Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star-Demon

[CS2-CSE] Litchi Faye Ling - Player Improvement & Video Critique Thread

I think I did really good on this one, but he didn't even burst, and I take it he considered me totally free and held back.

so I don't know. Did I do things well on this one? or am I not playing this right at all and he's just hitting me for free?

i dont think youre playing that match properly

really, youre more or less playing it the same you play every single match... though that hakumen wasnt very stellar either

i saw you actually guard point an aerial before letting go with the follow up, which was good, but you need to do it more often, you don't have to let it go every time

i dont think the hakumen didnt burst because he thought you were free, im sure he wouldnt have bursted no matter who was playing him

now i dont normally do this, but im actually curious about what you guys think of my play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCw9yRl9RN0&feature=plcp vs Ragna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptb9PAPG-5A&feature=plcp vs Carl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2IVkH_yPX4&feature=plcp vs Bang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYmRjo7L9C8&feature=plcp vs Makoto

Your Carl match stood out to me the most because you had a good mixture of controlling your space , handling the doll and keeping momentum throughout the match. You made that matchup seem more in Litchi's favor as well.

I didn't know somebody uses the "swag" combo as well from time to time.

i dont think youre playing that match properly

really, youre more or less playing it the same you play every single match... though that hakumen wasnt very stellar either

i saw you actually guard point an aerial before letting go with the follow up, which was good, but you need to do it more often, you don't have to let it go every time

When I first started EX, I would do it fine more often, and now I always let go as soon as I get touched and get hit for it. It's really frustrating. It's easiest with slow moves, but I think people are learning to try different things now and have the tech to deal with it.

Also - I try to play vs hakumen very different. I never attack...

if youre using it ground to ground, there is a real chance you can get hit by a low, but if you use it as anti-air, there are literally only 2 or 3 chars that can do anything that isnt block....

also, litchi can very easily set the pace in neutral vs hakumen imo

well my old account got deleted so i had to make a new one

i think i got better (but i cant say for sure v.v) tell what you guys think and leave as much constructive advice as you can ^_^ thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhmWIo2yx-k&feature=channel&list=UL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTpHywWouRk

I'm beginning to believe mirror matches should be counted as an actual matchup.

If I can just tighten up my game...I can have fun and win matches like these.

This was a close match against a Carl and since there are very few of them out there I had a hard time. Can anyone tell me how I can improve in this match.

Lemme try one of these again. The one I gave horokei was good.

I think you did a good job getting the damage into Carl, but I think you had trouble understanding the best tools for the job you were doing. the reasons you took damage and ended up in bad situations is that you misspaced a move or got too greedy thinking you could still have your turn.

"You just have to be good" - you were good, but not good enough to beat the 6-4 Carl matchup. He's hard. That Carl was no slouch. I wonder what would happen if you played more passive versus that one?

For bad Litchi matchups, just follow LK's bad matchup advice of "Just turtle" and "just be good at the game". =P

So - in three things:

1. You just have to be good.

2. Block more.

3. Know when your turn is over.

I know this is silly but there's some zen here to be had.

FIGURE IT OUT DO BETTER.

Lemme try one of these again. The one I gave horokei was good.

video

I think you did a good job getting the damage into Carl, but I think you had trouble understanding the best tools for the job you were doing. the reasons you took damage and ended up in bad situations is that you misspaced a move or started panicking at a bad time

"You just have to be good" - you were good, but not good enough to beat the 6-4 Carl matchup. He's hard. That Carl was no slouch. I wonder what would happen if you played more passive versus that one?

For bad Litchi matchups, just follow LK's bad matchup advice of "Just turtle" and "just be good at the game". =P

So - in three things:

2. Block more.

FIGURE IT OUT DO BETTER.

Fixed

and i'll see how i can used what you just told me to aide myself. about "you just have to be good" well no one can just be good, to get good one must practice in traning mode and with the right people.

i'm trying to block more but i find once i start blocking i keep blocking for the rest of the round to scared to counter. so i'm stuck blocking until they hit me with an unseen move or until times up and they win because of chip.

know when it's my turn against carl >.> you have been sandwiched before right, there is no you turn just guess right of get hit. but i'll try to see what i can do when i'm not cornered/sandwiched.

thanks

You dare challenge EVO level advice? Yoooo even *I* listen to LK.

It sucks when you panic mode - I have the same problem when I get beaten up early. You just need more experience and someone to play regularly and discuss the match with regularly.

You were not sandwiched that badly. You can actually be up against a Carl like that one and block the shit and know when and how to end his turn and get out. You chose wrong because, as I said, you aren't familiar with that player's habits and Carl's gatlings.

I can imagine that, if you played more passively, he could pressure you more consistantly, but I don't know if you can block as much of it and get out.

Just play good carls a lot.

You dare challenge EVO level advice? Yoooo even *I* listen to LK.

It sucks when you panic mode - I have the same problem when I get beaten up early. You just need more experience and someone to play regularly and discuss the match with regularly.

You were not sandwiched that badly. You can actually be up against a Carl like that one and block the shit and know when and how to end his turn and get out. You chose wrong because, as I said, you aren't familiar with that player's habits and Carl's gatlings.

I can imagine that, if you played more passively, he could pressure you more consistantly, but I don't know if you can block as much of it and get out.

Just play good carls a lot.

Challenging....evo.....ad...que O.O plus i don't have twitter or any of that so i can't listen to someone who's never said anything to me right??? xD i get what you mean just playing around a bit.

i have people i play regularly, just not carl so anyone who's not carl i can do decent against......and lambda.........and tao.....damn theres hardly ever anyone on anymore -_-

well i try not to get sandwich at all, and that gold burst was suppose to be green.

i dont know either *shrugs*

>.> did you not read the description, crazy apes is like the only carl on xbl xD. so fighting more good carls will be a challenge.

You know what? I didn't think about the fact it was XBL. There's fewer XBL carls than even PSN carls.

Looks like you gotta raise your own Carl to fight them.

You know what? I didn't think about the fact it was XBL. There's fewer XBL carls than even PSN carls.

Looks like you gotta raise your own Carl to fight them.

yeah we have like very few good people on xbl you'll only find like 2 rooms 5 on a good day >.>

i troll with carl, the only combo i know is 5bb 623c(421d) 5b j.b dj.b j.c (shadow ball hits) j.b dj.b j.c >.> this may sound sexist but i can't play male characters xD. i know what you mean though, playing another character helps you understand them so when you fight them, you'll know what to expect.

Edit: for lulsz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sGJOGOUV78&feature=g-upl

So - in three things:

2. Block more.

FIGURE IT OUT DO BETTER.

/me taking notes....

(y)

anyway, I think "block more" does not essentially mean "letting them do a block string"

I think it's more like playing a bit more passive, jump in barrier, dash barrier and stuffs. maybe also not taking a risk every now and then, just try to hit when it hits or when its safe.

and E3vE3 WAZ HEA, I think you played very good, way better than me.... orz

you nailed down combos. but maybe you're just not familiar with the matchup. to carls I've met(not really sure it will apply for that XBL carl), I like to do a 2c[m] and 3c[m] to prevent from getting in. the rest I think I played a bit passive

Do what everyone else does and find openings to DP in blockstrings, then you can push for an offensive, just make sure you know who you're fighting against what their options are and what yours are. Also pay attention to player habits, some people love their DPs as their get away solution, some people will seldom use them because they often get punished or baited and are afraid.

Do what everyone else does and find openings to DP in blockstrings, then you can push for an offensive, just make sure you know who you're fighting against what their options are and what yours are. Also pay attention to player habits, some people love their DPs as their get away solution, some people will seldom use them because they often get punished or baited and are afraid.

thanks, i'll try that too

@deadsnake: 2c[m]???? really i always get punished for using it because i'm never at a good angle, but i'll experiment thank you too.

Okay so i think i did well but a little feed back on what i could do better next time wont hurt, this will be the last time i do this until CP (don't want to seem annoying.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlrb6RDjDTQ&feature=g-upl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dod48GUo3Wo&feature=channel&list=UL

i know i made a crap load of mistakes xD got to stop panicking.

Okay so i think i did well but a little feed back on what i could do better next time wont hurt, this will be the last time i do this until CP (don't want to seem annoying.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlrb6RDjDTQ&feature=g-upl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dod48GUo3Wo&feature=channel&list=UL

i know i made a crap load of mistakes xD got to stop panicking.

First Video at 1:06 stop doing all that shit in the corner, it's not benefitting you, I do remember you used to do stuff like that last time I played you(months ago), get the combos down, don't panic and use proper oki/resets(THAT WORK). 2:02 punished by 2D he got hip to your strategy to punish someone running in, you have to remember barrier guard cancels can stop a dash out right and make someone safe, don't DP when someone is grounded running at you unless you see the move coming out. Don't use straight through against Bang it makes you immobile, bang can 3C, throw nails or take many alternative routes to safely get close to you and lock you down, focus more on having the staff keep him busy by flying around instead. You did alright in the first one, but you could have beat him out right, the bang player at best was average.

The tager was just out right terrible, why even bother posting that one? Only mistake you made was using Daisharin when Tager was able to make any action he wanted as he didn't have to tech, you should learn how to drop the staff inbetween block strings to keep them tight, but beware that some of your normals don't stay + enough to guarentee anything safe and you can get 720'd at any given time 5B>5C(720)

you should learn how to drop the staff inbetween block strings to keep them tight, but beware that some of your normals don't stay + enough to guarentee anything safe and you can get 720'd at any given time

You should pretty much never set the staff down mid-block string, you're asking to get buster'd. There is no airtight Staff -> Staffless string. Utilize your jump cancels against Tager and be very careful about using staffless normals-> 5/2[D] -> staffless normals as there isn't an airtight one of those anymore either. This pretty much goes Litchi's matchup against any character, using D during pressure is never 100% safe.