Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda General Discussion

Yo Japan, I know you're godlike and I'mma let you finish, but Overheat makes the best Lambda CVs of ALL TIME!

My recent ones are better IMO lol

CS2 CV

Newer CS1 CV

(primarily CS1) TK Loop

I'll be making an HD CS1/CS2 CV sometime soon if anyone's interested, but I might include CSE as well.

Niggs if you don't do an all CSX CV I'mma find where you live and Bear-Hug you into Oblivion. The game niggs not the noun. You're gonna be fighting dragons and shit.

While I don't promote bear-hugging people into the next dimension, I have to admit that I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Lambda in Extend too, Overheat~

As far as cross overs are concerned, were you referring to the 2B on neutral tech and Lambda ends up on the other side. I think that might be the best one and safest one she can achieve.

I'd say that's a cross-under. 2A or 2B are the "best" choices, but I'd choose 2B. You can also cross under with Barrier, but it's a bit harder. Safer too, I guess? Debatable.

Yes, haha, somehow I made one the other. But that cross-under 2B seems really effective, since the time to react is cut in half compared to IAD forward and doing whatever. I guess it's a playstyle thing. Whenever I see a CV of Lambda I wonder why can I never be that good and then I realize I'm a netplay only person and my woes continue. Then again those guys are pros haha.

I need to play more casuals :P

I used to netplay all the time, and was pretty much a 70-30 netplay-offline player, but I eventually started playing offline all the time. Now, I go online less than once a month. I recommend finding someone, even just 1 person, to play offline with. Of course, sometimes that's not possible, but it really is quite something.

A netplayer can be just as good, if not better, than an offline player. A pad / hitbox / whatever player can be just as good, if not better, than a stick player.

IMO, the only real reason to know how to use a stick is console issues (wireless, converters), and to be able to play on arcade cabinets. It's also a good investment, compared to a pad (pad mileage varies, of course...).

Those CV's I do? 90% of the combo's are done on pad, which is what I started playing with. Now, I'm trying to do them on stick, but it takes longer and is harder for me. I can use both, but for practicality now, I use stick. CV's are meant to be awe-inspiring, I think. It takes quite long for me to do my CV's, because most of the things have to be perfect (# of hits, show Heat Gain, visible damage counter), although I do mess up or forget sometimes. It isn't just a recording session done in 2 hours, for example. They usually take a week or two to get everything recorded and organized.

Another note on stick. Doesn't make your execution better (of course lol). Seeing Yoshiki and Tsukasa make huge mistakes on stick once in a while is unfortunate, seeing as they're 2 of the strongest Lambda players.

(for example:

Dashing j.632146D = messed up dashing TK or TK feint [Yoshiki and Tsukasa]

TK feint > j.632146D = messed up j.214D, I think [Yoshiki])

I've never made that mistake on pad. I make that mistake once in a while on stick. If I went and practiced it, I could probably crush that mis-input. Although seeing those 2 make that mistake is really something =/

My Combo Videos are usually just me going:

"Ok time to do a combo video"

*Training Mode*

"Let's find some silly starters"

*1 hour later*

"Let's find silly combos"

*1 hour later*

"let's do crazy damage"

*1 hour later*

"Let's slap some Music on this and call it a day"

Like the way I do combo videos sounds really lazy, but a lot of my stuff has been well received. I consider a CV more of a combo showcase, so I don't do too many "Set-ups" to show why the starter could ever happen, granted I have done it a few times, but the way I see it, if you don't know how to make use of the starter, why are you watching a combo video? Learn the game first lol

There's a fine balance between practicality and optimal LAWLS. In order to be truly appreciated, I think most CV's are understood much better by people who are good with that character, usually.

That's some good stuff. You know the awkwardness of Blazblue is finding another person to play who doesn't think it's a showcase of scantily-clad women and swords. I'll probably sift through the gaming club around here, I'm sure there's at least one fan of the series. I actually began BB as offline with a friend who introduced me to the game, but I started playing online to get better whereas he didn't, so now I'm insanely better and he can't seem to take a win off me. I play on the pad too and know of the woes of mis-inputs. The best being Legacy Edge.

For whatever reason that move will not come out when I need it most, and its soooo good too on punish, I love it a lot, but I only use it like once every one hundred matches lol. That dash into j.214D is a really annoying one seriously. I don't know how the pad mis-reads it into calamity, but I think as long as you don't make it 6321479D it will be j.214D. Actually, I won a match on a j.Calamity mis-input. Most of the times though, my pad mis-inputs calamity as 6D. But someone amazing as them to do it, it's pretty something. Actually, I think severin did a mis-input at evo, tournament jitters, one of the main reasons I don't attempt to go, that and money :P

CVs are cool because they make Lambda look so incredible, but then, since they're mostly clips and editing and whatnot, the matches normally don't go at that hyped up pace. But they're still inspiring because of all the work that goes into them. Maybe I'll do one in the future if I'm ever able to bypass my skill cap.

There's a fine balance between practicality and optimal LAWLS. In order to be truly appreciated, I think most CV's are understood much better by people who are good with that character, usually.

Right, that said though, I really liked your CVs, the time you dedicate to them shows, and the fact that I am openly saying this says a lot, since normally I am rather Tsundere towards other CV makers, ask Hex :kitty:

Rachel is gay k.

And I came from smash bros as well. I put more time in melee/brawl then I have any game I have ever played. MK and Marth to much fun <3

Lol i just realized Lambda is also (-) or neutral on block for all normals. Awesome. You learn something new every day.

I also learned that 2B>2C in a blockstring is BAAAAADDDDDD. its DP-able

Lol i just realized Lambda is also (-) or neutral on block for all normals. Awesome. You learn something new every day.

I also learned that 2B>2C in a blockstring is BAAAAADDDDDD. its DP-able

You really shouldn't read it like that. Some of Lambda's normals are good for punishing mash outs, like 2B, it's neutral on block so it's good. As long as something isn't -3 or worse on block it's fairly safe to use, unless they IB it. 2B>2C doesn't really matter since 2C is jump cancelable, Lambda can easily just jump dash back or anything really to punish a DP. If you do 2B>2C sure it'll get punished eventually, but only if you're predictable with it. If you end a block string with anything, make sure it's jump cancelable.

@ Mr. Crayon, my thoughts were the same as yours which is why I said that. But I did add some flavor of my own, in a shorted condensed version :D

wait, am i reading it backwards?

Does - mean you are minus? or your opponent?

I feel retarded lol. Maybe its just cuz im still awake at 11PM.

wait, am i reading it backwards?

Does - mean you are minus? or your opponent?

I feel retarded lol. Maybe its just cuz im still awake at 11PM.

Yes. - means it's a disadvantage on block and vice-versa.

She has eight normals

The First hit of 5C

The Second hit of 5C

The Third hit of 5C

The Fourth hit of 5C

The Fifth hit of 5C

The Sixth hit of 5C

The Seventh hit of 5C

and 3C