Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CSE] Jin Combo Thread (Updated: 7/19)

After corner 214A, neutral super jump, low j.2C ->

1) fuzzy dj.2C > j.D, land DP B > (Delayed) 6C > DC > 5C > 6C > DP C > 5B > 5C > 623D > 3C > 214Ax2, repeat. You end up with more meter after each time.

2) low 2B/3C

3) catch rolling out > 5C > sj.2C > j.D > AD > j.2C > j.C > 66 5C > Sekkajin > 6C > 214C

4) hit > ...

5) block reversal, lol

Don't see any fuzzy combos around here.

@other dude: dusted off my vita to test and the ice swords just whiff at the height youre trying to do it at lol

And you're doing this combo: 5B > 5C > DP B > (Delayed) 6C > DC > 5C > 6C > DP C > 5A > 5C > 2C > j.C j.2C dj.C, dj.2C j.236C/D?

Because the only reason I made that post is because I can get them to block the j.236C/D every time and want opinions on using that in an actual match instead of just going straight into a DP C finisher for less damage/heat.

You know what it is?

lol I'm retarded. What do you guys have your tech set too? Because I have it set to Neutral tech, which is the only reason it works.

Herped when I should have derped.

X>623B>6B>214A>445C>2C>28j.D>ect should lead into some interesting things.

6B(CH)>Gold Burst x2>6C>623B>66C>623C>5B(2)>5C>6C>623C>5A>5C>632146D>632146D>28BC

8569 if the purple throw is unteched.

So I've decided to sub Jin, and being the nut about optimal combos that I am, decided to post my findings:

Only thing I have to contribute so far is this, but I'll add more as I find em:

Throw (In the Corner)

B+C > DP B > delay 66 6C > DP C > 5B > 5C > sj jC > j2C > jc > j2C > 214B [DM: 3370]

Also here's a "Can't do 3C > 214C" full-screen variation for those pesky characters:

5B > 5C > j2C > jD > 66 5B > 5C > Sekkajin > XX

Obviously at midscreen you'll want to do the usual 6C > 66 jC > 214A corner carry.

Still figuring out most optimal route for this ^

5B > 5C > j2C > jD > 66 5B > 5C > Sekkajin > XX

On top of my head I'd say double Sekkajin does more damage and is more stable than 5C > j.2C if you wanna go for 214C ender.

On top of my head I'd say double Sekkajin does more damage and is more stable than 5C > j.2C if you wanna go for 214C ender.

Well, I've found something new that I believe is optimal for 5B "fullscreen" (really just means when you're not in range for 6C 214A):

[DM: 3160] +40 Heat

5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 66 2C > j2C* > j5C > jD** > 66 5C (before opponent touches ground) > 2C > sj5C > jc > j2C > j214B

*Delay for small characters

**Don't think this works on Carl.

-9 heat isn't worth 6 more damage, so for 3C > 214C capable characters just stick to the original combo.

When's CP...

[DM: 3275]

5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 66 2C > j2C > j5C > j2C > j5C > jD > 66 5C > j5C > j2C > j2C > j5C >

HIZANGEKI!!!!!

(can't finish this with anything I can find)

Maybe replace those last j.2Cs with a j.B or something.

Not a problem with the positioning, there's just not enough stun proration.

Are you able to end it with ice car (assuming proration didn't kick in hard). Instead of adding another set of j.5c and j.2c just end with ice car.

You should just do DP B after landing a 6B, even raw. The move is special cancelable so all you have to do is delay the input a tiny bit so that Jin touches the ground. You can even get DP C off on it raw although there's no use for that.

I expect this will carry over to CP as well.

Example: (in the corner)

6B > DP B > 66 6C > DC 5C > 6C > DP C > 5B > 5C > 2C > sjD > AD j2C > j5C > 66 5B > 5C > 3C > 214C [DM: 5155]

I'm also experimenting with early-use Getsumei combos. (i.e. 5b 5c getsumei > ???)

Except that in CP, Fubuki isn't comboable anymore outside of OD or CH.

Also, don't forget to practice your j.2C > j.C loops for CP...you can do this even off a 5B on characters taller than Rachel, Platinum and Carl (but it's easier on really tall characters):

5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 66 6C > 2D > j.2C > j.C > dj.2C > j.C > 5B > 5C > 3C > 214C (3255 dmg if I recall correctly)

If you can't 3C > 214C, just end with 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C ( > 214A) or try going for a reset.

Also, don't forget to practice your j.2C > j.C loops for CP...you can do this even off a 5B on characters taller than Rachel, Platinum and Carl (but it's easier on really tall characters):

5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 66 6C > 2D > j.2C > j.C > dj.2C > j.C > 5B > 5C > 3C > 214C (3255 dmg if I recall correctly)

That's weird I remember that it was possible on Rachel, I'll check again tonight.

edit: Managed to do it but 3C whiffs lol, whatever it's too harsh on timing anyways :v:

Actually...I just discovered you can j.2C > j.C > j.2C > j.C on everyone but Platinum. I've done it as a starter on Carl even...to my complete surprise...timing has to be perfect though.... Probably won't work well with too much proration and/or less than perfect spacing in the combo.

So Platinum is officially the shortest character in the game =P

I have discovered that on sufficiently tall characters (only successfully tested Litchi and Tager), you can do a Back Throw > 214A Whiff and combo into a j.2C > j.C > stuff string.

But of the following combos, even the first one won't work, or is exceedingly hard, against characters of medium height...if they are too short, don't do it.

EDIT: This doesn't seem to work on Valk; his frozen hitbox is too short.

Near corner (tested on Litchi):

4B+C > 214A (whiff), JC > j.2C > j.C > 66 5B > 5C > 2C > 3C > 214A > 3C > 623B > 214C (2968/46)

You could try the above combo with a variant ender on characters as short as Noel, but I would not recommend it unless you don't mind a reset.

The following combo is the hardest combo I have ever performed that doesn't involve bursts. You must be absolutely perfect in your timing of the j.2C > j.C loop and execute the 214A Whiff, JC as fast as you possibly can or it will not work. You can't squeeze in a 2B after the 66 5B, the 2nd hit of 214C will whiff if you do.

In or near corner (Back throw, tested on Tager):

4B+C > 214A (whiff), JC > j.2C > j.C > dj.2C > j.C > (66) 5B > 5C > 3C > 214A > 623B > 6A > 3C > 214C (3143/51)

I've only ever gotten this to work on Tager, he seems to be the only character tall enough for it. It has great damage with the highest heat gain I've ever seen for a meterless throw combo though, lol.

Well, in terms of damage, the highest I've been able to milk of a meterless throw in the corner is 3170 dmg.

Throw > A musou whiff > B DP > 2C > 6C > C DP > 5A > 5C > 2C > C DP (3170/26)

Also, most optimal 6B counter hit midscreen that I discovered, which is not up there yet.

On standing opponent:

6B [CH] > jump and slightly hold barrier to bait bursts > j.2C > j.C > 66 5C > Sekkajin > 66 6C > 2D > 66 5C > 2C > HJC > j.C > j.2C > JC > j.2C > j.214B (4113/44)

True, I forgot the DP throw route still does the most damage, but it's heat gain is so pathetic I hate using it, lol. At least the oki is good.

Incidentally, I've been messing around with FC 2C again today, and came up with a combo that's pretty solid on all aspects; damage, meter gain, viability;

FC 2C > 6B > 66 5C > (2C) > j.2C > j.C > 66 5C > Sekkajin > 66C > 2D > j.2C > j.C > 66 5B > 5C > 3C > Musou C (3627 dmg, 59!!!!!! meter)

It's better than all of the FC 2C > 6B combos in the OP, and it's pretty easy unless you're playing against Platinum and the likes. 6B also increases its ease and viability since it's piss easy to confirm.

5C > 2C > j.2C doesn't seem to work on all characters, or it's just a lot harder, didn't bother much with it. You can omit the 2C for a little less damage and meter.

Here is my personal 6B (CH) combo: (125 heat, 2 gold bursts, 7900 damage exactly)

6B(CH)>Gold Burst>66>Gold Burst>632146D(Ice Arrow)>DP B>6C>DP C>5B(Both)>5C>6C>DP C>5A>5C>DP D (1st hit)>Opponent Lands on ground>2nd hit>663C>214A>5C>632146D>DP B

And 2C (FC Combo):

2C(FC)>6C>66>2C>DP B>66A>2C>6C>6D>662C>C Mash x8> 2C>632146D>2369C(Whiff, places you for an airgrab reset)

Also, most optimal 6B counter hit midscreen that I discovered, which is not up there yet.

On standing opponent:

6B [CH] > jump and slightly hold barrier to bait bursts > j.2C > j.C > 66 5C > Sekkajin > 66 6C > 2D > 66 5C > 2C > HJC > j.C > j.2C > JC > j.2C > j.214B (4113/44)

Actually, you can improve that combo with a double j.2C > j.C loop and end with ground ice car for more heat and damage. You can do this one on everyone except Platinum, assuming you're spaced correctly after the 6B starter (I've done it on Carl).

On standing opponent:

6B [CH] > JC, j.2C > j.C > DJC, j.2C > j.C > 66 5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 66 6C > 2D > j.2C > j.C > [1) 5B > 3C > 214C] or [2) 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > 214A] (4287/56) or (4285/52)

Actually, you can improve that combo with a double j.2C > j.C loop and end with ground ice car for more heat and damage. You can do this one on everyone except Platinum, assuming you're spaced correctly after the 6B starter (I've done it on Carl).

On standing opponent:

6B [CH] > JC, j.2C > j.C > DJC, j.2C > j.C > 66 5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 66 6C > 2D > j.2C > j.C > [1) 5B > 3C > 214C] or [2) 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > 214A] (4287/56) or (4285/52)

Great, Thanks! Just did it now. Got it to work on Carl too, the timing is quite specific however.

Delay the j.C too much, and the second j.C will be blocked. If you don't delay it enough, the second j.2C will whiff.

Jump Loop Combos?

Here is one against tager:

2C(FC)>j.B>j.2C>j.C>Land>j.B>j.2C>j.C>JumpCancel>j.B>j.2C>j.D>Land>66>j.B>j.2C>j.C>Land>j.B>j.2C>j.C>5B(1st hit only)>3C>214A(You will probably be close enough to the corner by now)>632146D

Timing is specific but its easy enough to pull off on netplay.