Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusty

[CSE] Hazama General Discussion - Lane Changin' Chain Swangin'! Lane Changin' Chain Swangin!....Fedora Boyz

I have more requests, Sey (sorry :gonk:). Since you can do at least 2-3 TK loop reps off most starters in the corner and garner at least 50 heat, can you show us a few samples of said loops with Mizuchi enders? I want to get an idea of just how much they scaled the damage back on Mizuchi. Also, can you see what you can do off a meterless midscreen throw (e.g., 6B+C>623D>dash 2B>??? or 4B+C>214D~D(fast)>j.6D~D>??? not sure what connects after that)?

Tip: do this in challenge mode, as it always resets your meter, and some even start you off in the corner. Just be quick to look at your damage and meter whenever you finish your combo, and you should be fine.

5B 5C 4 loops: 3493

5B 5C 4 loops Mizuchi: 4573

4B+C 214D~D j.6D~D dash 2C 6D~A 4D~D j.B j.Cx2 j.Cx5 j.214B

DMG: 2972 HG: 36

Of course if you throw the opponent into the corner with back throw, you can do 214D~D j.6D~D hiren loop into whatever.

Can't really do much off forward throw without meter, the hitstun on 623D makes it so dash 3C > 236D is either very hard/height dependent or impossible (I say this because I think that yesterday I did 6B+C 623D dash 3C 236D on some character, but atm I'm trying it on Relius and I just can't do it).

You can do something like 6B+C 623D dash 2B, but so far the opponent techs right away after 2B.

I guess it may be possible to do something with forward throw while Hazama has his back to the corner, I'll try later.

edit:

well looking at the stuff done on the third part of the jp hazama tutorial video, I guess I wasn't too far off with what I've been doing in the last 2 days :toot:

Tried that 214D~B > 5A stuff off a generic two rep loop off 5B 5C: you can link 214D~B after the 3C, but you are pretty much out of range after that, and even a dash 5A won't connect.

Or even if you do something like [1st rep] dash [2n rep] 214D~B dash 3C 214D~B, 5A won't connect.

What if instead of doing a 214D~B after the 3C... you do 3C > 236D > [Moar stuff] to force an air tech?

What if instead of doing a 214D~B after the 3C... you do 3C > 236D > [Moar stuff] to force an air tech?

You wouldn't want to do 236D that late in the combo, especially when you have something like 214D~B that has better P2 and a higher wallbounce.

5C Hountejin dash 214D~C 6C dash [5C 2C tk j.214B] dash 5C j.Cx5 2C tk j.214B dash [5C 2C tk j.214B] dash [5C 2C tk j.214B] 5C 2C 214D~B 3C Mizuchi

DMG: 7282 HG: 0 (you get exactly 50 when starting from 5C)

Midscreen to corner carry, works (at least) on Ragna :yaaay:

Also found a meterless 3k combo on tager off forward throw.

6B+C 623D dash 2C 5C 6D~D j.B j.Cx2 j.Cx5 j.214B

DMG: 3090 HG: didn't bother taking notes

It's also possible to loop him just like we did in CS2, can't really end it with something decent though.

6B+C 623D [dash 5C 623D]x2

@Sey: Nice job representing Italy in the latest EXPOSED! video, you sexy little animal <3

I was so embarrassed in that video loll

In part#4 of the japanese tutorial video it seems like they explain when to drop an hiren rep and do something else to be able to link Mizuchi off 3C in the corner, guess I'll see what's up with that later.

oh and in a recent nico stream I saw Noze doing this nice oki setup where he would dash into the corner (behind the opponent) and then either neutral jump/command grab or iad back j.2C/j.B, it was also done pretty fast so it was kind of confusing;

I tried doing it but eventually I found out that I did not remember off what kind of knockdown he was doing that :psyduck:

Anyone else other than me happened to watch the stream I'm talking about and took notice of this setup?

The stream also had Dora in it, it was something like a 3on3 PSN tournament I think.

And for oki setups, I saw UDON (who, afaik, is just ADON under a new card name) end 214D~B with a blue beat 6B on multiple occasions for no apparent reason...

Isn't it because 6B knocksdown on air hit in EX? Or does it not do that?

Yo Dusty, Zidane, Hazama bros, real talk

This is how you're supposed to play your character.

That was entertaining. Thank you, Luminbro.

Quick question who is Mitsurugi hazama and where the fuck was he all of CS1 & 2?

I think he was a GG player.

He's pretty impressive.

Isn't it because 6B knocksdown on air hit in EX? Or does it not do that?

Well, yeah 6B does knockdown, my point is that the opponent can just tech and not get hit by the 6B (hence "blue beat 6b").

And just in case no one noticed:

http://godsgarden.jp/gg2/search.php

this is the voting form for GG #5, press on the first button to vote for your favorite player, and the second one to vote against them.

you get 4 "like" and 1 "dislike" per day (the site resets everyday after japanese midnight).

there are 4 Hazama's you can vote for: Buppa, Noze, UDON, Mitsurugi.

if you can't navigate the site, to see all the Hazama players select from the drop-down list ハザマ and click the 検索 button.

Buppa : ぶっぱ

Noze : のぜ

UDON : UDON

Mitsurugi : ミツルギ

I've been voting for a few days Noze/Buppa/Mitsurugi/UDON and at times Tokido (dark13 on the list, I really want to see him play against top jp players~), and down voting KojiKOG (stay free Tager).

As of yesterday the results are

https://twitter.com/#!/kosanzi523/status/152761004365848576

(in order from 1° to 20°)

Shonen

Tsujikawa

Ren

Buppa

Souji

Dora

Tokido

Noze

Nemo

Kuresu

Kaqn

H.H

R-1

Goro

Chou

Hima

Nezu

Minami

Ito

Konan

I got bored and... the max number of hirentotsu reps in CS1 is 6.

Most likely Tager or Ragna on the receiving end of that. Boredom must be so bad that you have to keep on discovering things on a dead game. Maybe it's time to shelve that game and look into another game until you get your hands on CSE. You don't want to burn yourself out so soon.

Most likely Tager or Ragna on the receiving end of that. Boredom must be so bad that you have to keep on discovering things on a dead game. Maybe it's time to shelve that game and look into another game until you get your hands on CSE. You don't want to burn yourself out so soon.

It wasn't on Tager or Ragna. It's not character specific. I think it was on Jin though.

Well, yeah 6B does knockdown, my point is that the opponent can just tech and not get hit by the 6B (hence "blue beat 6b").

It's probably for better oki. If they refuse to tech, you get a knockdown from 6B. If they tech, 6B has very good recovery and will easily put you at frame advantage. He must prefer this compared to ending with 3C or such which just forces emergency tech.

Hope you are enjoying new years, guys.

All was good until the bitter end. Lady tried to turn a situation in her favor by getting more money off of 3rd party people during her party but her forms says that the family pays for their own and friends. I was covered but I was unaware of the situation so when I explained this to the family that I was with a shit storm unfolded and she fusses at me on the side saying it will be posted on facebook.

I can give to rats ass about facebook and you're more concerned about your status, get real woman. I no longer can't express anymore sympathy for her.

This is why I'm glad that I don't blog on any kind of site.

All was good until the bitter end. Lady tried to turn a situation in her favor by getting more money off of 3rd party people during her party but her forms says that the family pays for their own and friends. I was covered but I was unaware of the situation so when I explained this to the family that I was with a shit storm unfolded and she fusses at me on the side saying it will be posted on facebook.

I can give to rats ass about facebook and you're more concerned about your status, get real woman. I no longer can't express anymore sympathy for her.

This is why I'm glad that I don't blog on any kind of site.

WHAT IS LOVE

I suck really bad with the kick loop combo.

Anyone got advice on how to go about doing it better?

PLEASE HELP!! :(

Make sure 5C hits twice.

Slightly delay 2C.

Input hirentotsu as 8214B or 9214B.

That's it!

If you delay 2C and input hirentotsu the right way, looping it is pretty much automatic~

You could more than likely just mash 5C and still pick them up (I don't suggest mashing 5C though, it's just an example).

Make sure you are doing tk hirentotsu as 9214B or 8214B (or even 7214B I guess), that's easily the most important part to learn to be able to get the hiren loop down consistently.

Doing 2147B gives you a tk super jump hirentotsu (you can see the sj trails when doing it that way) and that just fucks up everything unless you do it really slowly/figure out the right timing.

I think the most important visual cues are 'traces' and the position of the character you're hitting. I believe I've said this before, but every C move that Hazama has (besides 6C) has a 'trace' to it. It's mostly just for flare, but if you wait until these 'traces' disappear before your next move comes out, I guarantee you'll be getting the timing right. Also, by the time you input 2C after 5C, the opposing character should be airborne at about the height of Hazama's neck/shoulders. While doing 2C, you can advance input 9214 (I do it 963214 just to make sure I input the 2 correctly. It should feel like you're making a 'J' with the stick) and as soon as the 'trace' of 2C disappears, press B while holding back. As for connecting 5C after j.214B, just watch your landing. And for the dash, if you input it just as you land or a few frames after and then press C, it should come out right. Really, the loop is all about patience. Nothing about the loop is too particularly fast, so as long as you pay attention, you should get the timing down in no time at all.

Those are awesome suggestions, would you say the timing is similar in CSX as it is in CS2? I haven't bothered learning the reps yet on CS2 because of impatience and lack of people to play, but seeing as i'll have a chance to play CSX this weekend I might do a bit of practice with what I have (CS2).

Hopefully by the time Extend is out in the west i'll have all new internet and will be back to my netplay ways. Anyways, what's been up with the Haz bros? Is anybody actually still playing this character? Enjoying your last few weeks with the midscreen CS2 relaunch?