin is able to do 4.1k in corner on standing opponent (compared to max 3.8k on crouching in cs2). So it looks much better overall to me now.

Looking at the latest Ren vids, it seems that cse-jin is able to do 4.1k in corner on standing opponent (compared to max 3.8k on crouching in cs2). So it looks much better overall to me now.

Also looking at the match against komomo's Ragna, I feel more confident in my hypothesis of Hiyoku Getsumei's new, horribly nerfed, P2, min proration, and damage values from when Ren pulled off a Back_throw > Hiyoku:

P2: 71, Damage: 800 + 100x22 + 1000, Minimum Proration: 15 :arg:

Ah, yeah, new Hiyoku looks like a total shit now. Arcs probably disliked its overuse (reversal, sniping antiair, combo empowerment, combo finisher) in comparison with Touga Hyojin and ragenerfed it. Removing the last two. They should've made some interesting features like aerial+button manual arrow flight control/D-holding empower/air invul ignore or something else as mad as this. %)

They obviously should've made hiyoku an air distortion. Except made it use the ground sprite. So it looks herp derp.

Stupid poop aside, yeah it'd be kind of interesting to have the ability to change trajectories or w/e based on what dir. you press, or to have it chargeable...but yeah probably not gonna happen lol.

Anyway, so is it better to try to end combos with Touga or something if you're going for the kill?

yes thats the case, unless your in the corner...which is where all of your big damage combos will be lol

Well hey look at it this way, if you fuck up the input for Yukikaze it'll probably turn into a Hirensou lol. Hidden option select? (not really...)

Funny that you say that because there are times when I try to DP D and Yukikaze comes out instead lol. That's true though, a missed Yukikaze input will most likely turn into a DP D.

Lol yeah I'd think a player probably wants to do what they actually intend to do.

Though on the note of doing other moves when you want to do a certain move, I'm so terrible/not used to stick that every time I 6C I end up 3Cing because I fail at hand-eye coordination.

Well hey look at it this way, if you fuck up the input for Yukikaze it'll probably turn into a Hirensou lol. Hidden option select? (not really...)

Or mash 236236236236236 and get Inferno Divider lolol

Lols whattehell, a DP motion becoming 2x qfc...

Are you guys telling me that you can 5C (HJC) j.C without Hisshou-freaking-ken coming out? They need to change the command for it, too much conflitct.

I actually don't really have the Yukikaze problem lol.

@Tong, you're pressing C too early, i used to make that mistake often.

Lols whattehell, a DP motion becoming 2x qfc...

Are you guys telling me that you can 5C (HJC) j.C without Hisshou-freaking-ken coming out? They need to change the command for it, too much conflitct.

I used to get that a lot in CT, I sometimes get it when I try to air-to-air somebody with j.A too fast when I'm crouching lol.

my god they gave jin the ability to do ice arrow in the air lololol it looks like he just does an ice sword but a big ass arrow comes out

unlimited jin onry