Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

The Michigan Thread 35 - Kupo.

What are the rates for van rental?

If this works, 2-3 of us could be tagging along.

I'll look into prices on rentals later tonight while I'm at work. What I can tell you now is that hotel prices at the Sheraton are 178 per night. Thats room for four people on beds and one or two people on the floor. The more the merrier and of course less to pay with more dividends. Theres more to the plan and of course nothings set in stone until its all done and paid for hence why. I want to get a.headcount within the next month before rooms sell out and rates blow up.

Hey, I'm somewhat new to the BB community, and I live in Michigan. During the year I'm in East Lansing but for the summer I'm living at home in Kalamazoo. Saw the player list at the top and only saw one EL name, but if anyone not listed ever wants to play on 360 I really could use the practice offline rather than online so I can get some real feedback. I play Bang.

Also always down to smash :P

Bang.

smash

We're gonna be good friends.

Welcome to the scene. You got a skype account?

I do play melee CF. Fuck brawl.

Seriously though, I'm curious how many of you guys are pro-smash. I think playing melee Falcon is what gave me my appreciation for fighting games because he really takes prediction ability (rather than the top tiers like Fox and Falco who are fucking broken and approach braindeadedness--no johns).

But yeah, viva la smash.

Notalone.jpg

But yeah I like melee

I main cf

combos and techchases, lessgo

but dont expect too many smash players up and around

Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be many smash players, but it's all good. That's what smashboards is for, right? XD Good to see someone else reppin' the captain though, he really is the only way to go if you wanna have a blast at melee.

Seems to me like it's about the same on smashboards though--there's a BBCSE thread but other than that I doubt many smashers have touched BB. They're both excellent fighting games though.

Welcome to the Scene Zer Heinz.

Thanks. I noticed that the center of Michigan BB seems to be Detroit, but where/how often does Michigan/midwest hold tournies/"blazfests"? Planning to get straight up manhandled but I gotta start somewhere. Although I did order P4U too so it would be cool to start playing it with some experienced players right from the get-go.

Thanks. I noticed that the center of Michigan BB seems to be Detroit, but where/how often does Michigan/midwest hold tournies/"blazfests"? Planning to get straight up manhandled but I gotta start somewhere. Although I did order P4U too so it would be cool to start playing it with some experienced players right from the get-go.

Right now we've hit a snag, not too many BB tournies at all lately, but we do hold get togethers on Fridays once every two weeks.

You're more than welcome to come to those if you can, we normally have good turnouts.

speaking of which, this friday is good as usual for casuals. Except the bathroom sink is broken. So you gotta wash your hands in the kitchen.

PM me for adress and stuff if you need it, though unless someone new comes that wont be happening I imagine

Get on our skype chat if you wana talk hentai or fighting . Its also useful for planning everything last minute

Seriously though, I'm curious how many of you guys are pro-smash.

hahahahhahahahahahaha

Greats goes to school in the UP I think.

That's about it.

Get on our skype chat if you wana talk hentai or fighting . Its also useful for planning everything last minute

So much truth here that it's kinda funny.

So, are any of you even in that other part of Michigan, over the water? Or are you all conveniently in the same one?

There are only three things that live in the UP: Trees (lots of them, and I mean LOTS), wolves, and all sorts of bugs. You might even stumble across a small town if you're lucky.

Yeah, no smash in the UP either. I figure the only people there who would play video games are like college students at Tech, like a friend of mine. Most everyone is in the mitten.

Hi Heinz I have seen you post from somewhere before but I can't remember.

Welcome to the forums, when we see you you will then be welcomed into the scene.

Someone needs to inv me to the MI Skype chat. Heinz welcome to scene. So is anyone going to casuals today?