Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shoto

Axl Tutorial Vids (feedback welcome^^)

This is what I got so far and since this whole video stuff is new to me I desperately need feedback^^.

I have this saved as a project so changing stuff is no big deal^^.

(and well yeah you native speakers could check for grammar and PM me :P)

Part I (basic rushdown)

http://rapidshare.com/files/88118387/LSpartI.avi.html

Part II ("advanced mixup / pressure")

(in the making)

Part III (combos)

http://rapidshare.com/files/88118934/LSpartIII.avi.html

Part IV (not even planed, probably movement / poke game)

Keep in mind that partI is really basic.. Part II will have all the opponent escaping what can I do and the "mindgame" stuff.. part one just shows the basic frame advantage situations and basic mixup without the stuff you can do once the oppoent either tries to break free / counter or is afraid to do anything^^.

Part III is combos, pretty straightforward^^.

btw.: for those reading the Axl forums there will be nothing new in it.. (who would have guessed)

Watched the first one and it is pretty helpful. Have to wait for tomorrow for part 3 since rapid share is dumb. I think videos like these help people like me because I personally don't like to dive through theads looking for useful information, so it helps me a lot.

Only watched part 1 but good stuff so far, especially baiting reversals with 2k/3p. But one question I have is: Do you ever pressure Pot with 2k or 3p on wake up??? because I find wake-up buster will snatch both of them. Perhaps in part 2 you should cover safe rushdown vs Pot since he has so many wake up options vs Axl (Buster, Backdash, FB, Hammerfall etc...) You TK bomber motion was pretty interesting, definitely going to practice that one. You should list some alternative motions too since I find doing a very quick TK bomber is tough. I've always done (9pause23) or (95623)with mediocore sucess. Anyways I look forward to watching part 2. Good stuff so far :AX:

For the record, buster doesn't beat a well timed meaty, it has like 2 frames of vulnerability on the front or something.

I really liked them, especially part III. Part I's music grew on me though. I have a little to say besides congratulations.

1. In part III (combos), depending on how much you want to baby the viewers;since this is a tutorial. Would it be better to put the inputs for the whole combo ? If not then maybe you should make a statement of where to find these combo inputs for new players.

Problem emphasis is in CAPS

2. You did turn tech all the way up, right? I can't see the Beat meter clearly.

3. In Part III @ 00:28 int he throw combo section, in the comments section you say

"for JA do short dash 5p"

that threw me off; I thought it was a typo. Please put in a comma before "Do"' or "use"

Overall, however This has been very helpful as a new Axl player.I look forward to your last one.:yaaay:

In my country it's very risky to do setups like 2K-Raishousen and j.S-6H because most people usually mash something in such large gaps :) and 2K has so small gatling window that I could hardly imagine proper delaying after it while both throw and Raishousen are countered by jump. Good players will be aware of your options after j.S and I'd say that most of the characters can beat them all with a well-timed backdash. It will be nice if you list the chars that have good options against 6HS, 62314 S \ HS and other common tools (for example PO can IB and punish, SL can use 2H against your lows). Maybe these things worth going for the part 5 "matchups". There are some common situations when you don't have tension on rensen FRC. What about including 2D-623P cancels details in one of your "parts"? I personally dislike S(f) because some common moves beat it (Grand Viper, Dandy Step) and the one who starts to think is you, not your opponent. At the S(f) distance I suggest K or air backdash or 2H (crazy option, but it's ok when the opponent is low on hp trying to do something stupid). All in all, I like your guide and appreciate your work. Today it's really hard to learn the game.

What did you say and did you mean JI (Jump Install) or JO(johnny)?

What's RO? you meant "Or use" or OR (OrderSol)?

Probably he´s talking about Jam and Robo-Ky.

Yeah. Jam = JA, Robot = RO. I thought these abbreviations were common knowledge... :psyduck:

It's the way it was written that threw me off; he forgot a punctuation mark, so i thought it was a wrong word. However, thx for the help. I edited that out since It was due to my stupidity at 5am in the morning.:psyduck:

probably shoulda put in his ch 3p combos.....thats THE JUICE man....well...its my juice, dunno if its yo juice....should be all axl players juice...thats some good juice man...its delicious!!!

only was able to dl the 1st one cuz rapidshare blows, but so far great work. After being out of the game for a sec, I think even I could learn a thing or two from watching these vids... =) keep it up...and yes, the last vid should contain poking/zoning strategies imo, since that is a deeper part of Axl that most players never get to undersand fully. I've won entire matches with 5P alone and people didn't know how but basic understanding of how his poking normals work reveal a whole side of strategy to Axl that is rarely discussed.

Holy sh..

That videos is great and the music from the part I is cool.

Looking foward to see the next videos :yaaay:

Thanks for all the feedback.. I’ve been pretty busy with law school the last weeks (and still are for the next two weeks). After that I will go on working on part 2 (and fix part 1 and 2 as 2 has a part where the sound effects are still in and 3 has some typos :P). Hope part 2 gets more interesting, as 1 and 3 are pretty basic or at least pretty straightforward (but well such stuff is easy to capture and to structure so naturally I started with it^^). To be honest the whole project was never meant to be too big or too serious as it was actually me trying out my new capture device / software; but if it gets some players interested in Axl this is a good bonus^^. Btw.: Thanks for putting it on youtube^^. (Hint [or shameless advertising]: You can find more stuff coverd in written form at the start of every stickied thread of the Axl forum :P)

I just watched this. Very nice stuff, Shoto. These videos have kind of helped me get my shit together with Axl. Also, music choice on Part III was great, dude. I love The Pilgrim.

Little UP for these videos, absolutely good ! BTW, what about putting some "tick/tech/toe throws" in the second part ? More than just "mixups", "advanced stuff" would be better don't you think ? Well there are already a lot of stuffs written in the Axl part of the forum. I guess the videos would just be an illustration to them. Anyway, I'm not really smart for theory stuffs, so I won't be able to help you in choosing mixups. But if you want, I can grab my digital recorder and record some inputs. I would send you the videos afterward. That way you won't have to bother about making some vids... I don't know if I'm clear enough, so I'll just say it : I'd like to help you in some way ^^