Sign in to follow this  
Shinobi!

AC: Ky Kiske Discussion

From what I could see, so far, Arcsys seriously wants to nerf him... but he also received some important tools that may make him a pretty solid character. If I understood correctly, he's getting Ray Divider as an EX move, and I'm cool with it (and I hope it gets a FRC point), and that 623 thing after H VT sounds useful for me (though I can see it a bit harder to use than Sol's SW). I'd really faint if Ky receives Aces High, but that's something that will never happen ;(

I'm liking Lightning Javelin, personally. It could really help with some of his combos as he lost some stuff, I mean 6K not being able to link into close 5S is just kinda bleh. Anyone remember GGX? Decreasing the attack level on 236S and making 236D dissapear after a while kinda sucks too but hopefully he'll still be able to pressure with them. Oh well, it's only beta so we'll see what happens in the final release. Hopefully it won't be too bad, but I hope Lightning Javelin stays. Actually one thing I'm also wondering is wether or not Lightning Javelin is possible on air HSVT or just ground HSVT. Ehhhhh whatever kinda useless talking about it now, we'll see.

I'm looking Forward to the Lessened Landing Recovery on HSVT. I think that means Reload Style VT Looping. Then maybe you can end it with 623H>623H> and find some way to recombo if the new move is anything like Sidewinder...

I'm looking Forward to the Lessened Landing Recovery on HSVT. I think that means Reload Style VT Looping. Then maybe you can end it with 623H>623H> and find some way to recombo if the new move is anything like Sidewinder...

I TOTALLY overlooked that. Shit, if they keep that..... :drool:

I'm wondering about the 236K Changes as well. Slower should be a negitive change. But Shorter Distance Might be a good thing or a really bad thing. Level 4 Stun Edge's are worse. If it's Slash's 236S Frame date. It should still be +1 on block I think at level 4. If its Reload does that mean Stun Edge would be Negitive on Block?

If its reload SE its gonna be negative...I say very negative. 236K's shorter distance is gonna pain me cuz I use far slash to SD to zone out Pot.

Nothing I've seen is negative enough to matter a whole lot. Slow stun edge advantage was a nice lol gimmick, SD not as comboable is not so bad since that'll stop a lot of players from messing up on getting the second hit/missing FRC when they should have just swept. Greed Sever losing comboability/GS loops is also a good thing since that'll force some players like myself to do better combos. Given how much the game is changing and that Ky's getting new moves...no idea if he's going to be good or not. Doesn't matter to me. So long as they take out the stuff other players looked at and said "lol stupid Ky" in Slash, I'll be pretty content. 2HS being one hit/slower with more damage was something I predicted...and all the other changes sound like sauce. It was said that in this game, they were trying to "up balance" everyone rather than doing such a thing. Though, even he is "nerfed", so what? He was too good anyway. Looking forward to a different, more specialized and complicated Ky. Which is what we're getting, sounds like.

It pains me to talk about Slash Ky in the past so soon. =( If they made him more complicated to play while still yielding good rewards, then he would be a balanced character. He was a relatively easy character to use for all of the tone ups that he got, but at the same time, he doesn't need to be nerfed to the point of uselessness. Overview: in #Reload he wasn't good enough, but in Slash he was too good. The developers are going to have to put in some extensive time finding that balance between both.

Just to say from what I read it doenst look like shoryuken loops are really possible. You can tech earlier now after being hit by the shoryuken. Plus besides that now duck hs is slower and only hits once, and the attack level of stand slash is lower to. Speaking of that f+k, stand s(you can not stand slash to light saber anymore), and slash fireball do less stun. Slash fireball is around level 3 apperently. And now even on counter hit, its difficult to combo after. So no more mid screen fireball counter hits, and then getting a combo in or even a slide. Its very difficult I guess. He also has a FRC on his HS fireball, but its really late into it, so its hard to combo after it anyway. No more shin akuma. No more 6k loop obviously. The 6hs is basicly isukas back turn attack. Staggers on normal hit, and if it hits you in the air(didnt seem to say it had to be counter from what I read)it bounces you against the wall. Also apperently the whole feet being invincable wasnt true? Also besides big fireball disapateing once it goes about full screen, its attack level is also apperently down, and its slower to come out. Its apperently isuka speed. Blah whatever all the other stuff has already been said I guess.

I'm not worried. The new stuff sounds cool, and the above mentioned nerfs...most of them sound so dumb, I am sure they are gonna fix um. Remember in / betas? SD couldn't combo from anything except HS I think it was? That was pretty dumb. I forget everything else. I remember then too FS you brought us all this and were like "Ky's gonna suck" and then we made jokes about him being top-tier. Oh the irony. Even if these changes stay, which they won't, we got Lightning Javelin. Woot! NOTHIN' BUT BUFFS BABY! That's the slogan for the buff Ky campaign =\.

I'm not worried. We got Sacred Javelin. Woot!

;(

Sometimes a character has to take a hit in order for the game as a whole to be better. I'm looking forward to anything.

As long as they don't make Ky XX style...I'm content to whatever changes are made...because we all know how much Ky sucked in XX...Hands down

Anything is better than GGX Ky.

This is all pretty much irrellavent tho, so whatever.

GGX wasn't so bad... Crescant Slash at least is more Stylish than Greed Sever. I hope they turn Stun Dipper back to how it is Slash tho. I cant really see myself using Stun Dipper over 2D Now if Stun Dipper has less Reach.

Crescent Slash could actually be used in combos in GGX. Greed Sever couldn't be used that way in XX. But still, I'm hoping the changes they're making don't make unable to compete with the rest of the cast.

His simplicity is what drew me to play him back in freaking X/XX, if they made him complicated now purely to justify him being 'good' then forget it. I've never been one for those type of characters anyway. :(

Im not sure what games you guys were playing, but light saber was way more comboable in XX etc then that flip slash ever was.

I still remember funny setups like SD, RC on second hit, 5S and Crescend Slash. For some reason, it worked :P

... what if Ky, for some stupid reason, receives Reversed Crescend? Yeah, not gonna happen in this life (or this game at least) but I'd lol. I wonder why ArcSys doesn't want to give Ky Aces High. It was a cool move, and I remember it being more damaging than Ride the Lightning itself.

There's a reason it worked. It's the same reasons they took it away. It's faster than any overhead should be and it doesn't even look like an overhead. It's too much of an advanced unique move for Ky to have. Ky is only allowed to have boring slow attacks that are all copied from every other 2D fighter, just like all of Sol's moves.

I'm cool with all the new changes except removing the comboability of GS (or so it seems right now). GS combos weren't particularly deadly or unbalanced so there seems no reason to nerf it so bad. Now it seems like, after i get in GS, it'll be like "Yeah, launcher!-oh yeah i can't do a thing".

Sign in to follow this