Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

The Michigan Thread 35 - Kupo.

You guys should invite me to the Michigan skype chat.

After all, I do live in Michigan. /violent cough

On it!

So... uh... anyone driving from Detroit to Season's Beatings?

I think axis is going and welcome to the scene ramzar266. Everyone is on skype most of the time so the thread moves slow.

I am going to be having casuals on Friday so if you want to come hit me up in the skype chat or on DL. There a good amount of people come and there's food. If people can bring set-ups that would greatly.

*sigh* well sense im going to be in the area anyway (school) i guess i can show. Cant bring my setup though.

unless someone else is hosting somewhere else...

*sigh* well sense im going to be in the area anyway (school) i guess i can show. Cant bring my setup though.

Shadow lives around Gratiot and Eleven mile now. Don't know if that makes your life harder or easier. We'll PM you the address.

Shadow lives around Gratiot and Eleven mile now. Don't know if that makes your life harder or easier. We'll PM you the address.

That's actually not that.far from me. I *might* be able to make it out there.

Also sup guys.

That's actually not that.far from me. I *might* be able to make it out there.

Also sup guys.

Yo is this Brandon?

Ack, wasn't able to get Internet and didn't see this, that's why I said email. Can anyonebe kind as to email me on any events If I can be invited. //has to be difficult

Ack, wasn't able to get Internet and didn't see this, that's why I said email. Can anyonebe kind as to email me on any events If I can be invited. //has to be difficult

I will. PM me your e-mail address.

Shardz has informed me that Ranbats is starting up again. Next Saturday, August 25 is the beginning of this season. Also P4A is there. Its in some place out in Sterling Heights. I'll get full details when i'm not in school.

=== DATE & TIME ===

Saturday August 25th

11am to 11pm

=== LOCATION ===

Sunnybrook Golf & Bowl - Banquet Hall

7191 E. 17 Mile Road

Sterling Heights, MI 48313

Banquet hall is in the middle of the facility near the middle/back

=== VENUE FEE ===

Venue fee is $5, everybody who is playing games in the hall will be charged venue.

=== SETUPS ===

Our scene is volunteer driven, we need consoles and copies of games to be able to ensure we can run the tournaments on time, anything you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

= CASUALS =

We will also have room for people to bring their own setups for casual play, the tournament setups will be available for casual play before and after the tournaments.

=== SCHEDULE ===

Registration starts 30 minutes before each game is scheduled to start, prices for each tournament are noted next to the game.

1:00 PM

Mortal Kombat ($5) (PS3 only)

Soul Calibur V ($5)

3:00 PM

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 ($10)

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown ($5)

6:00 PM

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012 ($10)

Persona 4 Arena ($5)

RETRO GAME TOURNAMENT

3:00 PM

Capcom vs. SNK 2 ($2) (PS2)

Note that these tournaments will most likely be run all day on one setup unless someone provides another. They’re mainly something fun to do for people who are attending the event, we can’t guarantee they’ll finish in a timely manner.

=== PAYOUT ===

The payout will be a 70/20/10 percent split of the whole pot paid out to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers of each tournament.

=== RULES ===

All games except the retro game will be ranked, see the Fall 2012 Season Info page for more information about rankings

https://docs.google.com/​document/d/​1gn1ujXY5PbKwhJp2tDL52dIkZS​5_MJhiePn52r4J6i8/edit

All games abide by the following rules

- Any console specific characters are banned

- Winners/Losers Finals/Grand Finals best 3/5 matches

- Timer, health and other match options are default unless noted otherwise.

- Winner of match keeps their character, loser may switch

- Button mapping/binding that is allowed in-game is legal

- Turbo/rapid fire/programmed controllers are illegal

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Soul Calibur V will be best 3 out of 5 games

All other games will be best 2 out of 3 games, except for the finals matches.

Thats all teh info.

Would be tempted to go for P4A but I don't have enough practice with the game yet...

Who has?

got my orders to go to NC in Dec. I'll be stopping by in MI around that time. Practicin P4 atm.

Sounds cool. Let's meet up when you do.

Guys help I messed up.

You gotta be more specific than that. What happened?

Who has?

People who have the game, at least they've had enough practice relative to me (day 2 yukikos don't do well).

Fuck, ranbats are even further than shadows house

So id need to shell out some $$$

And id need 5 for venue

And id need 15 to enter games because p4 and if i didnt enter marvel i would be lying to myself

...I think ill make 1 or 2 this whole season?

Shardz has informed me that Ranbats is starting up again. Next Saturday, August 25 is the beginning of this season. Also P4A is there. Its in some place out in Sterling Heights. I'll get full details when i'm not in school.

Thanks for posting ranbat shtuff blak! Hilariously I probably won't be able to make it 'cause of work since it was pretty short notice, but I'll see if I can figure something out. Either way, plz go and support P4A!! If nothing else I'll make sure I can go to the one after.