Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

General Gameplay of Characters

Hello guys, I'm an admin of the Guilty Gear Wiki and me and my fellow admin Remnant13 are working to improve the the site. However, both of us do not play the game at an expert level and we cannot write certain articles.

Since you guys are veterans, I'm requesting a general description for each GG character's gameplay that can be understood by any beginner. Around 5-7 sentences would suffice.

Here's a sample (just an invention):

Character X's gameplay consist mainly of strong but slow attacks. His moves are mostly grappling moves that can counter an opponents normal attack. His advantage is his high defense and the invulnerability of some of his specials. His disadvantages however are his low speed and his lack of variety. Beginners will find him easy to use since his inputs are easy to execute, however at high level play, his moves are somewhat limited and predictable.

All characters need one.

You can also check this command list page we're working on: http://guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/Command_List

Very good start, so far. I personally would like descriptions, but I can see you have limited space.

and now, since I can't resist a setup for a joke:

Jam - Puffballs

Johnny - throw money

Baiken - Turtle

Testament - Badlands

Slayer - Stomp

Anji - unblockables

Bridget - Deploy Bear

Potemkin - unblockables

I-no - Flying

Dizzy - Zoning

Sol - GV and GF

O-Sol - GV

ABA - Go nuts

Millia - Grab

Venom - poolBalls

Axl - hit P

Eddie - shadow loop

Ky - robo ky is cooler

Robo-Ky - Place mat, timer and explode with lightning

Chipp - Don't get hit

May - KETCHUP!

Kliff - LOL

Justice - LOL

The reason why I made this thread so that we could get help in writing articles. There's already too much work in the wiki and we have very few editors willing to write articles. In fact, I'm the only one writing articles there, the rest were on editing. Writing about the Guilty Gear universe is already tough for me, I don't have time to visit each subforum and study each character.

There's already a Ky and Johnny gameplay summary. I do hope that you could help me guys, there's no other place where I can ask for help.

I actually read that before and it was a nice thread... if no one is willing to write then I'm going to put the gameplay section on hold. I will probably do that some time next year. *sigh* I have other articles to write.

Thank you for the links anyway. ^^,

Sol-badguy:

Sol's game-play consists of mainly rush-down aspects, so just about all of his damage is dealt up close. He's probably the most average character in the cast and is easy to learn, but as you progress into higher levels of play it's imperative to learn character specific sidewinder loops, which do very good damage but take a bit of time to perfect on each character. He has a couple of very useful normals and specials like 5K and VV, but he can be a very high risk/low reward character if some moves are use recklessly like GV and his overdrives for example(you should basically never use his overdrive moves unless it's for the win). If you are seriously thinking about picking up this character, I would suggest visiting:http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?3523-Sol-Badguy-101-ver.-Accent-Core

Well, I only play sol, I hope this is good enough, not sure if it's to in/un-depth, should I add a notation legend? I think It'd be a good idea to provide a link for each character's sub-forum at the end of the quick description, unless you want the readers to refer to the rest of the site. I'd also suggest adding youtube links of tutorials for the specific char and also provide recent matches involving good players using said char(If it's not too much to ask:kitty:).

Thanks Squared! I'll go paste that now in his profile! However, the wiki is not a tutorial site but rather an information site so we won't go in depth with the notation. We actually want it to be notation free and we prefer the attack names than the inputs. We'll just put an external link in the end of each character linking them to their respective threads in dustloop.

As for the wiki, we would probably put a notation page. The wiki also accept tutorial videos and match videos to be uploaded as long as their creators do not restrict their use. Thank you again for your contribution :3