Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shoultzula

[VS] VSAV.EXE training beta for FBA Emulator

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cmvrlq

note* to program this, I basically had to program a sequence. If you hit the character out of the jump during the pushblock exercise, it will animate the rest of the sequence anyway which makes it look weird but it should go back to jumping shortly afterwards.

note* its vitally important you set up your training like this. 1p is you, 2p is set to keyboard and the buttons you need to setup are. lp=a, mp=s, fp=d, lk=z, mk=x, rh=c, udlr= arrow keys. I would of created a save state but FBA will not remember the inputs so you will have to input those yourself.

redid the exercises and some changes. EDIT*************

- added full chicken block to practice guard breaks.

- added a reversal practice after knock down.

- added FBA playbacks so new players can see how to use the exercises to prevent confusion.

I've sent it to the VS regulars on ggpo and none of them are having problems with the program so I know it works when set up properly. Sorry I couldn't make it more user friendly, I was limited by the emulator

I gotta rewrite this since asd zxc are my attacks lol.

Super ghetto way for KB players to make mini trainer savestates, using FBA-RR .03 :

Bind a state loader slot key to something very close to your attacks.

Bind pause to spacebar, it makes it easier to hit something and immediately pause then save to the slot bound to your loader.

Example, I bound Load Slot 9 to Q (my attacks are asd zxc) had Demitri vs Lei Lei in the corner, hit P2 HP and immediately paused with space, saved to slot 9 (shift +F9). Now I can hold back, load with Q and either push or GC practice. It's not as good as the exercise trainer, but it's another way of doing things.

Second way, for jab tech practice:

Bound P2 forward to P1 back.

Have a light attack near your directionals hand so you can hit it with a free finger.

Practice 1 hit teching jabs.

Note that holding/pressing that many buttons is probably going to require a gaming KB that doesn't suffer from ghosting or keyblocking.

Alternatively, you could bind the P2 light attack to P1 down, so when you go to crouchblock the jab will come out. This can apply to any control method really.

Edit: Method 2 is also a good way to practice the 63213 +attack GC buffer method. Not so much 6324 though.

Tried this out last night and it worked perfectly for me, I had no issues setting it up using the readme. I've been trying to teach myself to pushblock "properly" (my old habit was hp->lk) and this will definitely help. Thanks!