Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda General Discussion

Oh, no, don't get me wrong, in terms of competetiveness, online is a joke. It's more that I don't really see top players going for it.

Oh ok. Dunno, I haven't had the time to keep up with all the japanese vids over the last few months. Outta interest, whats the most used finisher they go for? Do they finishe with 5C, 2C, air ender? Or maybe something like 2DD, 6C, into 236DC oki?

Nah, I don't want to come off blaming people. Just the suggestions Tuka made I had suggested a year or two ago and was laughed at by some of the memembers of this board. It's not easy contributing or compiling these things, I know that, it's just a little discouraging seeing some of the things we've lacked in the Lambda section for years.

I remember seeing how helpful the Hakumen boards were and ventured into the Jin section where they had like, tech traps, pressure string ideas, etc

Oh ok. Dunno, I haven't had the time to keep up with all the japanese vids over the last few months. Outta interest, whats the most used finisher they go for? Do they finishe with 5C, 2C, air ender? Or maybe something like 2DD, 6C, into 236DC oki?

They seem to keep Lambda's combo's really simple. I think I see Yuuki and Tsuuaka go for some of those 236C>236D stuff, but it's pretty surprising to see the low risk stuff they try to do in practice

Nothing has changed you know. It's still a choice between oki and damage.

They seem to go for oki more often then not

And for obvious reasons. Why would you waste precious oki in exchange for damage unless it doesn't kill? unless you hit with something fat and then be my guest.

Nah, I don't want to come off blaming people. Just the suggestions Tuka made I had suggested a year or two ago and was laughed at by some of the memembers of this board. It's not easy contributing or compiling these things, I know that, it's just a little discouraging seeing some of the things we've lacked in the Lambda section for years.

I remember seeing how helpful the Hakumen boards were and ventured into the Jin section where they had like, tech traps, pressure string ideas, etc

Fair enough. Well, I don't know what things were like back then, but I'd like to think no-one would just shoot down an idea like that anymore. I'll do my best with gathering data on advanced gameplay tactics, so please continue suggesting things you think could help around here.

on the topic of midscreen combos with 2C > 5C > 4B

how is it unpractical? and what would be better to use? forgive my scrubbyness but I'm still adjusting to CSE :toot:

on the topic of midscreen combos with 2C > 5C > 4B

how is it unpractical? and what would be better to use?

In netplay lag it can be difficult to get the timing down for the 2C > 5C since if you do it too early your opponent will be too high for 5C to connect, and if you do it too late you'll drop the combo. 5C > 2C > Aerial D ender is the easier option, but it nets a little less damage.

Probably old as balls news but I was messing around with Moechops in training and accidentally found a combo:

Midscreen

236C > 236D > 66 > 214D~C > 66 > 5Cx8 > 6C > Wallbounce > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > dj.DD > dj.2DD > dj.214D

Did like, 4.9 or something, I dunno, I don't play this character.

What are you supposed to do off of midscreen 236C?

What are you supposed to do off of midscreen 236C?

Pretty much what you've done. :3

You could probably tack on a 214A > TK Cresent > 6A > 6C after the first 5Cx8 for a bit more damage, but yeah that's close enough to optimal I reckon.

In netplay lag it can be difficult to get the timing down for the 2C > 5C since if you do it too early your opponent will be too high for 5C to connect, and if you do it too late you'll drop the combo. 5C > 2C > Aerial D ender is the easier option, but it nets a little less damage.

that's dumb

I don't consider something unpractical unless the damage sucks, leaves you at a horrible position, uses too much heat (and doesnt gain enough heat back) or it's ridiculously hard to perform

this is none of that, yes it's annoying to do sometimes but it is by no means unpractical :v:

that's dumb

I don't consider something unpractical unless the damage sucks, leaves you at a horrible position, uses too much heat (and doesnt gain enough heat back) or it's ridiculously hard to perform

this is none of that, yes it's annoying to do sometimes but it is by no means unpractical :v:

Get told Hex.

Also, when addressing something where the timing is iffy or something like that, you just gotta say "While this way does more damage, it is more difficult, and is not recommended if you don't feel confident in the situation, instead use this one that does a bit less damage but is much easier"

That way you don't seem like... whatever it is you seemed like just now.

that's dumb

Like that :3

I dunno. I guess some people find it more difficult to pull off than others? It's not one of the harder things Lambda has in her arsenal execution-wise though, I have to agree.

Like that :3

Lol. To be fair, I wasn't the one who said it was an impractical combo ender, so coo' shades at max. :cool:

2C when they're almost near the ground. 5C. 4B[2] about a frame or two after 5C ends. Yes, distinguishing 1/60th of a second will make or break this combo. Actually, kidding aside, its fairly easy to execute once you got the rhythm down. 6A > 2C > jc > j.DD > jc > j.2DD > 214D~C > j.2C > 2DD > air stuff, took me awhile to get right. The execution is crazy haha. Pretty fun though. Craziest thing was that I actually did it in an online match.

Anyways, if you really dislike the 2C combos after a 236C hit you can do 5C > 214A > 4B[2], nets about the same damage or more. Also, in some cases 2C > 5C > 4B, does less damage than 5C > 2C > air stuff. If it's 4B starter, I'm certain 5C is better for that. Nets about 100 more damage. 236C or something like that, I'd say 2C.

Nu's blades look hella gdlk in Abyss mode.... it's like you're throwing church windows at bitches....

Well I know what the first thing I'm gonna check out when I get Extend is. :v:

Well I know what the first thing I'm gonna check out when I get Extend is. :v:

You gon' go through Abyss 3 times with Lambda and then hope you get Turn Unlimited?

You gon' go through Abyss 3 times with Lambda and then hope you get Turn Unlimited?

Yup. Totally got this. :cool:

Yup. Totally got this. :cool:

Good luck, throwing church windows is pretty fun, especially when you can do GB x4 > 6DD > 2DD > jDD > j2DD > djDD > j2DD > tjDD > j2DD > qjDD > j2DD

Gdlk. I wonder if you can do a Cresent cancel after the first j.DD > j.2DD and still fit in the rest of that combo.

Might have to switch to a U.Nu Abyss main. :3

Gdlk. I wonder if you can do a Cresent cancel after the first j.DD > j.2DD and still fit in the rest of that combo.

No clue, I just mashed stuff and got 11.6k :)

Might have to switch to a U.Nu Abyss main. :3

Do it, since normal U. Nu doesn't have the church windows :(

No clue, I just mashed stuff and got 11.6k :)

Too powerful. :lol:

How do you get quadruple jumps and all that anyway? I don't remember being able to do that in the PSP version.

Do it, since normal U. Nu doesn't have the church windows :(

Aw. :c

I knew that already actually, but it's still sad.