Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda General Discussion

I try to avoid the swords on prediction sometimes too. Or rather, I try to make the Lambdas have certain habits. For instance, I'll hop towards them a lot to make them 5D, so then next time I can be ready to IAD over really fast.

That one might be a bad example though since the Lambdas I played with (Arcade Fire back in the day, and Toan) almost never fall for that. :P I just IAD right into a 6D. Or maybe they didn't even notice what I was trying to do.

So instead I'd end up waiting for the 6D and Kishuu'ing under.

I guess it could be because Hakumen is so damn fat that 6D hits him even when he's standing. You can just do 6D and cover both approaches.

And then there is me. Spamming 6Ds all day long because it shuts down all your meterless approach. =D

though I haven't played in forever. Renewing XBL is to expensive and my next 200$ is going towards modding my 3ds for video capture.

You have habits? I just choose one way of escaping and continue to do it until it works. When I was beating your Hotaru with 2C, it wasn't on reaction or a guess. I had decided before I got into the corner to spam it hoping you would use Hotaru. Same thing with when I FC'd your throws with gravity well. Against you, I figured it would work better to just do the same thing and hope you over think things.

God. I hate it when people do that. :P Those types of antics always get me the most. I like to use my habits as part of the mind games though. Like, if you know I'm going to do X a lot, then chances are you'll do Y move to counter it which makes it easier to have a counter to that.

Anyway, I found that doing Hotaru and then just mashing D during it will beat 2C. 2C clashes with Hotaru, I go into D and you have a multi hit move so you get hit. loooooooool

If you don't 2C and get hit, I can't cancel into the D and can do my normal combo.

For those that don't know, me and Toan found that 2C actually beats Hotaru. wry

Actually, I knew that from CT, but it hadn't come up again until recently since Toan started using it to beat my throw mixup. But now the 2C escape has been shut down.

Then I just need to buffer 236A (2A should work too) so that if 2C clashes, your D mash would whiff. I know that I can definitely cancel a clash into 2A, I would guess that cancelling it into a special move would work too. I could probably mash a lot of moves to beat that set-up. jD probably has a 1 frame start-up and like 7 or 8 active frames so I could just mash any 10+ frame normal to CH you out of hit.

No, but, your ONE sword hit of 2C clashes. I am snapped out of Hotaru and can do other moves, but you're still in the middle of 2C because it's a multi-hit move. Then I do j.D, and the next sword hit of 2C hits j.D and you get wrecked. Or do you mean you can cancel straight from that to 236A and avoid the rest of 2C finishing.

Time for TRAINING MODE

Thanks for all the answers.

I can't really react perfectly when the other guy rushes at me, most of the times it ends up with me throwing a 6D and he keeps running without jumping, or a whiff 5D due to him jumping at the right time, so i was wandering how big of a part this is and what are my alternatives.

When i tried to play purely by reaction it ended up extremely bad, so i thought i would play more with 2B pokes or 4Bs and keep the swords for when i have 50 heat for counter assault so i don't get stuck in the corner.

Damn Toan you're right.

Why didn't you do this earlier. :P

236A gets you out but you can't punish, but 2A CH's out of j.D.

Fucking 2C.

Oh well, I still have one more trick up my sleeve. But I'll save that for the next time we play.

EDIT: AHA. If I do 6B after the Hotaru clash that beats 2A. That won't save me if I did j.D though. I guess that just means as part of the mixup I have to either commit to you going for a throw and CH with Hotaru or throw and catch the 2C.

Thanks for all the answers.

I can't really react perfectly when the other guy rushes at me, most of the times it ends up with me throwing a 6D and he keeps running without jumping, or a whiff 5D due to him jumping at the right time, so i was wandering how big of a part this is and what are my alternatives.

When i tried to play purely by reaction it ended up extremely bad, so i thought i would play more with 2B pokes or 4Bs and keep the swords for when i have 50 heat for counter assault so i don't get stuck in the corner.

Avoid putting yourself into situations where you have to guess like that. If you are unsure of which sword to use, it is generally safe to IAD j2DD. Of course that puts you closer to the corner, which is something you want to avoid. If push comes to shove, you can take the fight to him by dashing forward and initiating pressure with a move. It's sort of hard to explain exactly what to do without seeing you in action and seeing what your habits are.

Damn Toan you're right.

Why didn't you do this earlier. :P

236A gets you out but you can't punish, but 2A CH's out of j.D.

Fucking 2C.

Oh well, I still have one more trick up my sleeve. But I'll save that for the next time we play.

EDIT: AHA. If I do 6B after the Hotaru clash that beats 2A. That won't save me if I did j.D though. I guess that just means as part of the mixup I have to either commit to you going for a throw and CH with Hotaru or throw and catch the 2C.

You never made me.

Yeah, I never thought of just mashing D during Hotaru to even have the situation come up until a random training mode session one night. You can just avoid the entire Hotaru situation altogether with 2b anyway though.

Avoid putting yourself into situations where you have to guess like that. If you are unsure of which sword to use, it is generally safe to IAD j2DD. Of course that puts you closer to the corner, which is something you want to avoid. If push comes to shove, you can take the fight to him by dashing forward and initiating pressure with a move. It's sort of hard to explain exactly what to do without seeing you in action and seeing what your habits are.

Yeah, i have that corner problem :(

Im trying to get the balance right between throwing Ds (those damn things are double edged swords) and going to close range, but i find it the hardest part of Lambda's gameplay, im not the only one, right?

Yeah, i have that corner problem :(

Im trying to get the balance right between throwing Ds (those damn things are double edged swords) and going to close range, but i find it the hardest part of Lambda's gameplay, im not the only one, right?

Pretty sure that is the hardest part for most Lambda. If that part were easy, it would be like having a flow chart and less fun to play her.

I know the Murakumo units are replicas/clones/copies of Saya but are they all related? Like sisters by any chance? For example Noel, Nu, and Lambda?

P.S.: I know Lambda is technically dead and Nu is using her body

Well, fuck, I think the official announcement of how big the OST of CP is proves that Lamby and Mu aren't in it.

It apparently has 28 remixes of old songs. If you look at CS's OST amd take out Sword of Doom and Awakening The Chaos (along with Bang's FRKZ music), you get 28 songs.

Fuck.

Um.... well technically they are but...

Okay here's a good way to put it...

Since when you clone someone you're using the DNA of the person to which said cloning is being done on that would me that you're basically making a test tube baby [i think], so in theory they are related to one another and Ragna and Jin.

I could be wrong about this though, [i must likely am] but I hope this helps. :D

Well, fuck, I think the official announcement of how big the OST of CP is proves that Lamby and Mu aren't in it.

It apparently has 28 remixes of old songs. If you look at CS's OST amd take out Sword of Doom and Awakening The Chaos (along with Bang's FRKZ music), you get 28 songs.

Fuck.

They won't scrap the Murakumo. It would be silly. Just expect to be the "Mu" of this game. A character that is only there to serve to story with no relevance anywhere else.

Mu on the other hand, genuinely seems to be gone.

^They're likely to bring v13 back as the sword summoner type zoner character (because of CS True end)... but as for a "Mu", it's possible Mikado will be the next Mu (pure speculation, btw).

Well, they will be back for sure, the problem is when. I can see them coming in BBCP2 in like 6+ months or even in BB4 if Mori feels like trolling us some more.

And yea, i believe they are stupid enough to just throw them away.

Its ridiculous though, feels like spending a year trying to learn lambda was just for nothing.

just watch guys

after Kokonoe brings back Caelica from the mirror room she turns her into a Murakumo (Lambda play style) and Nu being the new sword of the imperator plays like Mu-12 (since Mu was the previous sword of the imperator)

n shit

or we can get trolled via DLC

What if the new murokumo plays as Nu/Lambda does, but all the swords are instead replaced with lasers that do the same thing. Wouldn't that look cool?

What if the new murokumo plays as Nu/Lambda does, but all the swords are instead replaced with lasers that do the same thing. Wouldn't that look cool?

Only if it removed her deadzone.