Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusty

[CSE] Hazama General Discussion - Lane Changin' Chain Swangin'! Lane Changin' Chain Swangin!....Fedora Boyz

I already did it. Working on transcribing combos from the Hazama video tutorials now. Don't worry I'll only get the simple ones and the useful ones. I'll leave the offensive and defensive strategy part to the rest of you.

Wow, disappear for a bit and come back to see some good stuff around here.

The Haz wiki is looking more complete now.

Yay, us.

I just realized that the frame data boxes are messed up. The guard properties are in the P2 box as well as some other messed up things. Will work on transcribing combos later, have to attend to this issue first.

I might ask shtkn if I can edit the template so that we can include guard data as well.

EDIT: While I was fixing the frame data boxes, it seems someone had already taken the liberty of doing it. You have my thanks, whoever you are. Now back to work on transcribing combos.

Finally got the play extend extensively today at casuals! Really like how things are rolling and was a little hard getting slightly used to the new changes, Like 214D~B still being able to be teched in the air on Fatal or CH so I couldn't do any other shannenegins after hitting it :(. I really did enjoy doing the corner combos, oki was delicious!

I guess you guys could also put a "colors" section with the images of all hazama's colors?

A quick google search gave these:

http://www.giantbomb.com/blazblue-continuum-shift/61-28321/all-images/52-371507/hazama/51-1457750/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/709/hazamacolorchart.jpg/

Also I think that the explanation of the chain follow ups right after 5D is kind of...weird?

I think it would make more sense if they were either put before or after the chain explanations.

Or maybe you guys could set it up like how Ragna's DP are?

With a general intro on chain, and then two expandable descriptions with one being all the chains and the other one being the possible approaches?

You could do something like:

(quoting from Dusty's chain zoning guide)

[intro:]

Hazama's chain zoning to said the be the best zoning tool in the game, for it's ability to be so versatile, chains give Hazama the option to keep even the most hardcore rush down characters out and shut down most other zoners zoning game.

Chain are a very powerful tool but only if used right. Chains have the ability to be incredible safe by using A cancels. Chain also have the ability to fly Hazama away from the opponent to a safe distance, or fly in on the opponent to pressure them.

[Expandable explanation of xChain]

[Expandable explanation of ~x follow ups]

The follow ups right after 5D kind of have a weird..."flow" if you get what I mean.

I know that "another" intro feels like a repetition of what is written at the top of the page under "Drive:Ouroboros", but I think that in this case it's fine.

Still a pretty good job so far!

I knew the decision to put the follow ups after 5D felt a little odd, I just figured it would go well with the picture flow (y'know, since those pictures are based off of 5D~ chain follow-ups). I do like the idea of expandable descriptions. Perhaps keep the 5D follow-ups displayed and leave the rest optional for each subsequent chain? E.g.:

2D

(description)

• A follow-up (expand)
  • B follow-up (expand)
  • C follow-up (expand)
  • D follow-up (expand)

I can make pictures for those if you want, but frankly, that would be a little overkill. Plus I'm about to have a lot less free time what with school starting back up again. I think I'll go ahead and move the follow-ups back to the bottom for the time being.

@corner

(lv1) 214D~A RC 5C 3C 236D 66C [5C 2C tk j.214B]x3 5C 2C 214D~B 3C~

DMG: 2566 HG:47

It doesn't do much, but since we get back 47 heat anyway I'd say it's a decent option to keep in mind.

i'm sure this has been asked a million times, but i'm having trouble with the hirentotsu loop. i delay the 5c 2c as much as i can and i keep seem to connect another 5c after the hirentotsu. would anyone have any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong or possibly make a video tutorial explaining the steps, i've been racking my brain but i can't seem to figure it out.

sorry if this should have gone elsewhere.

Issues you could be having and their solutions:

Make sure you let both hits of 5c come out

Superjumping the tk motion will make linking 5c afterwords near impossible

Use advanced input for the otg 5c to make the link as easy as possible

Compensate for 2c's large hitstop by inputting the air special early, but hitting the button late

^Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, if you want to get good at the dash 5C, just think to yourself that the timing of pressing C is no different, you're just inputting a dash before it. Although, for me, the best time to input a dash has been just after Hazama touches the ground after hirentotsu.

I decided that I really wanted to know what would break the 2147B loop, so I did some research in the only game I could get 60 fps footage from, BB:CS1.

Now, I really don't know exactly how Hazama's 5C, 2C och 2147B have changed since then except for the normals getting lower hitboxes, but the basic theory behind this should still be valid.

Turns out that there's four ways to drop it in CS1, namely:

1. Doing 2C too early or too late. There's 3 frames in total that will work, one more and the 5C can't be canceled anymore, one less and they're too low. I've got pictures showing exact heights for these three frames + if you do it one frame too early.

2. Jump canceling 2C too late. Again, there's 3 frames here you can JC at and still keep the combo going, the first possible frame, and the two after it.

3. 214B not coming out on the first frame possible in the air.

4. 5C not hitting on the first possible frame.

Nr 4 means that something must have been changed since then unless I've misunderstood something about advanced input for step type characters. In CS1 it appears impossible to do a dashing 5C, since you cannot afford even one frame of dashing animation come out. Please feel free to inform me of exactly what has changed, or of how I've misunderstood advanced input dashing normals for Hazama.

Nevertheless, this most likely highlights the difficuly level of the loop: one 3f real link, must JC early and do an early TK, and one 5f advanced input link at the end. Not that hard if you know what actually matters in it. I had no idea that the JC had to be immediate, and hopefully someone else than me learned something from this too ^^ Pictures may be editable to a format that is actually viewable if people ask for it

PS, For those saying that a 2147B input will give you a superjump, what are you guys doing? You won't since YOU'RE ALREADY HOLDING 2 FROM THE 2C. Mind you, a forward jump is still better since you get one frame of forward/backward motion in the air before the TK comes out, but accidental superjumps are not the real reason to use 963214B or 2149B

I'm going to be honest when I happen to mention this. I don't care how much speculation you guys make with Hazama changes or how many videos you guys have watched, I can care less how many loops you can do in CS/CSII or how many absurd chains you can throw everywhere for 8k+ (with stupid meter gain). How about we start organizing this board into something worth viewing and save the theory for when we do have the game.

Congratulations to the few who did import the game, eighty-five and some change after deliver and all that mess.

I'm not one to provide ideas unless I can really back it up with evidence.

I played CSE today and Jakou recovery has been increased a lot as you all know. Although I'm not sure if it was that or the TV itself because I couldn't even finish Tager combos.

I played CSE today and Jakou recovery has been increased a lot as you all know. Although I'm not sure if it was that or the TV itself because I couldn't even finish Tager combos.

The recovery has for sure been increased because I felt the same way too when using jakou, But You eventually get used to it.. Same as with 214D~B being air techable on fatal and everything.

Yes, it has been changed alot.

If by tager combos you mean the meterless 3k one off 6b+c, then you gotta delay slightly your 623D otherwise your dash 5C will hardly if ever connect (or at least that what I do).

I'm going to be honest when I happen to mention this. I don't care how much speculation you guys make with Hazama changes or how many videos you guys have watched, I can care less how many loops you can do in CS/CSII or how many absurd chains you can throw everywhere for 8k+ (with stupid meter gain). How about we start organizing this board into something worth viewing and save the theory for when we do have the game.

Congratulations to the few who did import the game, eighty-five and some change after deliver and all that mess.

I'm not one to provide ideas unless I can really back it up with evidence.

How about pointing out what's wrong or what's right instead of being like "YOOOOOOOOOO LET'S DO....something", otherwise you aren't helping either.

Plus I really don't see how this board is any bad when the Hazama wiki is easily one of the better wikis (or was for a quite a bit) thanks to Zeron, ZeroRaider and MetalMaelstrom.

No I meant Tager's new CSE combos. I couldn't do some of the easiest combos in the world. I said that to show how different the timing was on that TV compared to mine (AND the PSP) so I couldn't do any Hazama combos either. Hopefully, I can do some fancy Haz combos once I get my own CSE.

I'm updating the Hazama wiki slowly but surely. I should have a large part of the combo section done by Saturday. I apologize for being so lazy with this so far. However, if I don't see the offense/defense strategy section filled out by next weekend, I might do that as well.