Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star-Demon

[CS2-CSE] Litchi Faye Ling - Player Improvement & Video Critique Thread

yeah yeah yeah. This is about ME, you know. :P

Unless you mean I'm giving him a handful and a half, then I'm okay with that.

you're getting a lot of chuns, even if you don't mean to. try and see what you can get off of it in training mode so in a real match, you'l know what to do if you get a hit with it.

Looking for some players just recently picked up the game and using litchi wanted to see if anyone can give pointers through actual matches

"There are no BnBs. Only Situations."

"You Just Have to be Good."

"Just Scrub Itsuu"

"Just Staff and mash overheads, she's not real."

Honestly, your primary objective with Litchi is to - like all characters - get them to the corner; but Litchi has to make really good staffless to staff transition and create situations to do damage and prevent getting damaged all while stripping down your opponent's resources and options. It's not easy at all, and experience and understanding is the biggest thing you need to do that next to a lot of execution.

There aren't many other characters that require as many tight special cancels as Litchi. (On top of her tight timing and positioning.)

I can't really tell you to "just do X, then Y and win" because I've been begging for that kind of silver bullet in understanding for two years and I haven't gotten anything close to that other than "Just scrub Itsuu". This is a seriously interesting character because she's pure opportunity and creativity.

Anyone else that tells you otherwise is doing you a disservice and is not helping you and is not taking the character seriously.

Looking for some players just recently picked up the game and using litchi wanted to see if anyone can give pointers through actual matches

look at some videos and try to practice the best you can. it's good that you are asking for some hands on exp (as IMO i think that's the best way to learn) some good pointers i can give it to practice staff and staffless combos so you know what to do in certain situations. the goal is to use both stances to your advantage and get the opponent scared of your next move. she has a strong neutral game as well as great pressure and beautiful oki. check out the wiki page for more info so you can get a better idea on where to start :D welcome to the litchi clan my dear friend.

heres the link to help you get started

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Litchi_Faye_Ling_(BBCSE)

Yeah i learnt her combos, just looking for actual MU experience and playing against a Litchi player would help as they can tell me what im doing wrong etc.

Yeah i learnt her combos, just looking for actual MU experience and playing against a Litchi player would help as they can tell me what im doing wrong etc.

that's a good start then. i'm not on psn but i'm sure you can fine some good litchi players to play against.

yeah yeah yeah. This is about ME, you know. :P

Unless you mean I'm giving him a handful and a half, then I'm okay with that.

well....obviously ur giving him a lot of trouble...

believe it or not, ur getting better, just keep practicing especially ur combo executions(practice mode) and hit confirming into combos(play with peoples)

Are there any midscreen combos not listed on the wiki I should start learning early on? Eventually I need to learn corner combos but I feel like my neutral pressure is lacking to the point I can't effectively carry to the corner consistently enough.

I think 5b 2c 4d[m] is already a good corner carry

if u have meter, 5b 2c RC itsuu.a and so on

if u get j.2d hit confirm, j.2d 5d[slight hold] haku chun tk.chun staff2 6b[m] 6d

otherwise if u don't wanna opt for a corner carry combo, go for a knockdown instead with tsubame/3c[m]/6c[m] and do staff set>staff launch

Thanks for the ideas.

I can do most of her basic short ones that have corner carry. I just figured I should ask if there were any longer combos I should learn first that aren't on the wiki for midscreen since it only has 2 combos based off a 2A starter. Currently I'm trying to work on one of her ItsuuB starter combos, hopefully I'll get the tight special cancels down soon. :)

Still haven't really learned anything...

Same shit, different video, as far as I'm concerned.

I post these in hopes I may learn something someday.

I honestly just see you doing whatever you want in neutral, and it doesn't make any sense. Someone blocks the staff, you run away; you 6B, but they're 2 inches from your face; you ditch the staff almost immediately in a matchup where it's useful. You don't look like you know what's going on in the match until you land a hit, and even then, the hit has to be in the corner or off something really braindead at absolute midscreen.

My recommendation is to go practice everything that -isn't- combos. You can (and need to) practice everything in your play that isn't a realtime neutral game against a real opponent, and that includes blockstrings, varying blockstrings, hitconfirming, setplay, okizeme, choosing okizeme mixups, performing okizeme mixups, confirming okizeme mixups, choosing normal mixups, performing normal mixups, confirming normal mixups, spacing your normals, practicing various approaches, learning your position on screen relative to the rest of the stage, any generic system options that give you trouble (IAD gives me hell in some games, so I grind it), any character-specific options that have harder exec but are important (TK chun is a good example for EX Litchi), and a ton of other things. It's about making it so you're already familiar with -anything- you might want to do in a match. It makes your life a lot easier.

2c hits at a particular angle which hits certain moves that itsuu a cannot. Due to its lower hitbox and reach, it's use as an anti air is limited, only being useful in certain situations, if you know it will block or hit.

Generally, you'll get the most mileage out of it by using it as an anti mash. It is also good against a cornered foe; they cannot get over it easily as it is air unblockable and safe options on hit or block. It also cuts off their movement in said corner. What I mean is, the staff prevents them from jumping while retaining a low hitbox which will hit crouches as well.

Basically, use it sparingly for the sake of anti airing, and stick to itsuu (a)/ 5a/2a/ja, even hatsu which are just as situational but superior for that purpose.