Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda General Discussion

IIRC it just like 4B to airgrab >.>

It reminded me of a seismic toss from pokemon. So I thought it was really fun that she got something that does that.

That aside, Toan has a point, Carl's mobility is subpar compared to Lambda's and his options for getting in are limited to the slide on the ground and air dash. They removed glide throws in CE so that's one option gone. Also, you can simply spam 6D if you want, it's jump cancel-able so you're not screwed if it hits the doll, and if it whiffs you can more than likely catch him with 4B because he can't reach you as fast as others can. Or, you can do as severin did in evo and use 2C to play around the doll. It is jump cancel-able as well, so you can use it to kill some doll meter and retreat. Not sure how viable this is, but Carl lacks a real DP, so you can essentially pressure him to death if he's in the corner. Carl without Nirvana the match up becomes 7-3 in Lambda's favor :D

Oh and we should make an unlimited Nu only room when extend hits and spam that new super :D

If they didn't change Carl's 6A from CS2 to CSE then it effectively counts as an anti-air DP because it's high invincible from frame 1. So if you're going to pressure him, try not to jump too often and stay out of range of his 6A.

Not to mention that if Carl is using the doll too much to keep you away you can just act parser A right through the doll and throw him or do something.

Why do you think Carl is so hard to deal with? His mobility is ass and he is easily zoned. Nirvana makes it slightly better for him but his weakness is still there. Of course, if you get caught once, the round is over in CS2.

I find that Nirvana does a lot more for him than you might think. Both characters have extreme problems when it comes to defensive options but at least Carl has someone to tank for him. Not to mention if he hits you with a 5A your practically dead unless you make some damn good decisions. But I don't really want to get into this, if you do lets take it to the Carl MU thread, its there for a reason.

Being a mod doesn't make you a better player.

This ^^^

If being a mod meant being a better player than the only Lambdas that should be even considered mods would be severin, hellknight, and overheat. I might be missing one or two but you get my point. Mods are people that can do a lot for the community and are active and helpful people. They are knowledgeable about the game and can keep things running smoothly.

You said a matchup was simple, he said it was ass, so regardless of mod position, it's clear you know and or are doing something that he isn't. So discussion is in order ;3

Wait... what? How is he doing something that I am not? Not saying that's not an option, but couldn't he be just have not experienced high level Carl play before??? I don't really know where I'm going with that lol. But regardless I based my Carl MU off Xie because I have had the most practice against him then any other Carl. Its not ass, nor impossible. Its just really hard :/

So wait, is A Stupid Crayon like one of the best Lambdas ever then? Because I've never heard of him :I

He certainly seems to talk down the skills of the mods, so does that mean he's better than them?

No, I never said I was the best Lambda ever, or even close to it >.>

If you read my posts about who should be a mod and who shouldn't according to skill I was clearly not on that list.

I just find it funny how you immediately ruled me out to be even a half decent Lambda player just because he is a mod and I am not. Just to clarify I'm not talking down on Toan, I was just expressing my opinion and defending my position. I have a lot of respect for the man and I greatly admire what he and Hex have done to reshape the Lambda boards.

I mean like, if you sport an avatar without the correct dimensions, I just assume you're a netplayer, so I have to apologize.

Although now I do wanna see you and Toan mirror match ;3 FT10! FINAL DESTINATION! NO ITEMS!

Yeah I'm really bad with computers and formatting images etc T-T

But no harm done, I want to play against Toan for awhile now but I never get the chance :(

EDIT: Luna your Noel is sick ;)

Yeah I'm really bad with computers and formatting images etc T-T

But no harm done, I want to play against Toan for awhile now but I never get the chance :(

EDIT: Luna your Noel is sick ;)

Oh thanks lol

Also, if you want a better avatar, you can ask some people for one, I know NVG has 3 dedicated Avatar makers, and Hex himself is one, so I'm sure if you ask nice and tell him he's a handsome man, he'll make one for you.

Haha will do xD

Also when I said I got my Carl MU against Xie... it wasn't Xie... it was Zong One. I get those two mixed up sometimes.

Haha will do xD

Also when I said I got my Carl MU against Xie... it wasn't Xie... it was Zong One. I get those two mixed up sometimes.

Oh well hell yeah, Zong is a beast. I was a tad confused because Xie doesn't play Carl x.x

But at the same time, you gotta look at player skill as a big factor, like for example, there is a Valk player in my scene, and he gets raped pretty bad by my Noel, so he constantly says that the matchup is ass (it IS ass, but it's ass for Noel), so he thinks that since he can only win 5% of the time, that it's simply because of the matchup, and not because his opponent is just a lot better than him.

So basically what I'm saying is: ZONG ONE IS A FUCKING BEAST, even if the matchup was 8/2 in Lambdas favor, Zong would still find a way to win ;3

I know what your saying but I don't think of it as me vs Zong one, I think of it more of Lambda vs Carl. I try to explore all of the options and not just complain about a MU unless there something there that is worth complaining about (like Hazamas chains!)

If only it was that easy.

Usually, if you read your opponent well enough, that Hazama will jump. It's similar to fighting a Lambda. Just gotta pick them off to make them a bit wary. An odd thing to note, 5A stuffs that charge overhead of his. Probably beats out the low as well if he holds it for too long. One thing I'm trying to get better at against him is counting the pulling counter thing he has, I always ignore it for some reason.

Since extend isn't coming out until the 14th, I'm actually anticipating FF13-2. Looks promising enough.

I thought Lambda vs Carl was considered a bad match up.

So is Hazama, Bang, and Tao.

I am probably wrong.

This is Lambda general. We live on an artificial high that 6D can handle any and all troubles. So our bad match-ups that are 4-6, psssh 6D makes them 7-3.

And yeah, I played the demo for 13-2, it was cool and all. I mean it's mostly like 13 from what I can tell, except I'm guessing they're going to do a FF6 kind of thing where you have multiple parties out and about. The monster stuffs looks fun too. Anything where I can min/max go crazy disgaea mode on is awesome.