Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star-Demon

[CS2-CSE] Litchi Faye Ling - Player Improvement & Video Critique Thread

So I was taking a walk today and I realized that LK is saying I'm not just losing one match, I'm actually losing like 13 matches in the space of one match. That's horrible! That's got to be the worst.

Anyways, yesterday Vice-Taicho and I played about 20-something matches and I realized that I just don't understand. He was getting me to jump a lot into ItsuuA, or just tagging me with lows or blowing up a chickenblock attempt.

I'm like, Why is this happening? It's like I don't even know my own chaaraacter's gatling list. I should know everything he can do, and I've been able to do better than this - so what's up?

I think it's because, among everything else that I do wrong, I'm not fully aware of what's going on. I'm not watching if he has staff on my jumpin. I'm jumping and not ware of what he can do, even though I'd do the same damn thing if I was him. How can I do the same thing to others? (aside from them being worse than me)

That's why Moy hits me with Bat and catstick.

That's why I get tagged by ItsuuA and 3C.

That's why I get opened up by Rapid.

That's why I get grabbed.

I'm just not aware of the whole screen. No situational awareness. Is this because I'm talentless? Stupid? Or can I improve this? Can I mentally process more during a match? As an old man?

yes, you understand! but you also had a bunch of opportunities to win that were missed so there's room for improvement

if you know you lack situational awareness than it's something to work on too

i liked that you actually finished some combos but it'd be sweet if you finished them instead of showing us that you drop them, you messed up chun > tk chun!

Well, those *are* the ones I have trouble finishing.

I still can't get TK chun to happen. Did you say I do a short dash? Or should I try to jump and do it like the youtube comment sayss?

I asked uri woz today after a ranked match today if I should be working on my neutral game more or my pressure. I'm not too great in either. But I'm trying to put time into practicing randomized strings because I habitually get obsessive about certain game aspects. I don't use all of my options or am aware of them all throughout a match. I seem to concertate on particular aspects by the day or whatever I am working with -- someone like a quasi-minimalistic guessing game. I'm really not sure how to improve the neutral game besides playing. I've been playing Litchi since Vice-Taicho was showing me basics in Calamity Trigger when i switched from Ragna.

I guess the only little things I can think of are disguising/changing the when I put my staff down, dash 2a resets, things and staggers (I'm not really sure how to describe it). Recently I've been trying to fragment gatlings into groups of 2-5 moves and try to learn to translate between them at will with tight resets in between, but it doesn't seem like better players. I seem to play very inconsistency but at times can hang with better players. But many times I'm splitting rounds and losing 5 matches straight. I definitely want to improve before trying to further learning A.B.A.

[EDIT[ I am also curious about the mental analysis during a match. I can be overwhelmed against a strong player in a match but subconsciously after a match or so, I seem to adjust a lot better. But, shouldn't I be doing this through the 1st round and finding comfort around round 2. I remember a while black playing Nineball Infinite with litchi in CS2 perhaps and I was outmatched, getting only maybe 30-70% of his health down in a round at most. We were playing best out of 5. I remember he had me in the corner and I beat out his 6B once and punished it. He never used it again in the match and that's all I could catch consciously to slow him down. That should be a sign of processing being too slow? I also feel like I play to my level. Good players make me play a better game fundamentally but bad players create some bad habits. Surely good fundamentals should be more consistent right?

A good match for once!

Better than the match at NL! :O

i was in the room haha. I hope I didn't interfere. But your execution is much more solid than mine. I use less tools.

I really need feedback on that match - I can tell Mynus didn't take me seriously but I really need to figure out why I can't understand the fundamentals of spacing and neutral in order to stop getting hit so goddamned much.

how could you tell if he's going serious when you cant get a grasp on the game. cant you see that you're providing your own fuel for that stick of dynamite attatched to you. *gasp* wait a minute... did you... you did... did you almost finish a fucking combo!?!? no way!!! so it looks like you grew a little better from that vid. still a long way to rise but one day of watering at a time.

how could you tell if he's going serious when you cant get a grasp on the game. cant you see that you're providing your own fuel for that stick of dynamite attatched to you. *gasp* wait a minute... did you... you did... did you almost finish a fucking combo!?!? no way!!! so it looks like you grew a little better from that vid. still a long way to rise but one day of watering at a time.

Uh huh. Yes, if someone lets me hit them and it's a 4 bar I can finish most of my combos. It's been that way for months. How about that match, though?

I'm glad you think I'm at least a little better. I can't operate unless I'm recognized somehow. I have no other fuel.

I didn't not take you seriously, I was just trying to deal with online play best as possible...online & offline are not even comparable to me even with the best US connection since I've come back from Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-sE2EY6F-I

I didn't not take you seriously, I was just trying to deal with online play best as possible...online & offline are not even comparable to me even with the best US connection since I've come back from Japan.

See? I told you I can sense the profound disrespect! lol I'm not totally stupid.

Wait...

didn't

not?

Now I'm confused.

^ Yeah. Shoutouts to bad grammar lol. It was fun tho we need more stream sessions. :-)

^ Yeah. Shoutouts to bad grammar lol. It was fun tho we need more stream sessions. :-)

Oh ok, lol! Yeah - My plan is now that I've read the really good book TheBrett recommended to me I have to find concrete ways to apply the ideas and then do them.

That guy in the room with us was like "wow" at us. Both me and stream thought he was coming from SF4 . He just wouldn't jump cancel or special cancel anything.

My plan is now that I've read the really good book TheBrett recommended to me I have to find concrete ways to apply the ideas and then do them.

What is this "book" you speak of?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVlgzSzvgjk

Alright i think i'm getting better at this match up, but a little more help would be nice. just want to know what i should do and what i shouldn't be doing here. i know not to kokoshi against hakumen but i saw that he respected it so i used it until he found out her can counter it. if i ever go against a stronger hakumen what should i prevent myself from doing (besides kokoshi i just took advantage of a situation with that)

What is this "book" you speak of?!

It's called "The Art of Learning" and it's basically about this world class chess player going through chess and martial arts.

It's pretty good - but the concepts don't really leave you as someone who isn't rich and can retreat to Europe to cool off with something to apply the concepts in the book other than to get some fundamentals and practice a lot. It leans heavily on mysterious teachings, but tries to explain how important that stuff acatually is. It's very mixed bag. I'm glad I read it, and I want ot get back to work but I'm still at a big loss about what to do with myself anymore.

I have to go from being the absolute worst Litchi to someplace else. I don't really have any skills or mindset to play anything atm, so I have to somehow build up self confidence and willpower from scratch again while accepting my absolutely bad rep a a player and community member. TBH I have the flu right now so I feel all around shitty and not ready to do anything. I was just put on blast by rampage chuck for having 4000 games and not even having a basic understanding about the game even though that's what I thought I was working on.

There's a lot of confusing shit to work out about what i actually do and do not know about the game and what I have to do to actually learn it- a lot of things I've done to learn are obviously not working, and I need a lot of clarity to do it. Clarity is in rare supply.

This was pretty instructive for me about spacing, converting hits and just doing nothing to bait stuff instead of pushing all sorts of buttons trying to keep my turn.

Thoughts?

First match. I saw actual combos again, good shit. You even finished one into oki.

When kokushi hits, you do tk chun a little bit after the last hit unless they are near the ground, then you don't have to delay

Lots of 6d(1) hits that could have been big damage. 6d(1) 665c 2c 6c(1) delay chun into whatever for corner carry

Nice ducking under swords. You can ib them for meter full screen for the meter, it's piss easy.

Pressure could still use some work but that's ok. Neutral was slightly off too. Might I suggest setting the staff outside of Jins 5c and 2d range, and just holding d until you're sure he'll be blocking the staff. It makes approaching much easier. Just watch out for random swords

me being bodied starting @1:06:00

http://www.twitch.tv/joztv/b/370789893

I believe I was doing fine(on my neutrals) at first but the more I go the more I messed up my neutral

and I dunno what went wrong when I went against arakune except I was forcing to go in with j.c which he beats mine with his j.c too

hell I dunno anymore.... I feel so small....

What would be the best way to approach learning Litchi? I understand some of the basics of how she can zone but I haven't really tried to develop any mix-ups until I got a stronger grasp of some of her better tools for those set ups. I can perform a few of her combos listed on her wiki page and watch videos of Lord Knight a lot to understand how she works on a higher level but feel... a little lost lol. I understand she is a very complex character with a high execution but I just don't want to end developing any REALLY bad habits.

I couldn't find a basics guide or FAQ thread for Litchi so I apologize if this is a bad place to post this.

me being bodied starting @1:06:00

http://www.twitch.tv/joztv/b/370789893

I believe I was doing fine(on my neutrals) at first but the more I go the more I messed up my neutral

and I dunno what went wrong when I went against arakune except I was forcing to go in with j.c which he beats mine with his j.c too

hell I dunno anymore.... I feel so small....

comments? anyone? or is my litchi so bad nobody even bothers to give me some advice

there's gonna be a salty runback event next week so I wanna improve what I can improve

T^T

comments? anyone? or is my litchi so bad nobody even bothers to give me some advice

there's gonna be a salty runback event next week so I wanna improve what I can improve

T^T

I'll make a commentary vid tomorrow.

Yes, Litchi forums are very slow and most of us are really bad at sharing and communicating.