Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda General Discussion

Haha, if someone blocked my mixup for that long I'd probably get mad too, but it's still funny how a Tao player is calling Lambda broken when it's one of Lambda's... not so good matchups. :3

Yep, I'm in Cali. Getting some games in with you sounds like a fun idea, we should play sometime. If you see me on just shoot me a message but this weekend is NCI so I'm not sure if I'll be online on Saturday.

As for the sickle pressure stuff, you can also do stuff like Jump->j.B->j.214D©->Airdash j.B->j.C overhead pressure to mix it up with stuff like that. The one day it dawned on me how good Lambda's mixup can be off of that move was really fun lol, I spent all day just making setups xD but yeah, definitely should play sometime.

I think for the most part it was the fact that I would block for an insanely long time and then follow up with one of Lambda's patented 4k combos. Lambda does some ridiculously good damage, the problem is actually getting that damage. But when you do, it's very fulfilling. I still miss 86 P1 on 4B. That ability gave me so much damage. It still does now, but yeah, memories man.

I will try to get on Friday. We shall see. I play on a bunch of various alts now though. Because I can't afford to keep AchedSphinx active. I'll let you know when I get a new alt since the one I have now is running out of time.

Some days I wish I could fight myself just to make myself look free with tick throws all day.

Well at least you'd get to see Lambda's awesome throw sprite over and over again

102pnhd.png

Lambda, you're so cute. I kind of wonder if Lambda can shoot laser beams out of that visor of hers. Might be a hidden talent. Along with ponytail blades and the riddle as to how she would manage to sit down.

so I haven't been here in a while

did I miss any new cool tech for Lambda? or are we still:

pew pew pew > get hit > ??? > DAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my9v5DQzTVI&feature=g-all-u @ 1:17

How did this Lambda followed 3C>236B with 6B>5C etc.. in the corner? I cant do it in training mode is it just that the timing is really tight?

are you doing it on Relius? because I'm pretty sure it's character specific

try it on Tao, Carl, Arakune, Relius, Litchi, Platinum or Hazama

granted what I'm saying it's from trying to remember a chart that was posted here before from the top of my head

so either I could be forgetting some or listing some that aren't supposed to be there

On characters where 6B followup works without dashing you can do 5BB 3C 236B 6B 5C(1 hit) 6C 236D 214D~C 236C cross under 4B(2) 2DD TK 6DD 2DD D aerial combo for about 4.5k iirc. Maybe a little less than that.

Either way it's great meterless damage if you can get a good starter in the corner.

Well I made up some flashy backdash combos:

j.B (optional)>663C>214A>RC>Backdash>6DD>2DD>2147D>5C(1)>6C>236D>214D~C>236C>445Cx8>2C>Air Swords> Distortion ender (100% heat, 4.6K)

236B(Counter)>RC>Backdash>5DD>236C>6A>6C>5Cx8>2C>Air Swords>Distortion Ender (100% heat, 5K)

Until today, no one has used backdashes mid combo. Now I want to do it all the time =D

Well I made up some flashy backdash combos:

j.B (optional)>663C>214A>RC>Backdash>6DD>2DD>2147D>5C(1)>6C>236D>214D~C>236C>445Cx8>2C>Air Swords> Distortion ender (100% heat, 4.6K)

236B(Counter)>RC>Backdash>5DD>236C>6A>6C>5Cx8>2C>Air Swords>Distortion Ender (100% heat, 5K)

Until today, no one has used backdashes mid combo. Now I want to do it all the time =D

Interesting, I've never thought about using backdashes mid combo. That's pretty cool and opens up a new outlet of flashy combos. And here I thought I was being flashy with some IAD combos lol :c

Time to hit the lab

Its hilarious when you use it to burst bait too. Nothing makes you feel more pro than backdashing that green burst and continuing the combo without any complications.

I have a couple, but there's plenty more saved on my laptop. Once I have time to finish part 3 of the tutorial video, I'll get on uploading those too.

I should too. I've been playing MUCH better since I started using those backdash combos. The amount of bursts I've baited is hilarious. Everyone likes bursting after gravity, but my Backdash combos RC backdash off of gravity.