Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusty

[CSE] Hazama General Discussion - Lane Changin' Chain Swangin'! Lane Changin' Chain Swangin!....Fedora Boyz

5A isn't even an air normal, I thought we were discussing its uses as an anti-air...

It works as an anti-air vs Tager j.2C imoimoimo

5A isn't even an air normal, I thought we were discussing its uses as an anti-air...

It works as an anti-air vs Tager j.2C imoimoimo

Sorry, I meant j5A. I ashamed at having provided such falsified information.

3c works great against Belial Edge as well. It's all in the timing. If you can't get it to work that just MEANS YOU'RE BAD.

no it's not

also yeah great idea to use a low against a move in the air, i'm sure you'll get stupendous results out of that

that'd be like using bang 3C as an anti-air

no it's not

also yeah great idea to use a low against a move in the air, i'm sure you'll get stupendous results out of that

that'd be like using bang 3C as an anti-air

But didn't Bang's 3c get a head invincibility in cp? So atleast it can work as an AA, eventhough it's not exactly the most practical AA

So atleast it can work as an AA, eventhough it's not exactly the most practical AA

please don't make me argue about this, i guarantee none of us will be happy souls afterwards.

depending on spacing and timing 2C will beat both Ragna's jC / double jump BE if he tries to "bait" your 2C (not that it works/is done that often, but meh, it's still an option) and of course keep you safe if they just do jump in barrier.

"there's obviuosly nothing to discuss about Hazama, therefore let's say dumb shit about match ups"

cp is a better game than extend anyway, 4k off meterless 2C AA 'sup

please don't make me argue about this, i guarantee none of us will be happy souls afterwards.

Slight joking aside to call Bang's 3c an actual AA, i have had experienced my jump in's ruined a very few times by makoto's slide in CS2. But i think it was more because of my poorly spaced jumps rather than the head and body invincibility of Makoto's 3c.

To me its more like have a gun and using it a blunt striking weapon instead.

So, like playing Noel then?

i.e. dumb?

depending on spacing and timing 2C will beat both Ragna's jC / double jump BE if he tries to "bait" your 2C (not that it works/is done that often, but meh, it's still an option) and of course keep you safe if they just do jump in barrier.

If you want serious AA discussion then here it is:

Your best AA tools for Haz are 5C, 2C, and 5A. 5A and 5C are both significantly more useful at closer ranges when your opponent is pressuring you, for instance when they try to IAD you. 5A is especially useful against Bang when he tries to cross you up. During startup, both 5C and 2C have very comparable hitboxes (Hazama does actually duck pretty low during 5Cs startup, low enough to dodge a lot of 5As).

2C has head invulnerability from frame 8, but no actives til frame 13. The head invulnerability ends at frame 12 which is really annoying because it means you can trade with this move. In order to not trade, you have to completely negate an enemy attack's active frames with the invulnerability frames.

5C has no invulnerability, but has a more forward-reaching hitbox and only has an 10 frame startup. What's even better about 5C is that it has 2 hits so it has a longer set of active frames. The trade-off about using 5C is that it has 2 more frames of vulnerability than 2C does.

Never try to use 5B against aerial opponents. Even though it might feel like it, it doesn't hit aerial people very well at all.

If you've got the meter, you should always follow up air hits with Jakou > microdash Houtenjin as soon as possible, preferably immediately after confirming. This setup is one of Hazama's most powerful combo starters.

--------

Also, I don't think there's a single "good" Ragna out there who would just throw Belial Edge out against an opponent during neutral.

Also also,

stop talking about Bang's 3C being used as an AA

My 5A gets wrekd by Bang crossups :( 2C works just fine though, I guess it's all about the timing.

Might start using 5C AA as well, that CH into Zaneiga meterless combo is too tempting :v:

It's things like CtrlAltWtf's explanation that prove my point exactly. Those are pretty much all things we knew or you could have derived knowledge from the wiki to learn. There's no need to "discuss" it if all you're discussing is just regurgitating information that's already there. The rest is just timing, spacing, and match-up specific. To be honest, I'd rather just discuss CP Hazama stuff here. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm kind of sick of playing EX Hazama. I guess we could also discuss stupid shit that makes Hazama more fun to play.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm kind of sick of playing EX Hazama. I guess we could also discuss stupid shit that makes Hazama more fun to play.

Am I alone when I say CP Hazama looks super dull?

Am I alone when I say CP Hazama looks super dull?

When you see a combo with 4 to 5 reps of J.C mash you can't be alone in that thought.

Ok CP Haz.

Well I noticed I havent seen anyone use his CT. I wonder if its cause they are forgetting about it or maybe it just sucks (range on it doesn't look too great)

WHY CANT HE HAVE ANYTHING GOOD?

We get stance dash, which we didn't need, but it looks so fucking fun.

It's got plenty of uses, not the least of which is setting up his new super throw. I personally can't wait to do corner cross-up shenanigans with it.

If there's one thing we didn't need in CP it was jC loops.

I kind of don't know what you people want from him in terms of combos. Besides, I find that the neutral to getting the hits is far more exciting and interesting than doing the combo, unless it's some super crazy hype combo. I mean, I guess you could not be excited for CP because the combos look kind of boring instead of the dominating neutral game and new tools you have. I mean, you could, if you are, you know, if you're stupid.