Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

The Newer Florida Thread!

Decided to take make things a little bit bigger than a regular thread announcement this year, but I'm posting it here too for tradition. Check out #CEO2014 information at www.teamdcgaming.com!

Anyone near the Hunters Creek area in orlando? I want to learn BB and GG but GG doesnt really have all that great netcode so i cant really practice it. Near the UCF area works for me too since thats only like half an hour away to meet up with people.

I'm back in Melbourne for the Summer, but once School starts back up I'd love to meet up for some GG. There's some casuals not far from UCF that we may start having +R at soon, I'll try to keep you updated.

Anyone down in Southern Florida? more around the West Palm Beach area? i live in crap city called Loxahatchee :/ would seriously hope there are people who are around to help out with this since i moved recently to florida

I tried to join the Facebook group but my request didn't get accepted(maybe because my profile is newly made?) TuT. Anyway, do we have any weeklies/monthlies I should know about, specifically for Persona? I know Smash, Mahvel, and SF get weeklies, but I haven't seen anything for Persona(so jelly of the damn capcom and smash guys being able to find a local anywhere). If not I might organize one.

Ohey, I'm in Tampa, where (and when) the UNIEL casuals, at? Tired of netplaying, I wanna get some real experience

Hey, we're still playing and stuff. Come out. Partake. 

Broward/WPB

Versus Gaming Center - 3$ All day for Console 

750 E Sample Rd #1, Pompano Beach, FL 33064

We show up on Wednesday 6PM / Fridays 6PM to 4AM. 

Miami

Arcade Oddysey - 5$ All day for Console fare

12045 SW 117th Ave, Miami, FL 33186

Tuesdays / Saturdays 10PM On. 

Hey, we're still playing and stuff. Come out. Partake. 

Broward/WPB

Versus Gaming Center - 3$ All day for Console 

We show up on Wednesday 6PM / Fridays 6PM to 4AM. 

Miami

Arcade Oddysey - 5$ All day for Console fare

12045 SW 117th Ave, Miami, FL 33186

Tuesdays / Saturdays 10PM On. 

i live in fellsmere so it'll take me about 2 hrs to get out there on saturday night but how late do ya'll usually stay till?

i live in fellsmere so it'll take me about 2 hrs to get out there on saturday night but how late do ya'll usually stay till?

I highly recommend going to Versus on Friday night, you'll get lots of games, and we stay until 4AM every night. 

I highly recommend going to Versus on Friday night, you'll get lots of games, and we stay until 4AM every night.

awesome ill try and make it out after work

We are still playing in Broward County and Miami. Please come out and play. We are nice! We are good. We train! We come out a bunch of days!!

We also have BBCPEX, P4U2, and Guilty Gear Xrd on five PS3s. No need to bring your own setup!

Also, we know run biweekly tournaments for Guilty Gear, and possibly Blazblue soon. So come play! 

Broward/WPB

Versus Gaming Center - 5$ All day for Console 

Fridays 6PM to 4AM. 

QoBpu86.png

It's that time of year again guys, time return to our roots and to dust off this thread for another old school thread announcement.

Long ago, the ancient wizard Zordonis did battle with the evil witch Jebailey Jepulsa. He eventually managed to defeat his in a game using three magic coins. As punishment for his loss, she was sealed in a canister on Planet Orlando, a planet that travels close to Florida every 10,000 years. However, before being sealed away, Rita trapped Zordon in a time warp.

"Ah, after 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Florida!"

Millennia later, Jepulsa and his minions escaped their prison and set out to conquer Florida. Zordonis, desperate to stop him, had his assistant Brandino 5 recruit three "twenty-somethings with attitude" to counter his threat. They were granted the powers of the dinosaurs, and became the DC Rangers.

UbQLxyn.png

"Brandino, Jepulsa has escaped! Recruit a team of twenty-somethings with attitude!"

GMOVfvd.gif

"Twenty-somethings? B-but, Zordonis..."

"Just do it Brandino, damn. Why you always gotta question me?"

yna5HVg.png

As their vision recovers, the three teens find themselves in a high-tech facility unlike anything they've seen. A strange humanoid robot comes out, which amazes Armando at how technologically advanced he is, but their attention is then turned to a booming voice coming from a glowing head in a nearby tube. He introduces himself as Zordonis and his robot aide as Brandino 5, then explains to his guests of Jebailey Jepulsa and his plans to conquer Earth. Though Zordonis had defeated Jepulsa long ago, he is no longer able to fight due to his sorcery and thus has chosen three overbearing and overemotional humans (twenty-somethings?) to become Earth's defenders in his stead. The young men are incredibly skeptical at this information, but Zordonis grants them DC Morphers that will allow them to summon the incredible power of the dinosaurs and fight Jepulsa's forces.

zeVB38O.png

Let's take a look at the fine young men who hope to defend Florida from Jepulsa's evil forces...

TONY LEE SCOTT - MYSTIC

rtp5oa7.png

Tony Lee Scott is a martial artist from South Florida Grove. He and his friends Alain Taylor and Armando Cranston are selected by Zordonis and Brandino 5 as the three "twenty-somethings with attitude" to become the DC Rangers and defend Earth from the forces of the evil Jebailey Jepulsa. When Zordonis first confronts the teens to give them their powers, Tony is the only one who initially believes him. Tony becomes the Red DC Ranger, is given the Tyrannosaurus DC Coin and is made the team leader. He leads the DC Rangers into many successful battles against Jepulsa's forces, establishing a rivalry with his number one henchman Goldtashi.

ALAIN TAYLOR - JUGGERNAUT

u0w3LEw.png

Alain Taylor was chosen as the Black DC Ranger, gaining the Mastodon DC Coin. Quick-witted and clever, Alain relies on a combination of skill, strength, and mashing pilebunker to win his battles. He is an energetic, charismatic, and fun-loving (as long as it’s not at his expense) young man. He enjoys athletics, dancing (especially to a fresh beat bumping out his friend's boombox), parties, and girls. Whenever he didn't have an arm around one of his many side chicks, Alain could be found pursuing his attractive, but hard-to-get classmate, Camile. Though he loved all the people close to him, Alain's best friend was clearly Tony. Alain is extremely confident and positive and loves to sell electronic devices from his company, Cheetah Direct.

ARMANDO CRANSTON - THE ARM

FWAXmvs.png

Armando Cranston is the newest student South Florida Grove High School. He began as the stereotypical "nerd," but quickly became friends with Tony Lee Scott and Alain Taylor. Each of Armando's teammates had a unique skill to offer the team and, in his case, it was his vast intelligence. He was one of the top members of South Florida Grove High's science club and often helped its younger members with their experiments. Armando created the LINE communicators, the interface that allowed the devices a remote access to the Command Center's teleportation unit. He became the Blue DC Ranger, and was given the Triceratops DC Coin.

DC OLIVER - DC

YH813lv.png

Little is known about DC's early years, other than the fact that he was adopted by the Oliver family at a young age. DC and his family later moved to South Florida Grove. He entered an anime game tournament and fought Tony to a tie by 5-5, despite Tony being labeled "South Florida Grove's finest anime player" by the announcer, but the fight had earned him Tony’s respect. Jebailey Jepulsa had noticed DC's fight with Tony and realized that there was potential in the young man. Therefore, she placed DC under a spell, and using the secret fourth DC Coin she transformed him into the evil Green Ranger with the Sword of Darkness controlling him. DC then traveled to Tampa and put Zordonis out of commission and downloaded a virus into Brandino 5's programming (multiple times). He then fought the DC Rangers and defeated them, even leaving Tony Lee Scott stranded in the mean streets of Las Vegas for a night.

Tony and the others managed to fight and eventually take down the Green DC Ranger, and in the process destroyed the Sword of Darkness and freed DC from Jelpusa's spell. When he came to, DC realized all the damage he had done and felt terrible, but Tony assured him it was only because of Jepulsa's spell. DC accepted the Rangers' offer to join them. At the Command Center, DC accepted Zordonis' rules of being a Ranger, with DC becoming the leader of of the team of three, now turned team of four.

The teens have now fully accepted Zordonis' request to protect Florida from Jepula's evil plans. As per Zordonis' rules, they are required to never use their powers for personal gain, to never escalate a battle with them unless forced, and to keep their identities a secret from all (uhh??). With Zordonis and Brandino guiding them, a new team of superheroes is born -- the Mighty Morphin DC Rangers!

Art by the amazing Andrew Ting as per usual! Check out CEO 2013's thread announcement!

I'm in Clermont (so central florida), I just joined the Florida Air Dashers Community. Are there Persona casuals near me? I'm also looking into Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax whenever that comes out in the states. If someone has it at casuals I'd love to try it out.

I am for sure going to CEOtaku later this year. 

QoBpu86.png

It's that time of year again guys, time return to our roots and to dust off this thread for another old school thread announcement.

Long ago, the ancient wizard Zordonis did battle with the evil witch Jebailey Jepulsa. He eventually managed to defeat his in a game using three magic coins. As punishment for his loss, she was sealed in a canister on Planet Orlando, a planet that travels close to Florida every 10,000 years. However, before being sealed away, Rita trapped Zordon in a time warp.

"Ah, after 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Florida!"

Millennia later, Jepulsa and his minions escaped their prison and set out to conquer Florida. Zordonis, desperate to stop him, had his assistant Brandino 5 recruit three "twenty-somethings with attitude" to counter his threat. They were granted the powers of the dinosaurs, and became the DC Rangers.

UbQLxyn.png

"Brandino, Jepulsa has escaped! Recruit a team of twenty-somethings with attitude!"

GMOVfvd.gif

"Twenty-somethings? B-but, Zordonis..."

"Just do it Brandino, damn. Why you always gotta question me?"

yna5HVg.png

As their vision recovers, the three teens find themselves in a high-tech facility unlike anything they've seen. A strange humanoid robot comes out, which amazes Armando at how technologically advanced he is, but their attention is then turned to a booming voice coming from a glowing head in a nearby tube. He introduces himself as Zordonis and his robot aide as Brandino 5, then explains to his guests of Jebailey Jepulsa and his plans to conquer Earth. Though Zordonis had defeated Jepulsa long ago, he is no longer able to fight due to his sorcery and thus has chosen three overbearing and overemotional humans (twenty-somethings?) to become Earth's defenders in his stead. The young men are incredibly skeptical at this information, but Zordonis grants them DC Morphers that will allow them to summon the incredible power of the dinosaurs and fight Jepulsa's forces.

zeVB38O.png

Let's take a look at the fine young men who hope to defend Florida from Jepulsa's evil forces...

TONY LEE SCOTT - MYSTIC

rtp5oa7.png

Tony Lee Scott is a martial artist from South Florida Grove. He and his friends Alain Taylor and Armando Cranston are selected by Zordonis and Brandino 5 as the three "twenty-somethings with attitude" to become the DC Rangers and defend Earth from the forces of the evil Jebailey Jepulsa. When Zordonis first confronts the teens to give them their powers, Tony is the only one who initially believes him. Tony becomes the Red DC Ranger, is given the Tyrannosaurus DC Coin and is made the team leader. He leads the DC Rangers into many successful battles against Jepulsa's forces, establishing a rivalry with his number one henchman Goldtashi.

ALAIN TAYLOR - JUGGERNAUT

u0w3LEw.png

Alain Taylor was chosen as the Black DC Ranger, gaining the Mastodon DC Coin. Quick-witted and clever, Alain relies on a combination of skill, strength, and mashing pilebunker to win his battles. He is an energetic, charismatic, and fun-loving (as long as it’s not at his expense) young man. He enjoys athletics, dancing (especially to a fresh beat bumping out his friend's boombox), parties, and girls. Whenever he didn't have an arm around one of his many side chicks, Alain could be found pursuing his attractive, but hard-to-get classmate, Camile. Though he loved all the people close to him, Alain's best friend was clearly Tony. Alain is extremely confident and positive and loves to sell electronic devices from his company, Cheetah Direct.

ARMANDO CRANSTON - THE ARM

FWAXmvs.png

Armando Cranston is the newest student South Florida Grove High School. He began as the stereotypical "nerd," but quickly became friends with Tony Lee Scott and Alain Taylor. Each of Armando's teammates had a unique skill to offer the team and, in his case, it was his vast intelligence. He was one of the top members of South Florida Grove High's science club and often helped its younger members with their experiments. Armando created the LINE communicators, the interface that allowed the devices a remote access to the Command Center's teleportation unit. He became the Blue DC Ranger, and was given the Triceratops DC Coin.

DC OLIVER - DC

YH813lv.png

Little is known about DC's early years, other than the fact that he was adopted by the Oliver family at a young age. DC and his family later moved to South Florida Grove. He entered an anime game tournament and fought Tony to a tie by 5-5, despite Tony being labeled "South Florida Grove's finest anime player" by the announcer, but the fight had earned him Tony’s respect. Jebailey Jepulsa had noticed DC's fight with Tony and realized that there was potential in the young man. Therefore, she placed DC under a spell, and using the secret fourth DC Coin she transformed him into the evil Green Ranger with the Sword of Darkness controlling him. DC then traveled to Tampa and put Zordonis out of commission and downloaded a virus into Brandino 5's programming (multiple times). He then fought the DC Rangers and defeated them, even leaving Tony Lee Scott stranded in the mean streets of Las Vegas for a night.

Tony and the others managed to fight and eventually take down the Green DC Ranger, and in the process destroyed the Sword of Darkness and freed DC from Jelpusa's spell. When he came to, DC realized all the damage he had done and felt terrible, but Tony assured him it was only because of Jepulsa's spell. DC accepted the Rangers' offer to join them. At the Command Center, DC accepted Zordonis' rules of being a Ranger, with DC becoming the leader of of the team of three, now turned team of four.

The teens have now fully accepted Zordonis' request to protect Florida from Jepula's evil plans. As per Zordonis' rules, they are required to never use their powers for personal gain, to never escalate a battle with them unless forced, and to keep their identities a secret from all (uhh??). With Zordonis and Brandino guiding them, a new team of superheroes is born -- the Mighty Morphin DC Rangers!

Art by the amazing Andrew Ting as per usual! Check out CEO 2013's thread announcement!

Well...

This is a damn shame. 

-Kimosabae 

FYI, we are restarting biweekly GGXRD tournaments at Versus Gaming Center this Friday. Come out and play. 

FYI, we are restarting biweekly GGXRD tournaments at Versus Gaming Center this Friday. Come out and play. 

Are Fridays the only days were you guys play Xrd over there?

Are Fridays the only days were you guys play Xrd over there?

you might catch me or a couple other people on thursday but that's about it. 

Hey there everyone. New member to dustloop here. I've been trying to find local places to play fighting games for a change of pace from online play, and right now I am stationed over in mayport florida. So I guess I figured I'd ask everyone here where they meet up if they do. Honestly I'd be down to play anything, but I mostly play Uniel, Xrd, and P4AU (go figure I guess). I am going underway for a month (navy speak for out at sea) so I guess this will give everyone time to respond or something haha. I'm going to try to go to CEO but I don't think I'll be able to participate, we get back from and underway on the 17th, but I'll be able to come support it. Alright then, thank you all for your time.

Hello Florida! I got to play at VSGaming yesterday and had a blast! Its unfortunate that I live in Homestead and cannot make that drive regularly. I heard that at Arcade Odyssey, there used to be regularly casuals happening. Can we try to revive that fellow dade county players? It would be great to come together without driving 60 miles...

Hello Florida! I got to play at VSGaming yesterday and had a blast! Its unfortunate that I live in Homestead and cannot make that drive regularly. I heard that at Arcade Odyssey, there used to be regularly casuals happening. Can we try to revive that fellow dade county players? It would be great to come together without driving 60 miles...

The Miami Dade group may meet at FIU - Check on the Florida Air Dashers Facebook group.