Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

The Michigan Thread 35 - Kupo.

I've got cousins I visit in Lansing, but I live in Ferndale (a suburb that borders on Detroit...) :/

There's like NO ONE here that plays Blazblue...

I wonder... does anyone here play BB at Wayne State University? That's where i'm going now...

Where do you guys get together? I'm sandwiched between 9 and 8 mile so I might be able to join. (I am a little scrubby tho~)

Still looks like I'm moving to Michigan next year, but it's Lansing. Still so far away from everyone -_-

rip Welcome to Michigan rip

Where do you guys get together? I'm sandwiched between 9 and 8 mile so I might be able to join. (I am a little scrubby tho~)

Forgot to check here before I left, sorry. I'll tell Chrono to PM you his address for next Friday.

It's okay so is Del.

:toot:

Jk

<3

Shoutouts to winning more matches than losing in MB today.

Thank goodness I didn't have to do a full ft10 against Chrono or else I might not have...

GGs to Chrono, Brendan, TheOgre(?), Rubedo.

Shoutouts to Rubedo claiming me and Brendan were the best BB players in the scene to one of the new guys.

Nice to see some more new faces, even if I didn't think to introduce myself :X.

Hey we're doing another BADC the week before NEC, if any of you can make it down that'd be sick. Greats is coming down so there's a ride for a few of you. Miller?

I may have to bail on this one due to saving $$$ for NEC, but we'll see.

Our Crossroads are 7 Mile and Beech Daly.

You would have loved being in the scene about a year ago, we used to have casuals right next door to Ferndale, I used to live there and host.

Del we should GG it up sometime. +R has been spoiling me, though.

Indeed...

+R Patch before the end of the year though. ;.;

I might be sharing drinks with some of you for my birthday. I'll let that be the only hint.

Double post to state that I'm no longer going to Youmacon because of the person I was going to room with canceling because a lacking of responsibility on their part.

Sorry dood. Im not trying to go past the person per room limit this year. It always gets too cramped in there. Plus Marriot staff getting kind of strict on that policy.

If someone drops, i'll let you know dood.

I wonder... does anyone here play BB at Wayne State University? That's where i'm going now...

There actually are a couple of people who play at Wayne State iirc. But they dont post on here so you have to try and find them sadly.

Hey guys,

It's been awhile but I came in here to post about the Midwest ASW Facebook Group. The purpose of this group is to help spread the word on events happening in the Midwest. So instead of posting your events only in the forums, you can post them there so that everyone in the Midwest area knows what events are happening nearby so they're aware and may go to your events. This also help with the spread of information since everyone doesn't always hit up Dustloop and may not be aware of any events happening in the Midwest that one may be able to go to with enough notice. Also, you can find matches with certain individuals with the Midwest ASW Player's Log, so if you are having issues with a match-up that may not exist in your scene, there may be someone in the Midwest area that can help you with that.

So if you guys are interested in joining the group, please join up and get in here!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/734565093227697/

I hope this works out and everyone is able to use this group to their advantage.

Oh fuck. Speaking of Youmacon. Lunakage you owe me some Blazblue matches from last year. Time and place nigga. Time and motherfucking place.

Also I'm considering giving up on my old roommate plans and moving to Ann Arbor regardless of whether I have living arrangements or not because >50% of the reason I want to move to Michigan is to be near a functioning BB scene.

In case you were picking A2 because we'd presumably be next door: we're not. Ann Arbor is ~30 mins away (as opposed to Lansing's hour travel distance? Might be worth it to you) from Redford, where we host weekly casuals nearly every Friday.

30min is close enough. The closest decent (and I use that term lightly) BB players to me right now are 40min away

I have to find a job first so I might just send my resume all over the area. If any of you guys have connections randomly hook me up but I'm graduating with a Bachelor's in Computer Science so I'm optimistically going for at least 50k starting salary

Will you be graduating before or after you move to MI?

Either way, take out an internship before you leave.