Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CSE] Jin Combo Thread (Updated: 7/19)

For those who really want to loop someone midscreen and get great damage and meter, here's a FC combo for you, which is so far the best midscreen FC combo I've found without reaching the corner. Should work on characters of medium height or taller. Just change the ender according to character (tested on Hazama).

Standing Opponent:

2C FC > JC, j.2C > j.C > DJC, j.2C > j.C > 66 5C > JC, j.2C* > j.C > (66) 5C > 6C > 2D > JC, j.2C > j.C > 66 5B > 5C > 3C > 214C (3692/59)

*Execute j.2C as fast as possible after the JC.

If you are close enough to the corner, you can change the end like so (starting from about the middle of the screen)...

2C FC > JC, j.2C > j.C > DJC, j.2C > j.C > 66 5C > JC, j.2C* > j.C > (66) 5C > 6C > 2D > 66 6B > 66 5B > 3C > 214A > 623B > 214C (3705/62)

Why does j.2C > j.C loop have to be one of the best things in Jin's arsenal? As if we didn't already have execution and character hitbox woes, lol.

FINALLY! I broke the 8K barrier!

6B(CH)>Gold Burst x2>6C(Low as possible)>Ice Arrow>DP B>Delayed 6C>DP C>5B(Both)>5C>6C>DP C>5A>5C>DP D(1)>(Opponent Lands)>(2nd hit)>663C>214A>5C>Ice Arrow>DP C (125 heat, 8137 damage)

FINALLY! I broke the 8K barrier!

6B(CH)>Gold Burst x2>6C(Low as possible)>Ice Arrow>DP B>Delayed 6C>DP C>5B(Both)>5C>6C>DP C>5A>5C>DP D(1)>(Opponent Lands)>(2nd hit)>663C>214A>5C>Ice Arrow>DP C (125 heat, 8137 damage)

:yaaay:

combo+reset (in corner):

6A(lets face it, easiest starter to land)>RC>5C>6C>66>623B>66A>3C>214A>66>5B(1)>5C>2C>hj.C>j.D>Dashunder (For reset)

into

j.66D>66C>66>623B>66A>3C>214A>Combo Ender

Wouldn't say its useful, but it looks flashy as hell.

Nah, I've used resets like that before, and it usually hits, so it's pretty useful. That combo after the reset could use some optimization, though.

Anyone else figure out how to use 5C after the DP loop?

Nah, I've used resets like that before, and it usually hits, so it's pretty useful. That combo after the reset could use some optimization, though.

Anyone else figure out how to use 5C after the DP loop?

In EX, the only way I know of to use 5C after DP C involves a Gold Burst, and you probably need to use two, unless you go DP B > 66 > Gold Burst and hit them with the tip of the burst, but I haven't tried that particular route; it might not work. I haven't been able to launch an opponent high enough without Gold Bursts.

The burst needs to send them high enough for the tip of DP C to hit the bottom of their aerial hitbox to have a chance for 5C to connect. If I recall correctly, they have to be just starting to fall when you hit them with DP C. Even then, it's very hard to do because if you don't time the DP just right, or if you didn't launch them high enough in the first place, you won't land 5C.

I should note that more than likely it is character specific...I've never landed it on Relius, and it probably wouldn't work on Tager either, with how horrible his aerial hitbox is. Oddly enough, I have done it on Valkenhayn, so I'm thinking it could work on Makoto...don't count on it though, lol.

DP:C>5C should work on everyone as long as you meaty at near the end of DP C's hitbox.

I'm trying to hit 9K damage with jin and it, well, isn't working.

Yep, it's character specific. I've gotten it to work on Makoto and Noel, and confirmed it not to work on Rachel and Tager. You can do it off of 5B standing starter with only one gold burst as well.

here is a fun one, probably character specific (Only tried on jin so far)

(Opponent in corner) (Corner to midscreen to corner) (100 heat)

2C(FC)>3C>214C(1)>RC>j.5C>j.214A>446C(The hitbox should hit using jin's foot)>66(Run away from current corner, input is towards corner)>j.5C>j.214C(1)>RC>j.D>5C>Sekkajin>6C>214C

Oki idea: