Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

St1ckBuG

NEC XII Results

NEC was pretty amazing. I had to leave at like 4pm on Sunday so I couldn't get as many casuals in as I wanted. I wish I could be better at Melty but no one in Pittsburgh will play with me :<

Shoutouts:

NEC - For super duper slow tournaments in AE and Marvel. Also being in the middle of nowhere so that you have to order/drive for food. Didn't eat anything all of Saturday except for the bag of pretzels I had after BB tourney ended o.o

UnlimitedMARS - For having OP Taokaka and Unlimited Lord Knight that shit was fucking insane and hype. And then I had to go to Marvel :/

LK - For being awesome as usual, giving me advice when I needed it, and supporting me through the tournament

SKD - For randomly remembering me from ECT, winning BB and making me a Mahou Shoujo lol

St1ckbug - Great job running the tournament. I had a great time there. Played a bit with you Friday night, but I'm pretty sure you'd rather play GG haha xD

Brice - GDLK Tager. It was nice meeting you again since ECT. Too bad we didn't get to play, but you leveled so much since then.

Xie - For bringing CSEX, and blowing me up in tourney o.o Need to work on the Plat match up >_<

Omni - For helping me not get DQ'ed in Marvel and for taking me out of the tourney. Still have a hard time blocking Makoto ;-;

Kirbster - We never got to split Brice's shiny metal ;-; So sad about that. Also didn't play casuals with you :/

K2 - Your Rachel is scary D: Your Rachel has those damage combos down, especially from that counter hit cat chair o.o

Leo7 - Your Valk is also scary ;-; I was so scared alot of the times. Hopefully I see you again in the future >_<

Axis - GDLK voice and awesome Tager. Pretty much destroyed me in casuals D: Tager can be quite the scary matchup.

Level 5 Chan - Talking and chilling with you was fun. If you need any info about sticks, feel free to bother me about them.

Also @St1ckBug, What's your stream setup? My friend and I are trying to get this stuff setup for Pittsburgh and possibly run a tournament in the spring at some point. Just wondering if you had any tips on streaming/recording and what not.

Damn I was looking forward to once more seeing 3 Bridget players in the same room at the same time.

Too bad Mahouko couldn't grace us with his presence this time around. Then we really could've really been an army! Also, last minute shoutout: Shoutouts to St1ckbug for running the tournies. Being a TO is frustrating and thankless work, but you show up to every major to run anime for us every single time. Not only that, you even have a stream and commentate for it while you run brackets. I admire that dedication and hope you continue to run anime tournies in the future. Much respect.

Oh my god, weekend was wayyyyyy too hype. First american major for me and I'm definitely planning on going out to more! Alright, let's get this wall of text going.

Shoutouts to St1ckbug, DaiAndOh and Mr.Biscuits for running this shit. Thanks so much for this, it went really smooth.

Shoutouts to SKD for 1st place... you really deserved it! I was in total awe of your skill and can't wait to get some more games in with you one day. I think I admire you as much as I admire Spark now lol.

Shoutouts to LK for second place and for sending me to losers. You're as scary as ever and I'm also looking forward to fighting you again.

Shoutouts to Axis for being mad chill. Thanks for the Plat matchup exp, now I'm not (as) free to her anymore lol. It was really fun chilling with you.

Shoutouts to 50-50 for being awesome as well. Your Valk is really good, come down to MTL one day and we'll play more!

Shoutouts to Omni. I hope you stick with Makoto in CSEX, because you were doing some scary shit with her already.

Shoutouts to Xie for your GDLK Plat and for being an extremely knowledgeable player. Thanks so much for letting us have an early taste of Extend, it was too fun!

Shoutouts to LordPangTong for our awesome casuals and chatter during the tourney. Your Rachel is really good, and it's always fun to talk about the princess with a fellow admirer :D

Shoutouts to romeyurhomey for knocking me out. The Litchi matchup is the bane of my existence lol. Good shit.

Shoutouts to Troll Badguy for our extremely close match. I was so stressed at the end that I literally felt out of breath!

Shoutouts to Happy Medicine for a super close match as well. Too many Lambdas in this tournament made me scared.

Shoutouts to Shakugan for being my first opponent and for the pot bonus contribution lol.

Shoutouts to Superscience. I wish we could've played! I've heard a lot of good stuff about your Bang. Keep loving shiny things.

Now, my Canadian brothers :

Shoutouts to Leo7 for being as cool as always. Casuals with you were fucking awesome, also I really wanna see you get totally smashed now lol. Next time! Also... the things I'd do to Hyuna. Oh my fucking god.

Shoutouts to Kousaka for being as gdlk as always and repping Canada hard. Your performance in the USA vs Canada 8v8 was awesome! Stay koreaboo with Leo.

Shoutouts to K2 for still being a beast Rachel. I had way too much fun playing casuals with you and talking strats. Thanks for motivating me so much.

Shoutouts to Roldy for

playing hard to get

. Your Jin is awesome, I feel with more time you could seriously become Toronto's number 1.

And finally, MTL... for the sake of consistency I'll do this in (mostly) English :

Shoutouts to Brice for being FUCKING GODLIKE with bottom tier and showing the US what Canada is made of. You said you would become better than me before the next major, and you know what? You fucking did. Hold on to that bronze medal of yours, now it's my turn to catch up to you! Watch ton petit cul de français tout chaud, je viens te défoncer dans pas long.

Shoutouts to Pedro for, as always, driving like a bawss. Thanks so much for everything, this would all be impossible without you. Your Mu is seriously getting amazing, I feel like you're definitely becoming one of MTL's top.

Last but not least, shoutouts to Level5. Your Tsubaki is officially the most annoying in the universe. Keep making people salty :D

Phew, I think that's it. Thanks again to everyone who made this possible, and see you all again soon!

GGs to everyone I played casuals with on Saturday! I got some sweet matchup experience that I can't get in Waterloo because we only have 2 players:(.

Expect me back for the next major, and hopefully I'll have brought some of Waterloo over from other games:(.

Shout outs to Rakayuna (Cannot and probably won't spell it right.) Love you man, I am just Jaded so much by the Ragna match up that I can't be easily hit.

This is the most godlike spelling of my gamertag I've ever seen

NECXII BBCS2 Playlist

All of BBCS2 should be uploaded here. Also, when you open up any video from the playlist it should automatically load the playlist on the bottom of the screen, so you don't have to go searching for the other videos from BBCS at NEC. Let me know if the link/playlist doesn't work the way it should.

GG should pretty much be finished uploading now... let me go make a playlist for that too...

NECXII GGAC Playlist

Let me know if you run into any problems with the videos.

I'll finish uploading BBCS2 matches, and start uploading EX matches/Unlimited Mars mode once I get home today.

So far it's nice to see that everyone enjoyed themselves.

While I still have my freedom before college exam week starts:

Shoutouts to St1ckbug, DaiAndOh and Mr.Biscuits for hosting BB. Thanks for dealing with a tournament scrub like me lol.

Shoutouts to SKD for 1st place and showing me your shaking hands after your clutch win against LK in winners.

Shoutouts to LK for second place and bodying me, sending me to losers. My defense against you was better than expected, I just wish I actually didn't drop most of my combos :/

Shoutouts to Axis for being one funny dude and bodying me with Platinum and Tager at the BBCSEX set-ups, you jokester you.

Shoutouts to 50-50 for being awesome as well.

Shoutouts to Omni. I regret not staying for the team tourney, it being pushed made me sad.

Shoutouts to Xie. Thanks so much for letting us have an early taste of Extend, Valk and Relius are gdlk.

Shoutouts to LordPangTong for our awesome casuals and chatter during the tourney. Your Rachel is really good, and it's always fun to talk about the princess with a fellow

Shoutouts to Troll Badguy for inadverently letting me use you pad in casuals. Sorry for hold it for so long.

Shoutouts to MikeNapalm for finally facing you in BB.......in tournament..........first round..........on stream lol. Apologies for being such an asshole playing runaway Valk against Hazama lol.

Shoutouts to Leo7 for the gdlk Valk mirror matches. Shown me a few new Valk tech I have now stolen for myself :kitty:

Shoutouts to kousaka bodying me with EX Arakune on stream.

Shoutouts to kirbster letting me use you pad in tournament. Sorry for keeping you from one of you matches for a bit.

Shoutouts to Kyle for being so chill and repping that VSAV.

All in all a great experience for my first major, it was a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll have my stick by Winter Brawl so I don't drop shit anymore lol.

NECXII BBCS2 Playlist

All of BBCS2 should be uploaded here. Also, when you open up any video from the playlist it should automatically load the playlist on the bottom of the screen, so you don't have to go searching for the other videos from BBCS at NEC. Let me know if the link/playlist doesn't work the way it should.

GG should pretty much be finished uploading now... let me go make a playlist for that too...

NECXII GGAC Playlist

Let me know if you run into any problems with the videos.

I'll finish uploading BBCS2 matches, and start uploading EX matches/Unlimited Mars mode once I get home today.

So far it's nice to see that everyone enjoyed themselves.

One of the BB Videos has a small typo. The Brice vs Tonberry match is titled "Bice vs Tonberry" Other than that, matches are hype, thanks for uploads St1ckbug :3

So, every NEC is a surprise it seems... I can never figure out how many people are actually going to show. 45 entrants for BB and 36 for GG is alright for a major, but our quality of players was very high. Last year we had 60+ in each game, with GG getting more than BB, but I digress. The pot bonuses were huge thanks to Aksys Games and Team DRS (and myself of course, but who cares about me). Thanks to them, the hype around the tournament was a little more serious. But let's get this started...

Thanks to everyone who made it out: Canada, New England, NJ, NY, PA, MD/VA, Xie, Amadeous, AXIS, and Romeyurhomey. It was awesome seeing new faces. I love it when new people come out and give NEC a chance. Big E shows the anime players a lot of love when it comes to this tournament, so I try to accommodate everyone the best that I can. I hope you enjoyed the hotel and the tournament. Even though we were tight on space Saturday because of there being 5 tournaments running simultaneously in that small room, we managed to still keep the hype flowing throughout the whole day. Tournaments are nothing about players, so to everyone: thanks for going out of your way to come to NEC. I love this tournament, and you guys always make it hype and fun.

Big E: Thanks again for showing us some love. Most majors now don't even seem to care about BB/GG, but you give us our space and let us do our thing which is all we want. Thanks again for supporting the community. You're the fucking man.

DaiAndOh/Biscuits: Thanks for helping me out guys, even if you disappeared 1/2 way through the day ; ;

Aksys/Xie/Aileen: Thanks for supporting our event. I won't lie: I always get a little mad when West Coast gets all these cool events and pot bonuses... but you managed to make this tournament 20x more interesting and hype. I can't thank you enough. BBEX was pretty awesome, and I'm really looking forward to it now (thanks to Relius). I might actually import it again because I liked it so much.

DRS|Shakugan: Thanks for adding to the pot and entering the tournament. I don't think I got to watch you play... heck, I didn't really see you in the anime room at all!!! Thanks for supporting the scene though. Much love.

NYC: You know it's all love/hate between us. See you guys next weekend.

New England: Thanks for coming down again guys. Next time bring Danny, Vyers and Nuclear Cheese. NO EXCUSES!!!!

MD/VA: Thanks for coming up again. Rei: we didn't get to play GG. Next time...

PA: Thanks for coming out of your cave NickExtreme!!!

NJ: See you all next NEC.

Xie: GJ placing and thanks for bringing out BBEX. I hope you have a blast in Japan. I might see you at the 3v3.. might just go out there for the hell of it. I should've walked away after our first game so I could've said I never lost to you.

Amadeous: My Jam is ass. I didn't get to watch you play, but I hope I got the gears turning a little bit in your head. My execution was really off and I forgot how to deal with lame stuff. I hope you keep practicing. Jam is too much fun.

DIO: Way to be godlike and come down from Boston. Thanks for supporting GG as much as you do. It's too great of a game to no hype up.

AXIS: The lone Michigan player who made it out. Props to you man and nice meeting you for the first time. GJ being hype in BB and Unlimited Mars mode.

Romeyurhomey: You were the only Flordian to come out right? Thanks for coming out and GJ placing. Level up that Litchi!

Reggie: Can DL just unban this man? Too real for dustloop. Real talk.

CANADA

Without you guys coming down (MTL/Toronto/Waterloo), this event would've just been another monthly. Seriously. You're all too fucking godlike. I hope I get to make it up to a Canadian event sometime so that I can actually play you guys. I guess EVO would be the next logical time I could see all of you again though :(

Brice: The Dark Horse. You're too hype man. You got your runback against Tonberry, blew up Omni, and got 3rd to boot. GJ man, you deserved it. I got you play you in GG a little bit right? Your Unlimited Mars run was too good.

Kirbster: Nice meeting you for the first time. Your Rachel was hype as shit. I hope you enjoyed NEC and come back again next year.

K2: I hate you :(

Kousaka: Your Arakune is too strong. I'd look away, then look back and you'd with with some ridiculous mix-up or combo.

50-50: Nice meeting you. I don't think we got to play :<

Leo7: I hope you're ready to be called a fraud in BBEX :3 (nice Valk though, seriously).

Pochp: We didn't get to play. Thanks for always being there when I needed you for a match though. You made my life so much easier.

Roldy: RELIUSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! We in there!!!!!

Thanks again to everyone that made it out. I know I said it before but let me emphasize: a tournament is nothing without its players. You give the tournament soul, while I just give it a heart. Please keep supporting your local scenes and BB/GG in general. Stay godlike people.

I think I'm going to do a post NEC stream sometime this week where I'm going to discuss how things went, talk about some hype matches, and what tournament operators expect from their players when running brackets. So keep your eyes on this thread, IRC or my twitter.

Much love guys.

Also @St1ckBug, What's your stream setup? My friend and I are trying to get this stuff setup for Pittsburgh and possibly run a tournament in the spring at some point. Just wondering if you had any tips on streaming/recording and what not.

Running a stream is not very difficult, it just costs some money and a lot of time to make it look good.

My stream setup is nothing special. I have put a lot of money, but very little time into it so that I can get decent/good/awesome quality (depending on bandwidth) with very little effort.

I have a Quadcore i7/i5 CPU with a mid-range graphics card. My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

-For capture devices I use the Black Magic Intensity Pro. This lets you record in 720P through component cables and record HDMI if it's not protected with HDCP. Some alternates that people use are the Black Magic Design Shuttle or the Hauppauge 1445 HD-PVR. There are other similar products but these are the most popular. Note: if you plan on using a USB capture device you're probably going to want USB3 technology. Xie could probably help you out if you plan on streaming from a laptop. I don't plan to anytime in the near future.

-For standard definition capturing I use a Dazzle.

-For mixing sound/mics I use the Behringer XENYX 1002. This lets me hook up my mics and game sound, then output it to either my capture device to mic input on my PC.

-For headsets I use 2x Audio-Technica BPHS1. These are really good headsets. My old mics from radioshack were complete shit. I had to max the output on them to pick up the commentators voice. These make mixing sound 100x easier but at a price.

-For splitting component output I use the RadioShack® 4-Way Component Video Distribution Amplifier. For splitting SD signal I just use regular composite cable splitters without an amplifier.

-For webcams I use 2x Microsoft LifeCam. I think they're good for the price.

-For streaming software I use XSplit. It's very simple and straight forward to use. Probably the software with the easiest learning curve. Other people use Wirecast along with screen capture software coupled with FME (Flash Media Encoder), but I find that to be too much work (not to mention it's ridiculously expensive if you plan to buy Wirecast). If I was trying to make money from streaming I'd probably use Wirecast, but I'm content with my current quality. XSplit also lets you record your output and save it on your computer. The quality of the past NEC footage will give you an idea of what the quality is like when you record.

Learning to make everything work is a little bit of a chore. Drivers fuck up and you have to have the settings prefect for some things to make them work. Like for my capture device: if I have the settings set to capture 720P @ 60FPS, it won't capture. If you set it to capture 720P @59.4 FPS (or something like that) it will capture no problem. Too bad there are no instructions or helpful forums on this, so it took me 2 days to get the correct drivers installed and get it working the way I wanted (with a little help from Sp00ky). I spent 200$ and was freaking out cause I couldn't get it to work. I was only a day away before sending it back. This goes with everything though: you learn something new with each piece of equipment you buy.

My next purchase in the future is the HD Fury III. This will allow me to capture from HDMI output because it strips the signal of HDCP and lets me convert it to component cables. The only reason I'd get something like this is so I could stream from EVO monitors since people complain about my big TV. My bigscreen has less than 1 frame of lag (the same as the EVO monitors), but because of the screen size your movement feels different, so people say they have problems playing on it. Right now I don't see the purpose of dropping $200+ for something I don't really need at the moment.

I hope this helps. Remember: you can stream at low quality for 'little' cost, but if you want decent/good quality you're going to have to spend some money. If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask. Send me a PM if you need more help.

Wow! First time going international vacation + First time playing international Tournament! Getting High Level stress, not too socially and hard to communicate, but meeting new people and playing with them was the most fun i've ever have in my entire life.

Shoutouts St1ckbug Team: For awesome recording. Really hoping to stream, but happy about recording.

Shoutouts SDK: Congratulations on your wins. Wishing to play against you for friendship battle (Noel vs. Tsubaki)

Shoutouts LK: For 2nd place. Hoping to play against you.

Shoutouts Superscience (I think, Bang player)/Tonberry: Surprisingly knocking me out of the tournament with small life left. I guess my tournament curse didn't disappear.

Shoutouts Axis and his friends (didn't have his name): Hype/Troll/Mad/Trully funiest guy I've met.

Shoutouts to everybody that I play/meet: Unlike my Montreal people, I have problems with names, but it was a nice pleasure to meet all of you.

Shoutouts Toronto/Waterloo -

Boos for Travelling hours car/ Yay for casual BBCSEX/AH3/MBAA + Canada representatives. No way we are free.

Shoutouts MTL -

Brice and Kirbster: Ha ha. 3rd Place High Level Low Tier Godlike "Grabber" Guy!!! and Dream Match saltness!!!

Pedro: 8+ hours car. With you, Can show everybody our hidden skills. Awesome Mu-12' skills.

Always funny that lots of people trully love me, but trully hate my Tsubaki's randomness play. I have to post a list of names because of my hidden technologies. Thank Toronto for giving me a nickname: Shield Skiller.

Again, thank you everybody for making my life bigger and better. No way the fighting community will die.

I may have lost, but I won big by buying a new stick and by having to meet with new people and having fun. See you in the next 8v8 Team matches and tournament. GGs!

Wow! First time going international vacation + First time playing international Tournament! Getting High Level stress, not too socially and hard to communicate, but meeting new people and playing with them was the most fun i've ever have in my entire life.

Shoutouts St1ckbug Team: For awesome recording. Really hoping to stream, but happy about recording.

Shoutouts SDK: Congratulations on your wins. Wishing to play against you for friendship battle (Noel vs. Tsubaki)

Shoutouts LK: For 2nd place. Hoping to play against you.

Shoutouts Superscience (I think, Bang player)/Tonberry: Surprisingly knocking me out of the tournament with small life left. I guess my tournament curse didn't disappear.

Shoutouts Axis and his friends (didn't have his name): Hype/Troll/Mad/Trully funiest guy I've met.

Shoutouts to everybody that I play/meet: Unlike my Montreal people, I have problems with names, but it was a nice pleasure to meet all of you.

Shoutouts Toronto/Waterloo -

Boos for Travelling hours car/ Yay for casual BBCSEX/AH3/MBAA + Canada representatives. No way we are free.

Shoutouts MTL -

Brice and Kirbster: Ha ha. 3rd Place High Level Low Tier Godlike "Grabber" Guy!!! and Dream Match saltness!!!

Pedro: 8+ hours car. With you, Can show everybody our hidden skills. Awesome Mu-12' skills.

Always funny that lots of people trully love me, but trully hate my Tsubaki's randomness play. I have to post a list of names because of my hidden technologies. Thank Toronto for giving me a nickname: Shield Skiller.

Again, thank you everybody for making my life bigger and better. No way the fighting community will die.

I may have lost, but I won big by buying a new stick and by having to meet with new people and having fun. See you in the next 8v8 Team matches and tournament. GGs!

You were the Tsubaki I played! Good shit at causals.

Good stuff meeting seeing some of you guys again since FR and some for the first time. Wished i had entered some anime games, but unfortunately dropped most of them due to focusing on streaming, maybe CSEX will get me back into it.

Shit was mad hype at all times, also wished i got to spend some time on that Gundam Extreme, but alas timing.

Got some of that unlimited mars footage uploading if anyone wants to check out US top players getting bodied by Tao

Great event, had a awesome time, I really hope I'll be able to make it to winter brawl. Best major I've been to yet.

Shoutouts to:

Those who came to our room for casuals and fun times (Toronto, LPT, omni, axis, 50-50, LK, tonberry, xie, rayza)

Axis and Xie for showing me the plat matchup

Leo7, 50-50 and Omni for the valk matchup

Fellow mu players I met

brice, keep repping canada, good shit but go learn those matchups daaamn

kirbster and level5, terrible terrible performance but it's ok because it's your first us major

st1ckbug and others who ran and recorded the tournaments, 8v8, exhibition, etc., good shit.

xie letting us try out that extend and those posters, was really impressed by your knowledge and skill, good luck in jp

those who gave a pot bonus

big e allowing us to play at this awesome venue

roldy, leo7, kousaka, k2, always fun hanging out with you guys. good stuff in the 8v8, and thanks for the food advice lol

UNLIMITEDMARS, too funny and hype for no reason

SKD and LK, good shit showing brice he still has along way to go

and finally, to everyone who came out to this event

oh and level5 for that wtf block wakeup dp -> counterassault

a bit of feedback if it's ok, hope it's acceptable, don't see people actually do this :

it would have been really nice to have teams, it's like your salty runback when you're not satisfied with your performance in singles. Maybe have sign ups during singles top 8, and then start immediately after? Maybe even have single elim teams, so it can be over pretty quickly. I was also a bit confused at the fact that even though apparently there were less entrants than last year, there was still way too much people for that small room, but I know it's almost always the case.

My next purchase in the future is the HD Fury III. This will allow me to capture from HDMI output because it strips the signal of HDCP and lets me convert it to component cables. The only reason I'd get something like this is so I could stream from EVO monitors since people complain about my big TV. My bigscreen has less than 1 frame of lag (the same as the EVO monitors), but because of the screen size your movement feels different, so people say they have problems playing on it. Right now I don't see the purpose of dropping $200+ for something I don't really need at the moment.

I hope this helps. Remember: you can stream at low quality for 'little' cost, but if you want decent/good quality you're going to have to spend some money. If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask. Send me a PM if you need more help.

The coolest part is you could have the players behind the big TV and then everyone can crowd around your big ass LCD to watch shit while giving the players on stream some room.

SUPER DUPER AWESOME HELPFUL STUFF.

Thanks man. I'll go and discuss it with my friend. If we have any questions I'll be sure to PM you about them.

Yep, that was me. Played you first round. Sad times with brackets ;-;

Also shoutouts to DaiandOh(I think?) who wanted me to use Bang's astral during tourney lol

Also shoutouts to DaiandOh(I think?) who wanted me to use Bang's astral during tourney lol

i'm glad you didn't do so and expose my fraudulent ways even more.

i'm glad you didn't do so and expose my fraudulent ways even more.

No don't worry I wouldn't have been able to at all >_< I can't input double half circles for my life. And only somewhat consistently on one side. Nothing to worry about haha xD