Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henaki

Weird slide head glitch?

maybe theres another vid in the same batch of him doing it to a chipp player, fab definetely KNOWS this setup. time to hit training mode tommorrow lol

After some minutes in practice mode, I was able to replicate this a little bit. Basically, like what raekwon said, FAB made the other guy block something deep (in both cases, a j.H). What I found out was for some reason there's a frame or two where Pot is still considered facing the other direction after the deep cross-up hit when he lands, and if you were to input a special move within that window, he will do said special facing the other direction. So after any deep cross-up move (in Pot's case, j.H and j.K), input a special move as if you were already on the other side, and time the button press that activates the move within that 1 or 2 frame window when he lands where he's still considered facing the other direction, and he'll do the special move the "wrong" way. Hope that helps.

Here's another one which is probably not complicated at all. At a tournament some time ago, I connected with a Slidehead vs Ky and randomly did another slidehead while he was on the ground. In fact, I actually comboed 4 slideheads into each other with nothing else, he just kept bouncing along the floor to the corner. Didn't try for a 5th one though. Any idea what causes that?

Here's another one which is probably not complicated at all. At a tournament some time ago, I connected with a Slidehead vs Ky and randomly did another slidehead while he was on the ground. In fact, I actually comboed 4 slideheads into each other with nothing else, he just kept bouncing along the floor to the corner. Didn't try for a 5th one though. Any idea what causes that?

And all 4hits beat? hmmmmm

Good Shit TGS

I do that too. It doesn't do much damage but it's sure as hell fun to look at.

- OTG slideheads: They don't combo (the opponent can tech, since hitting someone out of Sliding state acts like an air hit, and if you hit someone in the air with Slidehead they can tech right away) but yeah, you can do this to 999 black-beat hits. - Backwards specials...well, those have been in other fighters forever, and actually in ST if you do a backwards Spinning Pile Driver it will still grab the other person...wonder if that works with PB. They've also been in GG, but not usually easy to replicate more than once. The usefulness with Slidehead is that they probably couldn't hit you with anything since you fall away from them...maybe doing a Megafist back, or a JG would be worth trying too?

maybe doing a Megafist back, or a JG would be worth trying too?

I was actually thinking about whether a Megafist Back would be worth it. It's +4 on block an overhead, and it staggers on CH. All this and it puts you closer to the opponent, but I can't get it to reliably hit behind me.

- OTG slideheads: They don't combo (the opponent can tech, since hitting someone out of Sliding state acts like an air hit, and if you hit someone in the air with Slidehead they can tech right away) but yeah, you can do this to 999 black-beat hits.

The weird thing was that they were not black-beat hits. I'll fool with it later anyway and see if I can figure it out.

Ummmmm in GG your considering both on the ground and the air when your low. So you can cancel to your ground specials whatever before you land to cancle your landing recovery.. Since potemkin is faceing the wrong way, he is basicly doing a air slide head. Shrug XX stuff. Same reason why you can alpha counter in the air, dust cancle,air throw, and ground throw moves at the same time. etc. Its acctualy pretty easy to do. Therotecialy you can instant kill with order sol off this in slash.. but... As for slide head, well same ol gg depending on when a move hits a person, where it htis whatever, changes the amount of stun it does yadda yadda. I know theres acctualy some ghetto combos like I posted way waaaaaay back that allow you to heat, RC, slide head, to combo that kinda stuff.... No one botherd to try though perhaps...

I was actually thinking about whether a Megafist Back would be worth it. It's +4 on block an overhead, and it staggers on CH. All this and it puts you closer to the opponent, but I can't get it to reliably hit behind me.

Well I played around it wit 2day.

Reverse Megafist will not hit. Even tho u go towards them it whiffs. Also JG has no use use unless the person runs in and does something hella meaty.

HF break is ok i guess it looks funny and doesnt take u out of range for buster.

Slide head is the best option by far for the invincibility on startup and end. Plus it takes your hit box away from the opponent so that you're not open to moves that hit deep and low.

I thought this glitch would be pretty useful at first ,but theres one flaw i can get around. Maybe I just suck and can't do it.

It seems that you can not do this when doing the meaty crossup you know Big splash type crossup in the middle of the character. I couldnt get it to work I might just suck ,but I tried and couldnt get it. Maybe you guys can.

The shits mad easy when the feet hit deep ,so maybe thats the only way to do it.

Actually I tried this and as long as they can't tech out of it you can slide head till infinity. It really pisses people off but it's a hilarious way to build up tension and it's fucking priceless to get a 100 hit combo w/ just sd. I go up to 150 when i was bored once ^_^.

I don't have AC at home, but I can replicate the backwards Slidehead on #R for the PC. So I messed around a bit more, and found that the same setup into a Megafist FRC is jump installed, even off a superjump. That suggests this setup is related to From-jump Jump Install, or rather that the special frame responsible for reseting air options also sets direction... but only in some situations. The fact that a standing normal is never backwards yet specials and supers (backwards HPB = wtf) can be makes me think that it's a bug that could be fixed but they've continued to leave in. Also, based on how strict the timing is, I think the special needs to be executed during the active frames of the j.H (or whatever) and not the recovery frames. Even though landing cuts off the rest of the move, the mechanics of the combo system require a true air normal |> special cancel to cut off the special frame. This also explains why the j.H needs to be sooooo deep. Something like that anyways.

I don't have AC at home, but I can replicate the backwards Slidehead on #R for the PC. So I messed around a bit more, and found that the same setup into a Megafist FRC is jump installed, even off a superjump. That suggests this setup is related to From-jump Jump Install, or rather that the special frame responsible for reseting air options also sets direction... but only in some situations. The fact that a standing normal is never backwards yet specials and supers (backwards HPB = wtf) can be makes me think that it's a bug that could be fixed but they've continued to leave in.

Also, based on how strict the timing is, I think the special needs to be executed during the active frames of the j.H (or whatever) and not the recovery frames. Even though landing cuts off the rest of the move, the mechanics of the combo system require a true air normal |> special cancel to cut off the special frame. This also explains why the j.H needs to be sooooo deep. Something like that anyways.

Ummmm did no one read my post? This is not true. You do not have to do a special.. Oh well, this is why I dont post I guess.

speaking of werid gitches..

did anyone saw that video with HOS vs potemkin, in that HOS is able to block potemkin's slide head , in FD while he is standing??

i think it is this video. i dunno if this was already posted however :sweatdrop:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YPlxqYzdt3c&feature=related

i wonder if that gitch is fixed btw..

Ummmm did no one read my post? This is not true. You do not have to do a special.. Oh well' date=' this is why I dont post I guess.[/quote']

Like final showdown said, this is the same sort of "glitch" that has existed throughout GG, and is the same sort of thing that lets you (for example) cancel a jumping dust's landing recovery by cancelling a normal into a special move (or lets you gatling an air normal into another normal) just as you land.

There's lots of superweird applications for this, it's generally a 1-frame timing for the landing gatling from what I've seen (though I haven't broken it down frame-by-frame, FS might have some more info here).

IN SHORT: the ability to cancel moves like this is not a bug, per se, it's as FS said with the "both on the ground and in the air" properties, and the fact that GG lets you "Gatling" air moves into ground moves in a strange way. The fact that some moves work wrong is a bug and can be useful or bad depending on the situation.

I've had this happen several times. I've also blocked a number of dog bites and Johnny MFs. I believe there's a few ways it can happen, including an FD jump just as you eat 2 "simulaneous" hits (with the unblockable coming second). There are no true simultaneous hits in GG except maybe Venoms EX mad struggle which I haven't yet tested.

HOS can stand FD vs slidehead, this is an old glitch. apparently he counts as "in the air" and you have to be FDing from neutral, iirc. can probably FD vs other unblockables while fd'ing

There are no true simultaneous hits in GG except maybe Venoms EX mad struggle which I haven't yet tested.

if you get hit by a simultaneous attack, doesn't the pushback get nullified? (or is that something else...) i thought i'd seen something like this, even in #R. you could do Ky's CSE FRC and throw out a quick normal (right after the FRC) like 5K to hit the opponent at the same time the CSE hits them.

but since you mention FB mad struggle, i'm a bit confused. in the frame data, the active frames of FR mad struggle are listed as 2(2)2, which means there's a 2 frame gap between the hits. to me, i don't see how this could make them simultaneous, but maybe there's something about "simultaneous hit" that i don't understand. (could you explain?)

if you get hit by a simultaneous attack, doesn't the pushback get nullified? (or is that something else...) i thought i'd seen something like this, even in #R. you could do Ky's CSE FRC and throw out a quick normal (right after the FRC) like 5K to hit the opponent at the same time the CSE hits them.

but since you mention FB mad struggle, i'm a bit confused. in the frame data, the active frames of FR mad struggle are listed as 2(2)2, which means there's a 2 frame gap between the hits. to me, i don't see how this could make them simultaneous, but maybe there's something about "simultaneous hit" that i don't understand. (could you explain?)

simultaneous attacks that are projectile + normal hit have no pushback.

no simultaneous hits works like this (this is how I understand it,anyway), 2 attacks cant connect on the same frame. If Ky does CSE FRC for example, (this will hit) and throws out a punch, timed so that it will go active on the first active frame of the CSE fireball, one of them will hit first, and the next one will hit during the 1st hit's hitstop. On block, the pushback is nullified from Ky's punch because it is ACTIVE at the same time as the active fireball but not because they connect at the same time, because there are no simultaneous attacks in guilty gear. There will always be an order to the attacks and it probably has shit to do with whether they are specials, normals, or supers.

The practical example would be to take #R Anji. He is fighting Sol and he throws Sol and tosses out a meaty blocked butterfly. Anji runs up and does 2p 2k 2s 2d, while the butterfly overhead will connect somewhere in the string surrounded by, and seemingly at the same time as, the lows that Anji is tossing out. There will ALWAYS be an order to the way they hit. The butterfly projectile cannot hit on the same frame that another attack is also hitting because 2 attacks cant connect on the same frame. So the Sol can theoretically block everything in this string no matter what even though theres overheads and lows, because with good timing he can fuzzy guard it.

If 2 attacks would connect at the same time, the physical attack will hit before the projectile. Also, it's not just that projectiles cancel pushback if a physical attack hits at roughly the same time. They actually have REVERSE pushback (like Pot's 2s) as long as a physical move hits during the blockstun from the projectile. As in you get sucked back in towards the attacker.

Also, it's not just that projectiles cancel pushback if a physical attack hits at roughly the same time. They actually have REVERSE pushback (like Pot's 2s) as long as a physical move hits during the blockstun from the projectile. As in you get sucked back in towards the attacker.

Uh... I don't think this is right at all. Might want to test that out. Projectiles do cause pushback, but only on the defender. They don't magically get negative pushback because you canceled another move's pushback.

And yeah, doesn't have to be simultaneous at all. All that has to happen is the projectile needs to connect while you are getting pushed back. You basically just get the pushback of the projectile and lose all remaining of the pushback from your normal. If the projectile hits during hitpause (really easy to do) then you don't get any pushback.

Uh... I don't think this is right at all. Might want to test that out. Projectiles do cause pushback, but only on the defender. They don't magically get negative pushback because you canceled another move's pushback.

I have tested this myself - it's really easy to do with, for example, a Dizzy fish. If you let the fish hit first, it will start to push them back, but if you then tag them with a normal before they leave blockstun, it will pull them back in and undo pushback.